New Year... New Start - onwards and downwards.

It's Friday!! And thank goodness for that, I'm most definitely ready for the weekend, so tired. I'm not sure what it's been this week but I've just felt exhausted, quite a few people at school have said the same. I'm not sleeping great at the moment which won't be helping, dropping off fairly easily, definitely easier than I used to, but I'm waking up a couple of times a night. It's probably going to be a bit of a late one at school tonight :( At least I've got Aaron, steak and a weekend of sleep to look forward to when I get home!

SW is going well, def back on the wagon. There were two big tubs of roses in the staff room yesterday and instead of picking endlessly I found out how many syns they were (2.5) and allowed myself 2 of them, they're the only syns I had so was a good day. Need to work on getting my 1/3 super free with all meals, dinner and breakfast are fine for that but I struggle more win lunch unless it's something left over from the night before. I mean, if I do beans on toast what veg can I possibly do with it?! So I've been having a couple of pieces of fruit after, hopefully it balances it a bit.

So tired, absolutely exhausted and so glad it's the weekend! Out for Chinese to celebrate Aaron's friend's engagement but that's it other than bit of school stuff and shopping. Be nice to just chill, other than cooking tonight I plan on doing absolutely nothing!

Thanks Rose. Having a pretty chilled day today but I would quite like to actually get out and do something, not sure that money stretches to much and I'm still fairly tired. Had a bit of a weird reaction to something this morning, no idea what though. Aaron said that my face was read and looked in the mirror and half my face was covered in a strange red splodge and all hot. All I've eaten is some grapes so don't see how I could have reacted to anything, waiting to see if it goes down... hope it does soon!

Weird. You're not having breathing problems? I hope you're okay.

Nope no breathing problems, felt absolutely fine and didn't even realise until Aaron pointed it out! It's got a bit tingly but it's back to normal. I've got absolutely no idea what could have caused it at all.

I'm glad it's passed.

What did you decide to do today?

I've got to go and pick up some duplo that I bought on ebay for school and we're going out for a meal for one of Aaron's friends engagement celebration tonight, other than that not a lot really. I think I might start having a look into honeymoon though, we're liking the idea of Italy.

I've got to go and pick up some duplo that I bought on ebay for school and we're going out for a meal for one of Aaron's friends engagement celebration tonight, other than that not a lot really. I think I might start having a look into honeymoon though, we're liking the idea of Italy.

Fly into Venice, travel to Florence and fly out of Rome.

I have to recommend Sicily. I went as part of my travels in 2006 to Catania just under mt etna. The people are amazing and it's not too touristy nor expensive. We took a few trips out into the country and sat on volcanic slopes drinking the local wine which was amazing! Rome is lovely but expensive. Tuscany is summer is just stunning. Actually... You know what... Italian countryside and small village life is truly wonderful... Can I come on your honeymoon please?!?

That sounds lovely... I think the cities maybe appeal more though in such a short time. I'd like to do Rome and Venice, maybe Florence or Verona or somewhere too, 3 days in each. Or 3 in Rome, 3 in Venice and 4 in pretty countryside to get a mix of both. I've only ever really done holiday to one place other than properly travelling so will have to work out how to best get from place to place.

Aaron has also suggested Croatia today, it's meant to be beautiful and cheap too so we'll look into that.

I haven't got any set place I want to go, I just want it to be special and an experience where we can make life long memories, only get one honeymoon!

My aunt has been to Croatia twice, she loves it there. One of her favourite places.

Kate your Italian travels sound perfect. I would love to go to Italy.

Im coming on your honeymoon too!

I've heard that about Croatia, the being cheap appeals too!

I'll have to have a look into Italy, not sure where to even start with it though!

It doesn't really matter where you end up on honeymoon hun..you'll be loved up newlyweds..and it will be absolutely awesome :)

(add me to the honeymoon extra guests list too! ;))

This is true Rosie, it'll be nice whatever we do.

Just pricing up Italy now, obviously as it's so early there are lots of people that haven't published flights yet. Well all the budget airlines haven't anyway. Travel (Flight Manchester to Rome, train to Florence, train to Venice, flight home) looks to be £230 each, so £460 all together. If we were able to fly with EasyJet or RyanAir that could come down more but think that's fairly reasonable really. Just looking at hotels to get a rough price now, think Italy is a place where we'd need lots of spending money though.

Any other suggestions for places to look into?

Yeah Rome is only beaten to most expensive place I've ever been by Geneva. But Italy is only expensive in the cities everywhere else is pretty reasonable. The Amalfi coast.. Forgot to mention that.... Sooo beautiful and I imagine romantic too.

Bordeaux is a lovely city and not expensive and from there is pretty straight forward to get to Barcelona.

Monte Carlo and portofino aren't too far apart... And if memory serves you just fly into nice.

Strasbourg is gorgeous and from there you can get into Germany very easily and Paris is close by train

I'll have a think! What. Kinda thing do you fancy doing?

I really don't know to be honest, I just want something that feels a bit special if you know what I mean? I don't really want all beach and pool, we did that this summer and it was lovely but we did wish we had a little more to do so somewhere with some sightseeing would be good.

Priced up Italy with a few changes travel (Manchester-Rome-Florence-Verona-Venice) and the 10 nights in 3-4* hotels would come to a grand total of £1,005 which I don't think is too bad really considering. I think we'd probably need another £1500 for spending money though. I don't know just how affordable such an expensive honeymoon is, though we are considering asking guests who want to buy us a present to either buy something they think we'd like or they can contribute towards the honeymoon. Is that a bit cheeky though? We live together already and have most of what we need so we don't want to end up with extra house bits that we won't need and a honeymoon would be really appreciated. It's something that I'd happily do but I don't know if others would really.

I've always happily given money when asked at weddings, and occasionally when not if there isn't a list! But I did say to my sister for her birthday a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't give her money for a weekend away in Amsterdam, it just felt different!

Back