New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Oh I know, it's awful. I have known occasions where the internal candidate hasn't got it but they've been few and far between, normally it's a done deal. I'd rather they be honest in that situation and not bother interviewing me really.

I've been offered a job! It's at the school I went to a couple of weeks ago where I came second. He called this morning and said that he has another position. He's going to email me and send me a letter confirming that I've been offered a position and so I can hand in my notice before the deadline. I don't need to hand in notice anyway because I'm on a fixed term contract. But yeah, I have a job, woo!

I'm still going to my two interviews today as I haven't had it in writing yet and don't want to pull out until I do. I've just done my lesson which went well and am at the second school for the interview now. Bit early so waiting in the car. Would be nice to be offered these jobs too so that I feel extra wanted! Could start that bidding war Mel was talking about :D

I got the call before I left my school this morning, I popped in to grab a few bits and it's a good thing I did because it was class photos which I'd completely forgotten about so they did my class first so I could be in the photo. Can't not have a photo with my very first class! So I told my head and deputy and they were really happy for me. The head knew how much I wanted that school and how disappointed I'd been and she really liked him too. They suggested I do these interviews too and only withdraw once I have it in writing even if it means not going back for the interview this afternoon.

But yay, I have a permanent job AND I get to move to Manchester and live with Aaron!!

Whoop! Soooo happy for you both!

Sorry to hear that the job situation isn't cooperating at the moment lovely Caz. I know exactly how you feel as i have been in the same situation as you are. I wasnt getting as many interviews as you are so you are clearly doing something right!! Its bad that they have to advertise for jobs that aren't technically available as they have someone in the post already. It makes me very angry as it is SO unnecessary!

YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING and something good too!! I know it! You are fab!! Dont give up hope. our dream job is around the corner even if you havent dreamed it just yet!

Hugs xxx

SHE DID!

Brilliant! Sounds a bit like it wasn't an internal appt afterall but it worked out as you preferred this school over yesterday's. All's well that end's well!

Congratulations lovely lady :) Perhaps you will get offered one or both of the other jobs today..and you will have a choice! :)

I remember you saying that the head teacher spoke of another possible position and if it came up..it was yours!!!...so happy it did..and it is!!! hooray :) x

I bet Aaron is chuffed to bits too!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks ladies, really pleased! Need to find a way to celebrate!

I've currently had 5 missed calls from a private number, which I'm assuming is one of the schools trying to get back to me. I'm in a slightly awkward position at the moment and don't want to answer in case they offer me a role as I want this one in writing before I turn anything else down. I spoke to him at just after 9 this morning and he said he'd email me about it but that he was in a meeting so it would be later today. Nothing so far and I know the two schools will get back to me shortly so I tried to call but they have a staff meeting until around 4 so I'll try and give him a call back then. I just want it in writing, then I can speak to other schools and am prepared and covered just in case they offer me a job as well.

Fantanstic news about the job, whereabouts in Manchester will you be. You'll be in my neck of the woods I don't live far from Manchester

We're looking at places is Ashton-under-Lyne, Stockport, Dukinfield etc.

How exciting!

No, no email which is a little concerning. I'll give him until tomorrow break time before I call again. I don't want to bombard him and hassle him but at the same time he did say he'd email me, he hasn't and tomorrow is the end of this half term. I want it in writing. I'd also like details of what class I'd be teaching!

Don't worry, I'm sure it will be there in the morning, especially with half-term coming up, he'll want to get it sorted too.

Yeah hopefully. I emailed him yesterday and left a message with the office saying that I was waiting on calls from two schools so could do with it in writing before they called. As it happened I didn't get either one so it wasn't a problem. I just want it in writing before we break up really. I can always give him a call if I haven't had anything by lunch time though I'm reluctant to push him, don't want to be a pain!

Happy Half-Term!

Yeah hopefully. I emailed him yesterday and left a message with the office saying that I was waiting on calls from two schools so could do with it in writing before they called. As it happened I didn't get either one so it wasn't a problem. I just want it in writing before we break up really. I can always give him a call if I haven't had anything by lunch time though I'm reluctant to push him, don't want to be a pain!

On tenterhooks... But remember he came back to you!

You're not being pushy, it's perfectly reasonable to want a job offer in writing when he has said he will email you. I'm sure you will hear from him today, he won't let it go over half term. Stay cool.

I got an email this morning with the letter confirming a Year 1 teaching position. Yay!

I got an email this morning with the letter confirming a Year 1 teaching position. Yay!

Whoop! I'll bet you're over the moon!

I know! Want to go celebrate but I'm too poor until pay day :(

Back