New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Thanks ladies. It went well i think. He only stayed for 45 minutes and said before hand that he'd give feedback on Thursday. Can't see anything that went badly really. Saw a few of his notes and they were positive so fingers crossed!

Well done! I think 45 minutes actually a long observation.

He drove here all the way from Manchester though, that's 100 miles each way for 45 minutes. Even less would be ridiculous, even more ridiculous I mean! I didn't mind him being there that long, it meant he got to see it all which was good. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I do have a good feeling about this one, could all be wrong though.

He drove here all the way from Manchester though, that's 100 miles each way for 45 minutes. Even less would be ridiculous, even more ridiculous I mean! I didn't mind him being there that long, it meant he got to see it all which was good. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I do have a good feeling about this one, could all be wrong though.

It could be he had other business in the area or between Manchester and there.

Nope, he told me he was travelling straight here in the morning and then had to leave on time to get back to school for a meeting.

Nope, he told me he was travelling straight here in the morning and then had to leave on time to get back to school for a meeting.

Well that explains the timed departure. It bodes well that he came to see you in action. Fingers crossed.

That's what I thought, he wouldn't drive 1-- miles/3 hours here to watch me for 45 minutes to turn around and drive 100 miles/2 hours back if he wasn't really interested in me... right?! I think it went pretty well though, I noticed he wrote notes about good displays and classroom environment, books were marked well and differentiated. The kids behaved fantastically, the work went well, it was appropriate for them all, no one found it too hard or too easy. Adults were all used well. There was clear modeling and I checked they all understood before sending them off by getting them to do a differentiated sum on a whiteboard but the me talking/teaching time was pretty short but don't think it needed to be any longer. Not sure there was really anything I could have done any better to be honest and I'm usually very critical of myself! So fingers crossed, I've certainly not done anything to screw it up! It wasn't an all singing, all dancing lesson but it was a good, solid lesson where the children learnt, made progress and were all getting on with what they should have been. I also decided to print him off my whole weeks planning, I wasn't really sure why, I just thought that I'd planned a pretty good week and wanted him to see what my planning and lessons are like outside of just the one that he's seeing. He was thankful for it and said that it was really good as it lets him see where the lesson is going and how it fits into other things and that another candidate had just given him that lesson plan and it doesn't allow him to have the bigger picture. So we'll see, hopefully it all has gone well for me.

1.25lb loss this week, I'm pleased with that as it's not been a perfect week although it hasn't been that bad either. 1cm off my waist, 1in/2.5cm off my hips and 0.5cm off my arms so not bad measurements either really, it's my hip that needs to shrink the most! I find that trousers fit around my hips and then are baggy around my waist so I'm hoping my hips will catch up a bit!

Last edited:
It all sounds very promising.

I found a website that used to sell these kid of beanbags for kids. Perfect for your purpose. I wonder if they still make them.

image-1358052076.jpg

Hudson Industries still makes them. However, they seem to be described as "toddler sized". But Year Two kids aren't that big.

I'll take a look. Was the strawberry hard to make?

Thanks Nef :)

I'll take a look. Was the strawberry hard to make?

Thanks Nef :)

Not at all -- it was super easy. I think everyone of those would be pretty easy to make.

Hmm could you give me the link to the instructions that you used? It could be a project for my summer holidays. That's IF I get a job for September anyway!

Not been the best of days today. Started off well with a good maths lesson but then they were an absolute pain in the backside for swimming. One of the few times I've actually shouted at them and told them I was angry AND disappointed. Then my TA found out she had money missing from her purse so I was put in the awkward position of searching children's bags and trays and speaking to the two students about it too. Not a nice situation and she was really upset about it understandably really. So looking forward to seeing Aaron later and having a hug!

Ah bless. Did you find the money? Dreadful to have to do that.

What I did was "enlarge" a Strawberry Pattern. I think you could do the same. I've read up a bit -- and rather thn fill them with bean bag filling (styrofoam beads) of Poly-fil like I did -- it is recommend that you use Shredded Foam - as it holds up better. If I was making them for my class -- I'd use durable fabric -- and leave an opening that Velcro closes and I'd inner bag the foam -- so, I could periodically launder the fruit. So, wash and dry the fabric before making.

This was on Etsy.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/61860998/felt-patterns-whole-fruits-set-apple

Felt Patterns - Whole Fruits Set - Apple Orange Pear Persimmon Peach Strawberry (Patterns and Instructions via Email)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BUY 3 GET 1 FREE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Simply purchase 4 or more patterns in ONE single order, and the pattern with the highest price will be refunded as your free pattern. Buy 6 patterns & get 2 more patterns FREE...
(Promo NOT applicable for SALE items such as Bundle and LOT).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the pattern and detailed step-by-step colored instructions for making your own set of felt whole fruits including:

- Apple
- Orange
- Pear
- Persimmon
- Peach
- Strawberry

The all time favorite felt pretend play food for kids!!

Emailed files are in A4 size and PDF format.

Level = Beginner

For more detailed, please convo or email me at jeanette.lin [!at] gmail.com.

Kindly refer to my shop announcement for Special Offers, Discounts & Free Patterns!

Have any questions? Contact the shop owner.

Downloads
You'll be able to download the files as soon as your payment has been confirmed.
3 PDF included
Payment methods

Paypal
Have a question?

Contact the shop owner
View shop policies
Frequently Bought Together

Felt Patterns - Whole Fruits Set - Apple Orange Pear Persimmon Peach Strawberry (Patterns and Instructions via Email)
$5.00 USD

Felt Patterns - Fruit Slices - Apple Orange Banana Watermelon (Patterns and Instructions via Email)
$5.00 USD
$10.00 USD for both

Show item details
Report this item to Etsy
£3.32 GBP

Favourite
Shop
umecrafts
Felt Food Patterns Felt Toys Felt Cakes & Animals PDF

items
Add shop to favourites
See who favourites this shop
Shop owner

Jeanette Lin
Singapore
Favourites
Followers
Contact
Item
Add item to favourites
See who favourites this item
Add item to treasury
TweetPin It
75 admirers
1 Treasury list
£3.32 GBP

Favourite
© 2013 Etsy, Inc. BlogAboutContactPressDevelopersCareersTermsPrivacyCopyright
English (UK) / £ British Pound / United Kingdom
Hi! We'd like to set these regional settings for you:
English (UK), £ British Pound GBP, United Kingdom

Definitely want some for my classroom next year!

No we didn't find the money. She knows it was there yesterday morning and gone by today at lunch time so probably went yesterday. Thing is there was a lot more than £40 in there. I think a child would take it all or nothing, not just some. Seems to me that someone decided to take some thinking it might not be noticed, that's quite an older way of thinking in my mind.

No we didn't find the money. She knows it was there yesterday morning and gone by today at lunch time so probably went yesterday. Thing is there was a lot more than £40 in there. I think a child would take it all or nothing, not just some. Seems to me that someone decided to take some thinking it might not be noticed, that's quite an older way of thinking in my mind.

I agree -- it's unlikely a Year 2 child would steal that much.

Yep, totally agree Caz. Definitely an older way of thinking.

Sorry your day was rubbish.

It's better now, I have Aaron and a reese's peanut butter cup :)

Back