New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I loved Thailand but the language barrier was ridiculously frustrating at times. Where we lived the only English people were us English teachers, so maybe 10-12 of us. Everyone else was Thai and most spoke no English. It did mean I picked up Thai quickly but it's a complicated language. We used to have to get a taxi back to the minibus every time we went to Bangkok and as it was not a tourist area we got it from it was always me who had to say the complicated name as they understood me better but sometimes still took 10 or so attempts before they went ahh phin klao in exactly the same way I'd said it 10 times over lol

Where in Australia were you Diva?

See I'd happily live there too, Melbourne would be on the list too.

Just checked in for our flight online, yay!

Morning Caz (hi Diva)!

My DH has family in Perth and Melbourne -- both families are very happy. My friend (from here) who immigrated to Australia is very happy, too. Best place to raise kids she says (she s in the Sydney area).

Have a lovely holiday --

Thanks ladies, I can now officially say I'm going on holiday TOMORROW!! :D Can't wait, not looking forward to the fact that it's basically straight back to work after as I'll be setting up my classroom and then start school again on Monday. I've got very mixed feelings about it, on one hand I can't wait because it gives me something to do, keeps me busy and I enjoy it but on the other hand I'm terrified that I'm out of my depth! Hopefully it'll all be ok, we'll soon find out I guess!

Today's plan - chill for a bit then pop to the bank to cash in all my loose change that I've been saving for holiday (about £45 worth), pop to get my nails done, head into the bigger town for last few bits that we need and that's about it really. Aaron's off all day tomorrow so I may save the going into the bigger town for then, either send him or drag him with me! A very lovely person gave us a high street voucher as a moving in present so I may suggest we take that and buy bits, you can spend it in WHSmiths so maybe get a few books to take with us.

Nail plans are off! Finances are tighter than I realised so I've bought a nice emery board and I'm going to do them myself :)

Nail plans are off! Finances are tighter than I realised so I've bought a nice emery board and I'm going to do them myself :)

Very cool. I think I'll do "holiday" nails for DD.

I've just cut, shaped and buffed them, nothing exciting...

1376997271971.jpg

I may paint them but if I do I'll do it tomorrow. Varnish doesn't last long on me at all, a day max before it cracks and peels but it lasts weeks on my toes. It's strange!

You're got lovely nails anyway. I find two layers of top coat helps a lot.
Can you not use your voucher in Boots? Just if finances are tight you could buy your insect repellent (and maybe some top coat!) with it instead?
What time is take-off?

Yep Boots is a place to spend them too, you had a similar thought to me. Book from Smiths for Aaron, bug spray from Boots and also maybe a nice top coat type thing for me, saves the hassle of repainting colours. My nails were a lot longer but I'd had a couple of breakages. I didn't actually want false nails, I just wanted a french manicure type thing and was surprised that was still going to cost £24 as it's this gel varnish apparently. I think I'd rather have my nails like this and save £24 really!

Know the stuff they are talking about. Shellac or something. They put it under a lamp and it is almost as strong as having acrylic nails. The nail varnish certainly stays put, but it's expensive. Thought they only did it in colours, didn't know they did it in clear too, for a French. I prefer plain French on me, don't like looking down to see colours, find it really distracting!

Yeah that's the stuff! Apparently they can because I said that when they suggested it, don't want a colour. I do like colours but I don't like if I'm wearing a colour and it doesn't match what I'm wearing and as I've packed lots of different colours for holiday, that clas would have been likely! I prefer french style I think, just nice and simple.

Thanks Trisha. Just spoke to Aaron, he went for a job interview last Monday and just found out that he got it, yay! It's one band higher on the pay scale than the job he's in now but it's perfect because it's in the IT department so is fantastic experience as he's doing an IT and Computing degree at the moment and wants to get a good IT job in the NHS. So Aaron's new job, holiday tomorrow, things are good right now! :)

Haha maybe I should... funnily enough Aaron said the same thing earlier, maybe it's a sign!

Agreed. So glad things are going well.

Morning ladies! It's here, holiday day! In 12 hours I'll be on the plane, high in the sky. Aaron's still fast asleep, no surprises there lol Today we're going to give the flat a good tidy and clean (nice to come back to spick and span place) and head to the shops for a few bits. Then time to prettify my toe nails before Aaron's dad collects us for the airport. Eee can't wait!

So excited -- take lots of photos! Safe travels. Happy birthday, Aaron.

Back