New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

**** is how my day has been! Started well but gone downhill very very quickly.

Sorry to read this. I thought yo got an interview and that's a good thing, no?

It wasn't a bad day food wise Frances, was good on that front. I did get an interview Mel, which was great. Monday morning up in Manchester, it's a different one to thie one requesting references so looking hopeful that I might be more successful that way this time.

Basically, when I moved here with my parents the housing association that they rent the house from said I had 6 months and then they'd charge me £73 a week in rent. My mum is retired and my sister is disabled, so they take those things into consideration when calculating the rent. Based on my wages, they expect me to pay £73 a week! Those 6 months ended a few days ago my parents told me last night which just sent me into a panic. I can't afford £73 for rent and the £80 it costs in petrol a week getting to and from school so I have no choice but to move. I can't really afford to rent alone and no-one wants to rent to me for just 3 months anyway as a sole renter. Incan't afford to pay £200+ in agency fees but there's hardly any private house shares online. Don't want to share anyway! I've accepted the fact that I've got no choice and I'm just going to have to share. I've managed to find a few private landlords who will rent me a place until August that I can go and look at.

Going to see my top choice today after school. It's only top choice because it's very cheap! Haven't really seen many photos, just one of the living room and outside of the house. It's £280 a month including bills which is really good, hence being top choice! If that's no good I'm seeing one at 5 on Tuesday that's £320 a month and then if that's no good another on Wednesday that's £350 a month that I'm pretty certain I'd take. So at least it'll get sorted, was a few points last night where it didn't look like it would!

Hi Caz,

I hope the first choice suits. Fingers crossed.

I have absolutely everything crossed that house Number 1 is just what you need. :) xx

She canceled the viewing. Her husband is ill today so she can't make it. Will view it next week. Won't be any closer to Aaron really, maybe a few miles.

She canceled the viewing. Her husband is ill today so she can't make it. Will view it next week. Won't be any closer to Aaron really, maybe a few miles.

:(. Until you get the job in Manchester! :)

:(. Until you get the job in Manchester! :)

If I do! Feel positive about it, I'm well prepared so will do my best. If I don't get it it'll be because there's a better suited candidate rather than because I'm rubbish! Drove past the school just now on the way to Aaron's. It is where I thought it was. Fingers crossed!

Hi Kate, how you doing?

Here you go, something to get you started: "How's it hingin'?", "clatty", "boggin", "cludgie", "dreich", "bampot", "bawheid", "baw bag" and "dubble nugget" :rotflmao:

..and my fave..."It's a braw, bricht ,moonlit nicht, the nicht, yer awricht, ye ken?" :)

(It's a lovely, bright, moonlit night, tonight, you're alright, you know!) ;)

Bah to housing association causing you all the upheaval and worry :(..but every cloud and all that?...I hope you find something suitable very soon hun, keep us posted on proceedings. Good luck, you deserve something wonderful to happen..and cheer you up..fingers tightly crossed! x

Thanks ladies.

It would be so nice to know that I don't have to worry about a job for September for the rest of the year and can just focus on school. It's a permanent job too, which is even better! Would be nice to stay somewhere for a few years and settle. There's quite a high number of children with English as an additional language so I'm hoping that my experience in Thailand will help. I've made a pretty and to the point PowerPoint presentation that shows my ICT skills as well as answering their question. Hopefully it'll go well!

Thanks ladies.

It would be so nice to know that I don't have to worry about a job for September for the rest of the year and can just focus on school. It's a permanent job too, which is even better! Would be nice to stay somewhere for a few years and settle. There's quite a high number of children with English as an additional language so I'm hoping that my experience in Thailand will help. I've made a pretty and to the point PowerPoint presentation that shows my ICT skills as well as answering their question. Hopefully it'll go well!

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks ladies! Been a bit of a nightmare finding something to wear! When I was packing on Thursday evening I realised I don't have a single pair of plain black trousers that fit me anymore, they're all too big! My interview suit is definitely too big. Had to try and buy something when I popped into Area yesterday but they had nothing! Everything was in stock in sizes 8-12 and 20-22 but no middle sizes. Managed to find one pair in the end, a funny 'body sculpt' pair that have 'suck me in pants' built into them! So had to pay a not more than I had planned for them but they were literally the only pair in there, apart from an extra short pair which, at 5ft 9, only went down to my mid calf! They had a massive sale on so I bought a few other bits - two sets of underwear (£6 and £7), two sets of pyjamas (£3 and £4) and a nice top (£5) so a more expensive trip than planned but worth it!

BBQ this afternoon for Aaron's grandparents birthday. Not going to worry about counting but will be sensible. We're going to go to the gym too, either today or tomorrow, depends what time the BBQ happens. Lovely weather today, hope you all get to enjoy it where you are too!

Morning Caz,

You don't want to get too many trousers, etc in this "in-between size" anyway. As long as you have something for the interview you're good.

Weekend plan sounds good. Just "Beck it" -- water, extra steps, smaller plates and portions, only a taste of dessert - you'll be fine!

How awesome Aaron's grandparents are having a birthday together! How old!

Back