New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

My family is exactly the same Caz, and I live right near them. I love making a huge fuss for birthdays, but it's usually me doing all the work and the favour is never returned. I spend ages picking the perfect pressie, I like spending money on people too. I always make cakes and sweet treats, and go out of my way to arrange lovely meals out etc. I'm then I'm lucky if I get a card for my birthday. My brothers are terrible and it's beginning to upset me actually. Must have been something in the air last night because I had this same discussion with Craig. If an effort isn't made for my 30th in Jan I will be pulling back from them all, I feel like a complete mug sometimes. I completely get how you feel.

You've got us though chicken, and Aaron. We'll spoil you. :) :) :)

PM me your address and I'll get a card posted. Your Minimates won't forget you. :D

Thing is, I know that my family don't mean anything nasty by it, they just don't think. I have to admit it isn't like I remember to post cards for all of my nieces or nephews birthdays though, there are 9 of them! But I do always make an effort, particularly at Christmas. I've been buying EVERYONE (Parents, 6 sisters, 3 brother in laws and 9 nieces and nephews) presents out of my own money since I was about 10, every year without fail. Even when I was in Thailand they got them! 30th is a big birthday SQ, they'd better make an effort! Will you have a party or do anything special?

PM me your address and I'll get a card posted. Your Minimates won't forget you. :D

You don't have to do that Mel but I will PM you my address and IF you want to you can but you don't have to! Very kind thought though.

I'm waving -- we're passing Manchester!

I can't see you, wave harder!

It's too far to walk but I can always use Aaron's car in an emergency. Pretty sure my car is the exhaust though, sounds like a little hole that can probably be welded and will be ok to drive around on until it gets done.

Fingers crossed its a cheap fix.

Welding will only cost £20-25, nothing too expensive.

Back to school tomorrow :( Can't believe how quickly the past 5 weeks have gone! Went to Aaron's parents for dinner this evening and then have been back just doing some last minute cutting out of bits for tomorrow while Aaron does some uni work. I'm getting in for 8 tomorrow morning, not sure how I'll cope with being up at 7! I've been up buy around 8 most days over the holidays but I've had slow starts and stuff, not up at out by 7.30! Not sure what time I'll be back so I've got everything ready for spaghetti bolognese and will stick that in the slow cooker in the morning.

How do you do spag bol in a slow cooker? Do you brown the meat beforehand, or just put all the ingredients straight in the pot?

I brown it first.

Well if I had time I'd brown it, gets rid of some of the fat but I think I'll just put it in as I didn't think to brown it tonight and need to get to bed. It's already too late, oops!

Afternoon!

Hi Mel :) Morning all. First day at school yesterday went well. All the staff seem to be lovely so I think I'll really like it there. Room is coming along now, I was in training all day but my TA did a fan job of getting all my display boards covered. Today they've scrapped all the training so that we've got a day in the classroom which is great, really helpful. All staff in the school are put into a team that leads a subject and I've been given RE, by myself while all other teams have 2-4 people in.. I'm taking that as a sign that they believe in me and NOT that no one else wanted to do it! There's nothing for RE in the school at all, no policy, guidance, nothing so it's a bit of a free for all. I quite like that I've got a blank canvas like this and have already got quite a lot done once I got home last night. Looking forward to getting to school and making my classroom look nice so I'd better get on, have a good day everyine!

Morning Caz! Fab attitude about working on your own (which I prefer anyway).

I'm glad you've been given the day after the mess you were left.

Hi Caz ! Can't believe you are back at school !!! Hope it all goes well, sounds like a nice place, and ,of course, they are lucky to have a fab teacher like you !! :D

Most of the schools near me went back today, so lots of the cute little yellow school buses back on the roads !!

Diva x

Basically finished yeah, I'll post some pictures from PC later. First day with the kids today, went well but I'm exhausted! At least I'm home half hour earlier than yesterday. The head and deputy are happy with my RE stuff so sending it out to be implemented asap. I've been given a bit of extra responsibility too, taking on organising (not doing) all the assemblies and stuff. Quite liking the challenge.

Aww I love those yellow buses Diva, wish we had them here!

Aaron and I are really trying to step up with the saving but it's proving really difficult! I could do with winning 10-12k please!!

Back