New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

"You must have your banns read out in church for three Sundays during the three months before the wedding. This is often done over three consecutive Sundays but does not have to be."

Ah that's how it works, will just need go be in that church as it's both of of our local parish so won't need reading anywhere else.

It's basically where they read out your intention to marry and give people the opportunity to object. You've always got to give notice of marriage even in a registry office but banns are only in the Church of England.

Probably but I'd still be holding my breath then! We're talking honeymoons tonight, it's exciting!

Well why would it be capitalised if not using it as a name?

No secrets Rosie, pry all you like! We're considering a road trip in the US but we'll only have 10 days so not sure we've got long enough. I've suggested Italy and maybe doing 2/3 cities. We want something special, something we wouldn't do every holiday.

There is only one God. End of!

But it's not talking about an actual god is it? It uses the word god but actually has no reference to any specific deity with the name God. And actually the thought that there's only one god is entirely your opinion and not something you can state as fact. YOU believe in God, it's a faith, a belief, you cannot prove it any more than a Muslim who believes I'm Allah or a Hindu that believes in multiple gods who would also say you're wrong, hopefully not quite so arrogantly though. Lots of people believe in a different type of god or multiple gods. The word god has far more meaning than just God, capitalise it and it means something completely different. I believe in God but personally I don't like religion or religious people on the whole because of the complete lack of tolerance and understanding that most have. As I said, I believe in God but I would never be arrogant enough to tell other people that their faith and beliefs are wrong, I can explain what I believe and why but actually anybody with any faith is just as justified in that specific faith as a person who believes in the Christian God is. At the end of the day, nobody has any proof either way about any type of of god, it all comes down to faith and belief and so if there's no hard cold facts then you cannot tell someone that you're right and they're wrong. You just can't.

You are getting married in a Church of England church, which adheres to 10 Commandments. The first two are:
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Show some respect for that please.

Morning Caz --

I think ten days isn't enough for the road trip. Italy would be lovely you could fly into Venice and out of Rome spending a few days in Venice, Florence and Rome. Very romantic.

But it's not talking about an actual god is it? It uses the word god but actually has no reference to any specific deity with the name God. And actually the thought that there's only one god is entirely your opinion and not something you can state as fact. YOU believe in God, it's a faith, a belief, you cannot prove it any more than a Muslim who believes I'm Allah or a Hindu that believes in multiple gods who would also say you're wrong, hopefully not quite so arrogantly though. Lots of people believe in a different type of god or multiple gods. The word god has far more meaning than just God, capitalise it and it means something completely different. I believe in God but personally I don't like religion or religious people on the whole because of the complete lack of tolerance and understanding that most have. As I said, I believe in God but I would never be arrogant enough to tell other people that their faith and beliefs are wrong, I can explain what I believe and why but actually anybody with any faith is just as justified in that specific faith as a person who believes in the Christian God is. At the end of the day, nobody has any proof either way about any type of of god, it all comes down to faith and belief and so if there's no hard cold facts then you cannot tell someone that you're right and they're wrong. You just can't.

Well said.

As a Christian I try to match my actions (including speech) to my beliefs. "Judge ye not".

God enters by a private door into every individual.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I leave you for five minutes and a full on debate is brewing!

Personally I feel lucky to live in a country where I am free to believe what I want and do it in my own way. As long as no one is using their beliefs as an excuse to hurt anyone then lets party on together!

Do you have a goal in mind weight or size wise before dress shopping? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You are getting married in a Church of England church, which adheres to 10 Commandments. The first two are:

I don't believe Caroline has been disrespectful of that at all. Not one bit!
I think this has got a little out of hand and i don't think this debate is suitable for a light hearted weight loss forum.
Hope we can just put this behind us and forget about it.
We have a wedding to plan and get excited about. :)

Being that I grew up going to a CE school and church and that my sister is a curate, soon to be vicar, I know full well what the 10 commandments are. The bible also says that the number 1 'rule' is to love God and love your neighbour as yourself. To me love means respecting people, including their different opinions. It means allowing people their different faiths and beliefs. It means not shoving what you believe in other people's faces and expecting them to believe or follow the same.

Yes I'm getting married in a CE church but actually you don't have to be christian or religious at all to do that. I could be a Muslim with no respect for christian faith and I could still get get married in the church IF I wanted to.

Also, that first commandment you quoted at me isn't really very relevant is it? Talking about their being belief in other gods, whether they exist or not is a different matter depending on who you talk to, isn't having other gods before God, it's accepting that in society there are other gods and so, quite frankly, it's just accepting fact. In the society that we live in people really can't be so narrowminded.

Not sure about dresses, going to start looking around February time I think. Going to just get to whatever size I can by then.

ooooh wedding dresses!! How exciting... I have a board dedicated to them! I think i would want more lace than bling but id still want some sort of a veil. When else in life can you get away with netting on the head?! Never!! hehe i think i want quite a poofy dress for the same reason. I'd also like a perfect figure to match the dress... which i can have because my whole wedding is imaginary! ha!! Are you wanting white white or off white in colour? A friend of mine got married in red last year... her dress was beautiful just not weddingy

As for the raging debate above... it seems more of a grammatical issue than a religious one. :D:D and i stand by my religion/penis analogy! (its not as disrespectful as it sounds there!! hehehe)

Hows your day going mrs?

Back