New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

It was! Nicest tea I've had in ages! I've got strawberries for tomorrow. Miss fruit so much!!

Haven't eaten fruit for 5 years! :eek:

Cambridge Diet must have got it wrong then, coz they reckon you can still lose weight going up the 6 Steps, 4 of which include fruit. Nothing is set in stone, like you will only lose 1lb a week if you eat carbs, how do you think people lose on SW and WW, and only the other day I was reading a post from someone who finished S&S and still lost 2.5lbs the following week. Just pointing this out to you, at the end of the day of course it is the diet that you think that will work best for you.
I'll get me coat! :hide:

Yeah you can still lose (though those plans aren't put there to build up to a weekend off but to maintenance) but my point is you'll lose less and so that'll surely counterbalance any gain that you don't have. So yeah, you don't have a gain but you'll end up losing the same if not a bit less as you'll be eating the same that weekend but plus the extra calories and carbs from your refeed.

I love fruit! Bought strawberries for tomorrow and my god, you'll never have seen someone so excited by food! Haha Had a fruit salad at the weekend - melon, mango, pineapple, kiwi and a couple of grapes. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!! It's actually fruit and more veg that I miss more than anything else really.

I love fruit! Bought strawberries for tomorrow and my god, you'll never have seen someone so excited by food! Haha Had a fruit salad at the weekend - melon, mango, pineapple, kiwi and a couple of grapes. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!! It's actually fruit and more veg that I miss more than anything else really.

Sounds like you're in a good place head-wise to make the switch to calorie counting - if you're enjoying healthy food and feel like it can work for you, go for it :) I have no doubt that you'll succeed! Xx

Well shall see how the next couple of days go, will help me make a decision. Got excited at the thought of being able to use my hairy dieters cookbook lol I think part of my problem is that I can be a bot of a rebel! Tell me I can't have something and I'll want it more, tell me not to do something and you're more likely to make me do it! A diet like this is so restrictive and I'm sure I end up wanting things mainly because I can't have them and then feel like I'm missing out or whatever. At least with calorie counting, slimming world, weight watchers etc. there's nothing off the menu, it's just about moderation and working it into your day.

As you can tell, big parts of my problem are all in my head. I desperately want a quick fix. I want to wake up tomorrow and be slim but that's not going to happen so I want it as soon as possible! Part of me is starting to realise that there is no quick fix for me, that for me actually how I get there is as almost as important as getting there.

Didn't manage quite as early a night as planned but was about half 10 when I dropped off last night. I think a night of just relaxing and then a earlyish night did me a world of good. I still feel a little tired but feel a million times better than I did last night! The problem this morning is that my bed is so warm and comfy I don't want to get up :p

Wearing a dress to school! Think the last time I wore a dress to school it was a summer dress and I was 10 lol Fancied wearing it just because I've had it ages and has never fit me, until now!

Hi Caz! I'm all caught up FINALLY! Wow! You've lost over FOUR stone! That's probably one flour students!

DH and DS got up and out to work yesterday no problem... This morning was a different story. I had woken up in the wee hours and went downstairs to watch the news (bless those people in Boston) and dozed on the couch. My iPhone went off and I went to join DD and DH in the kitchen AND...they were still in bed!!! I got them both up, fed, (DD's bag had been sorted the night previously) and out the door on time. BTW DS got up early and was loitering around the kitchen oblivious, as always... he left for work as I was running around getting the other two sorted!

I'm taking melatonin tonight and making sure DD and DH are up on time.

I wax my eyebrows. I used to wax everything else but now i epilate cos Im hard as nails. Lol

OMG! I bought an epilator -- it's pure torture. I had my underarms waxed ONCE! I walk around for days with my hands on my hips praying I wouldn't perspire. Never again. Legs are no big deal -- but after the underarm agony I'd never do a Brazilian or (horror) Hollywood.

Caz, I've cut myself on the ankle shaving and it bleed like a head wound. Sigh.

It was! Nicest tea I've had in ages! I've got strawberries for tomorrow. Miss fruit so much!!

That's why (even when I'm "on packs" I have a few berries (strawberries cut up and some blueberries in my oatmeal) and an apple with peanut butter for snack. And, I have my veggies with my evening meal. It's kind of like S & S with five a day (but the lower carb, high fiber and most nutritious choices). I feel better when I do this and have no problems with bodily functions. If I do this and exercise... I WILL lose weight. It might be slower than a strict VLCD, but that is not a lifestyle and this can morph into one,

Well shall see how the next couple of days go, will help me make a decision. Got excited at the thought of being able to use my hairy dieters cookbook lol I think part of my problem is that I can be a bot of a rebel! Tell me I can't have something and I'll want it more, tell me not to do something and you're more likely to make me do it! A diet like this is so restrictive and I'm sure I end up wanting things mainly because I can't have them and then feel like I'm missing out or whatever. At least with calorie counting, slimming world, weight watchers etc. there's nothing off the menu, it's just about moderation and working it into your day.

As you can tell, big parts of my problem are all in my head. I desperately want a quick fix. I want to wake up tomorrow and be slim but that's not going to happen so I want it as soon as possible! Part of me is starting to realise that there is no quick fix for me, that for me actually how I get there is as almost as important as getting there.

Didn't manage quite as early a night as planned but was about half 10 when I dropped off last night. I think a night of just relaxing and then a earlyish night did me a world of good. I still feel a little tired but feel a million times better than I did last night! The problem this morning is that my bed is so warm and comfy I don't want to get up :p

Why not move on to WW and point your packs? Maybe VLCD with 5 a day Monday through Friday and WW on the weekend? Stay as low carb as possible: make better choices and use portion control (I'm back using the RC portion pots for DH).

Wearing a dress to school! Think the last time I wore a dress to school it was a summer dress and I was 10 lol Fancied wearing it just because I've had it ages and has never fit me, until now!

Song of the Day:

Zz Top Legs Lyrics

She's got legs, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
She's holdin' leg wonderin' how to feel them.
Would you get behind them if you could only find them?
She's my baby, she's my baby,
Yeah, it's alright.

She's got hair down to her fanny.
She's kinda jet set, try undo her panties.
Everytime she's dancin' she knows what to do.
Everybody wants to see if she can use it.
She's so fine, she's all mine,
Girl, you got it right.

She's got legs, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
She's got a dime all of the time,
Stays out at night movin' through time.
Oh, I want her, ****, I got to have her,
The girl is alright, she's alright.

Oooohh!! That's probably the most exciting thing about being on a diet... discovering all those wonderful things that didn't fit for ages, to find that they fit perfectly now!!
I go through my wardrobe every half-stone or so, to have a nose through, it's kind of ... therapeutic!

I hope you have a lovely day!

x

If you are interested in combining what packs you have left with food, here is Step 3 of CD. It is not a very low calorie diet but it is a low calorie diet of 1000 cals, you will still lose weight on this:

Breakfast: 1 pack and 150 cal breakfast such as 40g museli or porridge or fruit
Lunch: 1 pack and a salad
Dinner: 400 cal meal (protein,veg and 40g pasta/rice or 180g baked pot) and fruit
Half a pint of skimmed milk or a low fat yogurt and 4 pints of water per day.

How does this sound? Calories may vary slightly between a CD packs and DS, SML etc so need to check.

Last edited:
Hi Mel, nice to have you back! I've considered an epilator but don't think I'm brave enough!! How are you adjusting to being back?

That's one option with S and S and WW. Or a higher plan like your suggested Frances. Weighing up lots of options at the moment.

Had lots of lovely comments today. Not used to it but it's nice I suppose!

Here's the dress...

1366106573107.jpg

Looking good.

1366131108202.jpg
1366131128004.jpg

Slightly better pictures. It's nice to be able to wear something like a fairly fitted dress and not feel and look all lumpy and bumpy!

I had a phone call from a school in Manchester today about a job I applied for. They had a couple of questions and are apparently sending out reference requests to my head, they'll be shortlisting on Friday. I can't actually even remember what the job was for lol Sounds positive though, unless they're doing that for everyone. I told my head (she was deputy last term, acting head this term and is my mentor) that she'll be receiving a reference request soon and she pulled sad faces and made sad noises at me. From what she said, she wants me to stay in September but they just don't know what's happening yet. Guess will just have to wait and see really.

Done well food wise today, all healthy and low-ish calorie. Up to 609 calories with breakfast and lunch, probably hit around 1250 by the time I've had tea.

Well done, you're looking really well, I know what you mean about lumps and bumps, I have them at the minute and it's all I can think about when I wear something even remotely clingy! xxx

Back