New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

I'm not sure about veils really. I've never had to wear anything like that so don't know if it'd suit me, same with dresses really. I reckon around Feb can start trying things on to get idea of style and then maybe buy around June so that I've slimmed pretty much as much as I will. Anything after that can easily be altered to, that's my thinking anyway.

Oooooh look at your new ticker! couldnt see that before!

Have you got a budget for your dress? I know someone who went around all the shops and took pictures of the ones she liked then went off to vietnam to have them made... the trip with a hand made dress worked out cheaper than the one she was after in the shop! I smell i hen do!! hehe

Did it a few days ago, doesn't show on phones though.

I'm not sure really about budget. I've seen some amazing dresses for 200-300 where they're basically copies of designer dresses that are made to measure. They're similar to your friend, you can give photos but no trip out there unfortunately! As my parents are helping us a lot I can spend probably up to 1000 but I don't want to really.

I didn't realise that the bride generally doesn't organise her own hen do! Started looking into it all but have handed that over to my chief bridesmaids now. Eek!

Last edited:
Oh.. got two cake tasting consultations booked. Looking forward to those :D

Oh.. got two cake tasting consultations booked. Looking forward to those :D

Yummy! Makes me want to get remarried. ;)

You could always renew your vows!

My DH does not believe in it. He said it'd be like saying we didn't get it right the first time.

Aww that's a shame, it's more like saying look at us, here we still are!

Hey Caz... hows Tuesday? Feeling more positive about work? x

Been an OK day, really looking forward to the weekend already though! Bit more positive, just got to grin and bear it really.

The wedding planning sounds exciting!

How's slimming world coming along? X

SW went out the window last week what with Ofsted arriving. I had three days of up at 6 and not home til gone 8. I was exhausted so cooking went out the window! Back on track with it now though and Aaron has agreed to really do it properly, no tweaks. Both need to trim down for the wedding! Didn't make it to the meeting yesterday though, had to meet with the SEN co ordinator and wasn't done tin gone 5.

Things are certainly moving along you must be so excited. Do you book the venue?

We've told them we want it so they've put us in the diary and put the forms in the post. Not paid for the deposit yet, was told they'd contact me about it today if they could. Will need to meet with the catering lady to confirm all the numbers per head and stuff at some point.

Wow you are really organized with the wedding! I'm so impressed.

Venues were getting booked up like hot cakes so couldn't wait around! 75% of venues I contacted were already booked.

I'm watching The Next Great Baker... all these cakes are making me hungry!! Made a lovely tea tonight, especially as I made it all up as I went along! I put pork chops with big chunks of onion and peppers in a dish and poured over passata sauce with chilli and garlic. I served it with potatoes that I par boiled and finished in the oven with fry light, salt, pepper and more garlic and then some carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Was very tasty and 0 syns!

Venues were getting booked up like hot cakes so couldn't wait around! 75% of venues I contacted were already booked.

I'm watching The Next Great Baker... all these cakes are making me hungry!! Made a lovely tea tonight, especially as I made it all up as I went along! I put pork chops with big chunks of onion and peppers in a dish and poured over passata sauce with chilli and garlic. I served it with potatoes that I par boiled and finished in the oven with fry light, salt, pepper and more garlic and then some carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Was very tasty and 0 syns!

Sounds yummy. I avoid food shows when I'm feeling hungry.

It was the finale, I just couldn't resist!

Morning all, popped on the scales this morning (I know, I know!) and it seems like the little gain from last week is gone which is good. I seem to be the kind of person who gains very easily but then gets it off quite easily, within moderation anyway. I just mean that I seem to put on 3lb after a few days off where others may put on 1lb but thankfully that 3lb still comes off as quickly as 1lb. Maybe my body is more sensitive to it's glycogen stores? I don't know really.

Going to have to go food shopping I think, was hoping to put it off until Monday when I get paid but the fridge and freezer are running low! It's the fruit and veg that we seem to go through a lot of, thank goodness for Aldi because it's really brought down our food shopping. We did a shop middle of last week and only spent £15 and that's kept us going until now, most of the meat has been from the freezer though.

I found out last night that although you can't have blended fruit on SW you can have blended veg (not sure why one but not the other) so I'm going to seriously looking into getting a cheap-ish soup maker when I can afford it. Be lovely having lots of home made soup throughout the winter, be nice and cheap too probably which would help with wedding saving!

Booking tickets to go with bridesmaids to a wedding fair next month, looking forward to that! We've done lots of wedding talk but none in person so it'll be fun, very girly no doubt especially as Aaron won't be coming.

Morning Caz,

It's great that you live near an Aldi. I love that shop (and Lidl).

I bought my soup maker from Amazon.co.uk -- I'm quite pleased with it.

I wonder why you can't have blended fruit? Interesting.

Congrats on shaking the weight bump.

I don't know why, it doesn't make sense to me at all. You can't have cooked or blended fruit. Not sure if you can have tinned fruit either actually.

How much was your soup maker Mel? Do you not have an Aldi near you? Some people are quite snooty about Aldi but for their chicken etc they actually have higher standards than Tesco and the like.

Back