New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

It is my half term, thankfully!! Though had a text this morning saying we have an underground leak that's affecting heating so they recommend that staff don't go in today. Good thing I wasn't planning to and shame it's not happened next week!

Will update the avatar tomorrow after WI :)

It really does make you think doesn't it. It's things like that that make me realise I'd rather have a whole plate of fruit than 3 biscuits or something.

Thanks Diva! That stripy one is my favourite. Part of me really wants to be able to wear that bikini, the other part of me is terrified of the thought! I've never been slim so I've never worn one. I wouldn't feel comfortable enough with my body to wear one and wouldn't want to put anyone through having to see that anyway! So the thought of having so much on show is both exciting in that it'll be a change to show off my hard work but scary because it... well, I don't know. It just seems daunting!

I've been thinking a lot about what it'll be like once I reach goal and the only thing I know is that I don't know what it'll be like! I've never been there, I don't know what size I'll be, what weight, how I'll change, what I'll look like, how my clothes and style will change, how I'll feel or how my confidence and self esteem will change. It all makes it feel a little bit scary. Is that silly??

Now, to answer your question, no I didn't always want to be a teacher. Originally I wanted to be a barrister, from about the age of 8 I think. I was obsessed by legal dramas on TV and still am really! Ally MacBeal, Judging Amy, Law and Order, Suits, Judge John Deed! I know they were more about the drama than the law but I loved them. I did Law at A Level and really enjoyed it and had planned on doing it at uni but got put off by my Law tutor. He said that it's not all it's cracked up to be, it's learning dates and case names for hours on end, all the time and effort etc. I was still interested though until it got to a year or two before the recession hit and a good friend of mine was doing Law but had finished uni so was doing his practice thing and was having to work 18 hour days every day. He had to live, eat and breathe his job. He said that for him it was worth it, he'd retire at 45 and live his life then. That wasn't enough for me. I want a life. I want a family, kids, friends! I knew that if I followed that path I'd have to leave it behind and so I chose having a life. Sometimes I still wonder what it'd be like. I'm very legal minded really, I've argued my way out of every parking ticket I've ever had, I've argued my way into replacements for phones, laptop and car tyres outside of warranty! But I don't regret it, not really.

I did consider being a forensic scientist too but realised it wouldn't be quite as exciting as CSI! And as my Dad pointed out, who wants to kiss the girl who has been around a dead body all day lol Teaching is something I kind of fell into. I considered it and then dismissed it, until I went to Thailand and fell in love with the job. I do still love the job but I certainly don't love the paperwork, pressure and constant hoops to jump through. Kind of wish I could go back to Thailand where life was easy!

Morning all.

Weigh in for me. I'd set myself a little target of being 230lb this week, was 235.8lb last WI. Thought it was ambitious but wanted it, it was a nice round number lol So, what do I weigh today? 230.0! Spot on!! :D That's a 5.8lb loss this week, averages to 2.5lb over the last two weeks when taking into consideration the gain last week. Considering the two meals we had, I'm VERY happy with that :D

I'm now 16st 6lb! That's still pretty overweight (BMI of 34) but it's 7lbs lower than I managed to get last time! 48lb more to go now, so 3st 6lbs. Feel good today!!

Morning all.

Weigh in for me. I'd set myself a little target of being 230lb this week, was 235.8lb last WI. Thought it was ambitious but wanted it, it was a nice round number lol So, what do I weigh today? 230.0! Spot on!! :D That's a 5.8lb loss this week, averages to 2.5lb over the last two weeks when taking into consideration the gain last week. Considering the two meals we had, I'm VERY happy with that :D

I'm now 16st 6lb! That's still pretty overweight (BMI of 34) but it's 7lbs lower than I managed to get last time! 48lb more to go now, so 3st 6lbs. Feel good today!!

Well done chick x

Thanks Jo :)

Massive well done Caz, that is just fabulous. You should be feeling really blooming chuffed with yourself. :) xxx

Morning all.

Whoop! Lowest Adult Weight -- feels good? :).

It does! I'm well under lowest weight now, comfortably under it enough to know that I won't be over it again with my weekend off in a couple of weeks. Wonder if I could be in the 15s (just!) by then?!

More ebay packages arrived today. Love packages, feels like Christmas even though I know what's inside them lol Two beautiful dresses, much nicer than I expected actually so probably too nice to wear day to day. Maybe I'll save them for when me and Aaron go away for the weekend.

Well done on the loss. You are doing so well at this. And that dress from ebay is gorgeous! Really suits you.

Hi Minerva :)

thanks Aymz. How are you doing?!

It does! I'm well under lowest weight now, comfortably under it enough to know that I won't be over it again with my weekend off in a couple of weeks. Wonder if I could be in the 15s (just!) by then?!

More ebay packages arrived today. Love packages, feels like Christmas even though I know what's inside them lol Two beautiful dresses, much nicer than I expected actually so probably too nice to wear day to day. Maybe I'll save them for when me and Aaron go away for the weekend.

I got four boxes from Amazon.com (base post office) and let DD open them -- thinking they were birthday gifts. Oops, a boatload of scrapbooking stuff I ordered. Oh well, it's to make her scrapbook after I finish the niece's. (Double Prints -- it was DD's London adventure with cool older cousin!)

Thanks ladies.

How disappointing for DDI Mel, at least she got the fun of opening them lol

I went to the cinema last night with my sister and nieces who walked around asda picking up all manner of sweets, chocolate and fizzy drink whilst I bought a bottle of sparkling flavoured water and had a bar in my bag. Enjoyed it just the same, film was better than I expected.

Went to asda again after and bought chicken and veg. They sell bags of diced/sliced veg for only 50p! So I stocked up on bits. Problem is I end up having to throw loads away so I've decided to be organised.

1361432659086.jpg

Inside that bag is 200g of swede, leek, courgette, mushroom and pepper. I split it all into the 5 bags that are now completely portion controlled and have put them in the freezer. I also bought a bag of frozen chicken. I like fresh but end up having to freeze it anyway so figured might as well. Shop here is £5 for 2 breasts and that bag was £5 for 1kg/6-7 breasts. Not only will it save me money and stop me throwing things away but it's all perfectly portion controlled. It means no adding just a little extra this or that because I fancy it and doesn't matter if i can't be bothered to weigh because it's already done for me. Going to do the same again tonight with the different stir fry veg I bought. Feel like this kind of organisation will be key to my long term success. Quick and easy.

Lots of school work to do today :( What do you all have on the agenda?

I'm doing something today that I've never done before... I'm going to go and talk to the doctor about me weight and it be my own choice! I've been thinking about things and how I really want to make it work this time. I want to actually lose the weight this time AND I want to keep it off. I need to go and see her to sort getting a repeat prescription for my thyroid tablets anyway (not taken in the best part of 6 months, oops!!) so thought I'd talk to her about it too. I've only been to see her once but she seems nice. She's not a skinny rake like my old doctor so although she's not particularly overweight, I don't feel like I'll be so judged.

I don't really know what I want from them in regards to my weight to be honest. I guess just some support and accountability. I feel like if my doctor knows and I, like Rose, have a WI once a month with my nurse or something then I'm accountable a lot more, I can't go off the rails and give up because they won't let me. They do a GP referral to the gym and stuff too where you get a 12 week personalised exercise plan but I'm not sure if I'd get that. Doing S&S I think I need more WI support/accountability atm and then maybe support in keeping it off, whether that's a gym thing then or referring me to a nutritionist or something. I don't know, we'll see. I just hope I walk away feeling supported and not judged for a change.

Morning Caz,

Super super super planning! Hey, get a soupmaker. Use two veg packs, a little sodium free stock cube, some spices and hot water. Dry fry and cut up the chicken or boil t. And it makes a very filling evening meal. Make two vegetable packs base soup (save 1/2) and the next day have it adding prawns instead of chicken and a little curry paste! Have it over well-rinse zero rice.

I've had the same thought re: nurse, weighing, support. (Rose is such an inspiration.) if they offer you the gym and/or nutritionist take the offer.

I don't think they'd be willing to do anything for me. But, I am still working on the "diet coach" thing. CFF and her two "partners in fitness" have the personal trainer. I know they "exclude" me -- not to be mean, but because they all have a lot to lose and all three of them have said they'd be thrilled to be my size. So, I'm on my own. I do have a new neighbor that I might be able to try fitness classes with me -- but I wont bother asking her until I'm doing it for myself and on my own.

Instead of Blackpool -- we could do a York Meet up in early August. It's an easy train ride from Glasgow, me thinks. I love York. There are very affordable hotels -- we stayed in one right along the river. I even brought my dog and she stayed with us (we took our Yorkie to York).

Back