New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I move up one load tomorrow and we'll be staying at the apartment this weekend, the last lot and 'proper' move in will then be Thursday.

Very exciting! What a thoughtful teacher you are. The books and treats are fab.

Morning Caz! Happy moving day!

Thanks Mel :)

Gave the children their presents today, told them to open them at home though. Had a few for me which I opened, got some nice little bits, including a rose plant that's now on my kitchen window.

Moving stuff went well, done some unpacking and added some personal touches.

1374266259740.jpg1374266284657.jpg1374266357396.jpg1374266370715.jpg1374266399043.jpg

Now just chilling on the sofa waiting for tea and watching tv :)

It's really looking homely. The plant is lovely.

It's all looking great Caz, must be so exciting for you both! :)

Presents were a lovely touch, the children will love them :) A gold star for teacher, you are fab!

Enjoy more unpacking and settling in :)

Happy New Home!

Thanks ladies! It was nice waking up here this morning and just being in our own place. It's things like being able to walk around in my nighty and stuff, just having our own space. It's starting to look more like our own place, coffee table is up, little touches are out, unpacked all our plates and stuff.

Had a fairly productive day today really. Up and out early this morning to get to the delivery office to collect a parcel, then over to pick up a desk chair I bought on ebay (not very happy with it though!), shopping in Sainsburys, got a load of stuff from Aaron's and done some unpacking. Still lots left to do, unpacking part at mine... Who's coming?!

Hiya Caz !!! Can't believe you are in your new home now !!! Yay !!!

Enjoyed my two weeks away, but not the regain, lol !! Your holiday must be coming round soon ? I've just got back and I'm already looking forward to Mexico in 3 months !! :D

Diva x

Back to the Midlands :( Last night was RUBBISH! Laid there in bed thinking about how our apartment is just empty and we should be there, we shouldn't both be in different houses alone. Only two more days though and I'll be up there, going Wednesday afternoon rather than Thursday morning just because. Aaron's staying at his parents until then as he's not the best cook and I asked him to, I'm not bothered about either of us staying there alone really but I just want the day I move in to feel special and if he's been there an extra 3 days it won't so much.

I managed to get pretty much everything unpacked, all that was left were two boxes that needed to wait until I've got the bookcase and we've put that up so they'll be unpacked Thursday and Friday. Everything else got done though, yay! Not really a massive amount of stuff left here, just the essentials and a few bits and pieces so moving it and unpacking it shouldn't take too long. I want everything unpacked and it to feel more homely ASAP, boxes don't equal homely! Aaron's still got a lot of his stuff to move over but think he's going to do a bit each evening so hopefully it'll save me trips up and down the stairs :D

Quite busy these next two evenings with a staff meal, seeing a friend and meeting my sister but will try and catch up with diaries soon, hope you're all ok.

Those 2 days will pass quickly. I know what you mean about boxes not equalling homely - we are surrounded by boxes in our temporary home, it doesn't seem worth unpacking them as hopefully we'll be in our own home in a few weeks.

Enjoy your last few days in the midlands,

I don't blame you trisha, I wouldn't unpack everything either.

Another day at school over, just one last day with the children tomorrow. Lots more lovely presents today, I've been truly spoilt. I made it through with no tears until I was given this card by a parent after school..

1374505620678.jpg

Awwwww I told you you'd be an awesome teacher!

No need to apologise Amy, can understand that completely. Hope you're ok?

I haven't felt like an awesome teacher lots of times this year but that note has shown me that I've done better than I thought really, very happy with it, very moving!

Back