New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Today I didn't have my alarm set until 7am so of course I woke up ridiculously early. First at 5.15am and then I've been up since just after 6. It's been quite nice to have the time to think, write a shopping list, browse on here, read and do a little exercise. Also unpacked my last bag so I'm all unpacked now, just the Wii to set up downstairs, which I'll probably do tonight.

Started the 30 Day Crunch challenge today, 20 crunches done. I'm going to print it out and stick it on the wooden beam that runs behind my computer so that I see it each day to remind me to do it. I went on the cross trainer too but only managed 5 minutes lol Note to self, must wear shoes next time otherwise it HURTS! Spiky foot rests lol I forgot how much I hate the cross trainer. That's in my room and the bike is in the jacuzzi/sauna room so I may use that next time. Couldn't use my HRM as the battery has run out so will try and get a new one today. Must add that to my list actually.

Lost 1lb this week and I'm ok with that after a weekend completely off plan as it was meals out, alcohol and hotel. Hopefully have a better loss next week but have got a night out on Friday and I'm at Aaron's all weekend, which isn't the easiest place food wise. I'm going to suggest that we cook for ourselves though and that his mum doesn't make us fry ups each morning! We're usually served them without being asked if we want them, if she's home anyway. She's just lovely though, wouldn't even think that we might not and will be making it to be nice. We just need to eat healthier.

Have a good day everyone :)

Last edited:
Whoop to a loss (a pound is a pound) and to having more time in the mornings! I hope you have a good day.

Morning Caz !!

Those little pounds will add up, if we keep going, eh ?? Are you still calorie counting ? I forgot to mention that I collect a lot of those little tables you find on line, with calorie counted foods on them, I carry some on my phone, but I did use MFP to 'work ' out foods too, as it's so handy !! ( just didn't do all the other stuff on there, as I am already here !!)

Diva x

Fabulous loss Caz. I love the bedroom, looks great. Very homely. Really like the purple bedding, I love purple in the bedroom.

Long staff meeting, trip to the supermarket and still home by 6 and eaten by 6.45, I could get used to this!!

I bought a rug online after my unsuccessful IKEA trip (I bought lots, just not a rug like I went for!) and it arrived today. I really like it, here it is:

225651_536378059766_56029607_n.jpg

I love purple too Squeezy, looks really nice in a bedroom I think and it's my favourite colour. I've eaten 999 calories so far today, considering I did 10 minutes on the cross trainer, 20 crunches and half an hour in the pool with the kids today I might treat myself to something like a pack of Aldi safari snacks (choc covered biscuits like those animal ones from when I (we?) was a kid!). Still would only take me to 1100 though so will have to fit a little more in. I might reinstate my Graze boxes, they were good for bumping up calories in a healthy way.

I remember the animal snacks. I blooming love em. They were actually on offer when i went shopping.

Loving the rug. Where did you go in the end?

I was thinking about reinstating my graze boxes. Great minds eh? ;)

Love the rug! Your new digs are really shaping up!

Spookily I just checked my emails and had one from Graze inviting me to their new breakfast club. I feel a sign up coming on! :D

Ooh what's their breakfast club? Must be fate!

Thanks Mel :) Still doesn't quite feel like home. Kind of feels like I'm in the way, in someone else's home. All the little bits will make it feel like it is my home a bit more I hope. That's the plan anyway and it's all stuff I can take with me and use when me and Aaron get a place. Need some blinds but seems landlord wants me to buy them if I want them!

Had a peak on the scales this morning, I know I know I shouldn't! I'm down 1.75lb from yesterday! We're out this weekend, dinner and drinks on Friday for Aaron's leaving do but hopefully should still be a loss next week by the looks of it as it'll be no worse than this weekend just gone.

It's so nice waking up that bit later living here. I'd have been in the car for an hour by now but here I am sat in the warm in my PJs!! Going to do crunches, little on the cross trainer probably and then get ready and head into school. Only half a day today, this afternoon is my planning time. Not sure whether to stay at school for it or come back 'home'. Home is better but possibly more distracting! lol

Porridge for breakfast today, not sure about lunch so I'll probably at least come home for that. Probably soup. Dinner is a dilemma atm. I want sausages and have them and swede that needs using but I also have come cooked up bacon and chicken gnocchi that needs eating. Wonder if gnocchi freezes ok?

Morning Caz!

Whoop! 1/2 day.

Gnocchi should freeze fine.

Bacon for lunch, sausages for dinner.
image-476121403.jpg

Really is easy, fry light to fry off bacon til crispy, take out, cook diced chicken in bacon pan, boil gnocchi for 5 mins and add to chicken with the bacon. Simples! I added cherry tomatoes and peppers this time too.

Had an apple for breakfast as I was running late and prawn stir fry for lunch as I realised I needed to use it up before I'm away this weekend. I did cook up all the veg and prawns but it was a massive portion so only ate half, which was a ridiculously low 153 calories! I'm really full so I think this will make a good lunch option for school too. So I've had 253 calories today and have over 1200 left =/ Not sure how I'll be using all those up!!

Really is easy, fry light to fry off bacon til crispy, take out, cook diced chicken in bacon pan, boil gnocchi for 5 mins and add to chicken with the bacon. Simples! I added cherry tomatoes and peppers this time too.

Had an apple for breakfast as I was running late and prawn stir fry for lunch as I realised I needed to use it up before I'm away this weekend. I did cook up all the veg and prawns but it was a massive portion so only ate half, which was a ridiculously low 153 calories! I'm really full so I think this will make a good lunch option for school too. So I've had 253 calories today and have over 1200 left =/ Not sure how I'll be using all those up!!

That sounds yummy - isn't it dry or do you mix something in with it? Stir fry sounds yummy too! I love stir fry but always ruin it with a sauce that I end up not liking! Think a dash of soy in future and I'll be sure to add ginger and garlic etc. for flavour instead!

It is fairly dry but there's juices from the chicken, bacon and tomatoes so not that dry really. Is nice I think.

Don't really do banking calories. I'm going to try and be fairly sensible this weekend anyway, it's only Friday night that we're out.

Got an achy back, not sure why. Getting used to a different bed maybe? Considering jumping in the jacuzzi for a bit, see if that helps.

1367507847211.jpg

I could get used to this!!

Back