New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Thanks hun :) Think this is the first time that I've worn something this fitting and not looked like I've had two stomachs!! lol

Thanks ladies. I've realised today just what Squeezy said yesterday. I have come SO far from where I was even a few months ago let alone a year or two ago. I'm quite literally a different person - I'm thinner, more confident and generally just happier in my life. I've got a great relationship that is mostly due to this site and dieting, I can't really fault life at the moment! That's what I need to focus on, not where I've still got to go but the distance that I've come. Looking back, I've done most of the journey, over half way now!

All that makes me much more confident and comfortable to say that I think I have decided to follow calorie counting. I'm going to give it a week or two and see how it goes, if it doesn't work I'll have to re-evaluate. I made a big pros and cons list for a vlcd and non vlcd and the non vlcd won. There are pros for carrying on with the VLCD but really they're just quick and easy losses but actually, they're not coming so easy! The pros for taking the 'long road' included things like it being easier too stick to, far less restrictive, it's (I think) healthier and it teaches me new habits and most importantly, it has more variety and so I don't get bored! The downside is that I won't be at goal by the time I go on holiday most probably but actually, I can be pretty close and that's ok with me now. A lovely lady on here (Diva!) posted this in her diary and it's kind of how I'm feeling now. I'm not giving up, I've realised that, because I'm not stopping, I'm just taking a slower route and actually it's the not stopping bit that matters.

66780006944573223ZMEcM5TDc.jpg

So, my food for the day.

Breakfast: S&S Chocolate Shake
Morning sack: Strawberries
Lunch: Dolmio Pasta Pot with extra added peppers and mushroom. Strawberry yoghurt
Dinner: Caroline's Amazing and Fantastic Chicken Creation (chicken breast topped with garlic and herb philly, home made bbq sauce, bacon and a little cheese) and swede chips (meant to have veg but forgot to put it on!)

Cals: 1188 Carbs: 124g Fat: 22g Protein: 126g

Lots of carbs but meh, that's ok! They were healthy ones, other than the pasta they were all natural, non starchy carbs.

Like, like, like, like, like.

Everything you just said made me smile from ear to ear. Im so glad you can see how amazing you are and how far you have come. So proud of you Caz.

Absolutely love the saying from diva too. :) :) :) :)

Dress looks great, Caz, I never wear dresses at school, mainly because we sit next to the pupils we support and as most og the are boys, I just feel more comfortable in trousers.

Food choices sound good, I really miss fruit too, it seems so strange not to eat it on VLCD, when on other diets it would be a good food choice.

Good news on the possible job in Manchester, will you be closer to Aaron?

You look fab in the dress. The losses are so noticeable.

Awww, you are doing so well Caz !! I hope you have success and stay happy and positive with calorie counting. As you know, it's all I have used on my get healthy ,get stronger and get fitter journey to drop the pounds and smash through the stones on the way. It is possible ......

Diva x

Your food sounds fab. Have you thought about alternate day VLCDing?

You do look slim in that dress. Very flattering.

Yup trisha, job in Manchester would be closer to Aaron. He lives in the outskirts so we'd find a place together. The school is about 15-20 minutes from where he is now but we wouldn't live there but probably be about that far away. I really miss fruit and that's what I struggle with too, like you said, it's such a good choice on any other diet so doesn't feel right to not be allowed it!

I did think about alternating Mel but decided it wasn't for me. I think I need to stick with one plan and follow it through, not change around each day, messes with my mind!

So tired! School hasn't been overly difficult but there's something just exhausting about it this week. It's probably the getting back into the routine that's doing it, still, over half way through the week! I found out today that my phonics training is next Friday, same day as the interview that I'm hoping to get in Manchester. Bit of a pain but wouldn't turn down an interview just for the training, can cope without it.

Food has been good today, bought some chocolate biscuit things from Aldi today. You know those animal biscuits with chocolate on the back? I used to have them as a kid, they're similar. 100 calories a bag, all portioned out, thought they'd make the nice treat occasionally. Lovely dinner in the oven, well hoping it will be lovely, so I'm definitely enjoying this eating plan now.

Gorgeous dinner tonight!

1366226716014.jpg

Hairy Dieter's Spanish Style Chicken. The recipe said it'd be 370 calories per portion but MFP says 456, still not bad. I was going to take it for lunch tomorrow too but think it's possibly a little high for lunch really. I've still got 2 portions left though so might do.

Breakfast: S&S Chocolate Shake with coffee
Mid morning: Apple
Lunch: Moroccan cous cous, lemon cheesecake yoghurt and an apple
Afternoon: Apple (you can see I liked them today! They were tiny ones though) and safari snacks (biscuits)
Dinner: Spanish style chicken

Cals: 1197

Last edited:
Food and pan sound very good.

Back