New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

Well done on your choices and so glad you are in the zone. It might even convince Aaron to join you at SW!

When did they start allowing food into the theatre? Unlike the cinema, it was always a big no-no, considered rude to be chomping away during a live performance. Maybe it's different still for plays as a opposed to musicals.

They sold food in the theatre, little bags of sweets etc but in non rustle bags. Strawberries are quiet to eat anyway!

I don't think Aaron will do SW with me, well not straight away. He's got S&S packs left over so may as well use them up, that's his thinking anyway, don't think he'd do it if he had to buy them. That'll take him up to around holiday and then he'll join me on SW after.

Afternoon Caz!

I think you'll be on the same page soon. Great food choices and fantastic building your resistance muscle. You might lose more than a stone -- there are people ping as well on SW as they would on a VLCD.

Afternoon Caz, food choices sound good, I'm sure Aaron will join you on SW once he has used all his packs, it will be so much easier for you both.

Thanks ladies.

I made this for lunch today...

1372597196571.jpg

Meatball Jambalaya - brown rice, reduced fat sausages made into meatballs, green beans, red peppers, red onion and courgette with chilli flakes and morrocan spices. Was absolutely lovely, I was meant to use ras el hanout spices but I haven't been able to find them in any supermarkets that I've been to which is a shame. We had yoghurts after, I had a vanilla with added cinnamon powder and Aaron had banana and custard flavour with added cinnamon and raisins. As we were sat there eating our yoghurts Aaron said he wasn't so sure about S&S anymore, that he could just imagine him standing there heating up his powdered cottage pie while I make meals like that and that it would make it really difficult. As he said, it's not that hard to turn down a reheated ready meal or something (his mum works long hours so it's not always home cooked meals) but that tasty, fresh and healthy meals would be a lot harder so he's going to have a think about what it is that he wants to do. If I'm honest, I'm hoping he'll decide to sell his S&S packs and do SW with me instead!

You did indeed! He was adamant that he was going to do S&S though so really thought he would. He's said he's going to give S&S a try and he's got packs and wants to look as good as he can for holiday but that if he struggles he'll join me on SW.

I don't know if anyone uses Instagram but I've decided to start a photo food diary on there. It's probably only going to be of interest to SW people but thought I'd give you the link anyway, just in case anyone wants a nosey - SWLoser's SW Food Photo Diary

You did indeed! He was adamant that he was going to do S&S though so really thought he would. He's said he's going to give S&S a try and he's got packs and wants to look as good as he can for holiday but that if he struggles he'll join me on SW.

I don't know if anyone uses Instagram but I've decided to start a photo food diary on there. It's probably only going to be of interest to SW people but thought I'd give you the link anyway, just in case anyone wants a nosey - SWLoser's SW Food Photo Diary

I'm there! :p Nosey/interested and love the idea of a photo food diary. Absolutely amazing, the food you can have on SW. Is the bread/toast syn-free as well or just the fry-up? I presume you are using the spray oil? Oh and how do you make the SW chips? Parboil and roast with spray oil? Do you actually shake them up in a bag? Want to make some for DH.

Yeah, just 2 syns! Made it for lunch today, made extra for lunch tomorrow. I need ras el hanout spices to really make it nice though but can't find them anywhere so far!

I'm there! :p Nosey/interested and love the idea of a photo food diary. Absolutely amazing, the food you can have on SW. Is the bread/toast syn-free as well or just the fry-up? I presume you are using the spray oil? Oh and how do you make the SW chips? Parboil and roast with spray oil? Do you actually shake them up in a bag? Want to make some for DH.

Oops didn't see this, must have cross posted. I said about healthy extras but then deleted and reposted with tags and forgot to say about them! The bread was my hex b, 2 slices of the small 400g loaf. I use the spray oil yeah and I use it sparingly, if it doesn't need it I won't use it.

As for the SW chips, I just chip them up leaving the skin on, parboil for 5 mins as I find they cook better then and then roast with a few sprays of the spray oil. I don't bother shaking them in a bag as it's easier this way and works fine. I used to when I used 'proper' oil but as it's a spray it covers all pretty well and evenly without. They're really tasty, I do the same with sweet potato too.

Really looking forward to weigh in on Wednesday! Actually wishing the days away lol

Well it's about bloody time! My scales are looking good but I don't know what my weight was on them seeing as I didn't weigh before going to the meeting. So will just have to wait and see, meant to send my scales up with Aaron this weekend actually so I couldn't peek but I forgot! D'oh!

So very tired today, woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all and with a funny head, just cloudy and foggy, not clear and ready for work!

My scales are actually looking very good! I want 5lb this week, I'm not sure why but that's the number I have in my head as my goal for this week and if what my scales say is accurate I'm definitely going to get 5lb! :D

Had breakfast, something I'm not very good at really. Cooked up scrambled egg (egg, water and seasoning) in the microwave and chucked two small loaf slices in the toaster while I washed lunch boxes and 2 and half mins later was ready.. nice and easy! Had a banana with it for my superfree, got an apple out too but I'm stuffed! It's shown me how breakfasts really can be quick and easy and that they don't have to be a faff. No reason why I can't do that each morning, maybe beans sometimes too though I think I'll need to find some more breakfast ideas or I'll end up getting bored quickly!

So very tired today, woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all and with a funny head, just cloudy and foggy, not clear and ready for work!

My scales are actually looking very good! I want 5lb this week, I'm not sure why but that's the number I have in my head as my goal for this week and if what my scales say is accurate I'm definitely going to get 5lb! :D

Had breakfast, something I'm not very good at really. Cooked up scrambled egg (egg, water and seasoning) in the microwave and chucked two small loaf slices in the toaster while I washed lunch boxes and 2 and half mins later was ready.. nice and easy! Had a banana with it for my superfree, got an apple out too but I'm stuffed! It's shown me how breakfasts really can be quick and easy and that they don't have to be a faff. No reason why I can't do that each morning, maybe beans sometimes too though I think I'll need to find some more breakfast ideas or I'll end up getting bored quickly!

You're doing fab. So in the zone. I guess I'm going to have join instagram and follow you. ;)

Hi!! Yeah I've been reading but not posting. To be honest I'm finding the reading helpful because I need to get back on it myself so it's inspiring to read diaries. When you say you had total 11 syns over the weekend, that doesn't sound bad actually because like you said you should be eating them because you want to not because you have to. Your meal looked absolutely lush and reminded me that it's easy to eat healthy yummy meals on SW. I need to get back onto it!!

Yes Mel you should!

Hi Aymz, it would be good to see you back here and catch up with how you're doing. I'm not going to eat syns if I don't want them but if I do I will have them.

Ridiculously tired today, had an awful nights sleep last night and just hope I sleep better tonight. Bought these chocolate fudge cereal bars today to have occasionally, just fancied them and they're fairly low syn and tasty! Been good food wise today.

B: scrambled egg, 2 slices small toast (hex b) and a banana
Snack: apple
L: left over jambalaya (2 syns)
Snack: cereal bar (3 syns) and two mini babybels (hex a)
D: spaghetti bolognese

Total syns for the day: 5

Nice looking Penne Bol there! Must admit I'd be tempted to add a bit of Parmesan cheese! You are doing so well.

Can you give me the name of a courier? The £5 one? Saw it discussed on the clothes site but can't find the post now.

Last edited:
Nice looking Penne Bol there! Must admit I'd be tempted to add a bit of Parmesan cheese! You are doing so well.

Can you give me the name of a courier? The £5 one? Saw it discussed on the clothes site but can't find the post now.

I haven't had a bolognese in an age! Mmm Parmesan!

The more I read, Caz, the more I'm sure I'm going to join SW. I really need that accountability and support to keep me on track! I like the look of the sample menu. Might give that a whirl for a week and see how I get on X

Last edited:
Back