New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

The wedding we are going to in a couple of weeks is going to be different as well. For a start she has knitted all the flowers - bridesmaids bouquets as well as her own (apperently she saw it in a brides magazine a deceided that was what she wanted so she kintted a bridesmaids posy to see what it would look like, and as far as I know that is what she has gone with. ) Then we aren't having a wedding breakfast as such, after the ceremony we go into the church hall for cake and wine) then move onto where the reception will be, where we are having a barbecue later in the day (bring your own wine) whether it is a hog roast affair or not I don't know, I'm only going off what her mother has told us in snippets, so we are unsure what to expect, I've let them know DD and I are vegetarians so don't know what we'll get to eat at a barbecue, think we need to make sure we have a good breakfast,

Morning Caz!

The wedding we are going to in a couple of weeks is going to be different as well. For a start she has knitted all the flowers - bridesmaids bouquets as well as her own (apperently she saw it in a brides magazine a deceided that was what she wanted so she kintted a bridesmaids posy to see what it would look like, and as far as I know that is what she has gone with. ) Then we aren't having a wedding breakfast as such, after the ceremony we go into the church hall for cake and wine) then move onto where the reception will be, where we are having a barbecue later in the day (bring your own wine) whether it is a hog roast affair or not I don't know, I'm only going off what her mother has told us in snippets, so we are unsure what to expect, I've let them know DD and I are vegetarians so don't know what we'll get to eat at a barbecue, think we need to make sure we have a good breakfast,

Really? Knitted flowers! I think you should give her a crown of flowers for Christmas to be worn as a ski hat!

Morning all.

Hmm that wedding sounds... Interesting! I think I'm just a traditional girl really who would like a traditional wedding. Little quirky things yeah but the usual dress, flowers etc. It's amazing how anyone gets married these days with that it costs though.

Did a trip to Ikea yesterday for a fee bits. We saw these wooden fold away chairs online that were in the sale and wanted to get 4 as extra chairs for the dining table as they matched the wood colour but when we asked about them we were told they'd sold out within 2 minutes and people had fought over them! Crazy, they're just garden chairs. So we found some others, they don't match but really doesn't matter and bought a coffee table and these his and her mugs :) Got everything we need now really but do need a new desk once we move in. Need towels too actually, I only have a couple.

Last edited:
Oops here's our bargain mugs

1370774192225.jpg

I like the mugs Caz, I've just given some towels I bought for putting out for viewers when we were selling the house, to DD and her BF, as they only have a couple of towels each.

Sounds like you're getting things organised for when you move in together in your new flat.

Yeah trying to be organised, would like things as ready as possible for when we move in so that we can get unpacked, set up and settled as quickly as possible. It'll be my summer holidays though so at least I'll have time to do things that are needed. We won't bother buying anything else now other than possibly towels if we see a good deal as we're better off waiting and seeing what we need and have room for and then going. I'm hoping to find things like a desk, bookcase etc. second hand to save us some money.

Need to have a big sort out and try and downsize things as much as possible before moving, I've got far too much stuff. I've just had a sort out of my clothes, PJs and underwear here, pulled out everything that's too big and got tatty and sorted into piles for either bin or to sell. Stuck the stuff that is decent still on a facebook group so hopefully get rid of that through there. Going to my parents next weekend to see my Dad as it's Father's Day and so will have a massive sort out there too and hopefully do a boot sale on the Sunday if the weather is nice. Not only will it help me get rid of things but it'll hopefully make a little extra money too.

Yeah trying to be organised, would like things as ready as possible for when we move in so that we can get unpacked, set up and settled as quickly as possible. It'll be my summer holidays though so at least I'll have time to do things that are needed. We won't bother buying anything else now other than possibly towels if we see a good deal as we're better off waiting and seeing what we need and have room for and then going. I'm hoping to find things like a desk, bookcase etc. second hand to save us some money.

Need to have a big sort out and try and downsize things as much as possible before moving, I've got far too much stuff. I've just had a sort out of my clothes, PJs and underwear here, pulled out everything that's too big and got tatty and sorted into piles for either bin or to sell. Stuck the stuff that is decent still on a facebook group so hopefully get rid of that through there. Going to my parents next weekend to see my Dad as it's Father's Day and so will have a massive sort out there too and hopefully do a boot sale on the Sunday if the weather is nice. Not only will it help me get rid of things but it'll hopefully make a little extra money too.

You are so organized. I'm impressed your not waiting until the last minute.

Oh I can't, if it's something I'm excited about I get super organised! Making a list of things as I think of them that I need to do before or after moving, people to give new address to etc.

Hi Caz hope you've had a good day, 26 "get ups" for me :) you can't be that far behind.

I really need to start decluttering ready for our downsize, but I don't want to jinx it.

32 get ups for me. The last day is an INSET day though, hoping to be able to use most of that to empty out and tidy up my classroom. Already starting on that a bit, getting rid of the things I can, packing up some of the things that I know I won't need again this term.

How's all the house things going? Any news yet?

Yes you are super organised!! Worth the effort now though, then you can get settled in that bit quicker when you move :)

Morning Caz! I hope you have a good day.

How's all the house things going? Any news yet?

Not yet, our buyers are now on holiday for 2 weeks, but said they would keep in contact with agents, the survey on their house was done on Friday, so all being well things should get moving, but looks like it will be July, which will be good, hopefully it will be when I'm on holiday, which will give me plenty of time to get things straight.

Hi Caz,

How are you? I hope all is well.

hello, how are you these days? Busy I expect. Hope things are going well with the calorie counting and you are feeling on top on things. How many get-ups to your summer hols and your move now?

Oops sorry, didn't realise it had been so long since I'd last been on here! Things have been busy what with moving plans, SATs at school and end of year assessments and I just haven't made it on in a while. I'm ok, got a chest infection at the moment and just shattered but doing alright. Aaron and I have made the decision to join a SW meeting once we move, which is in just a month now, so that'll hopefully help us get on a much better track than we're on now but we're doing what we can, plodding along lol Trying to make good decisions, eating less, eating healthier etc. I'll catch up with diaries this evening, hope you're all ok!

Back