New Year - New Start!

Well didn't have dancing or zumba in the week last week only back tonight! I think the big loss was totally down to being heavier last wednesday because of the all the alcohol i'd had!

Walkings really good - i am just totally too lazy!

xx

Hi!!

Being nosy and subscribing to your diary :) we weigh pretty much the same and lost almost the same in our first week! I lost over 3st last year but messed about all through December and put 6.5lb on so weighed in last week at 14st 4lb. Lost 6lb today yay!

Enjoying looking at your diary for ideas.... Do you reheat your noodle stir frys for lunch or eat it cold?
Xx

Amy that's an amazing loss lovely! Well done you :) And great planning too. I am out of the house from 8am until 7pm thur and fri so i get how much you have to plan and prepare! x

Thanks ladies. Great to have you on board and look forward to supporting you both on your journeys too!

Yes I have a microwave at work so reheat my lunches! I am so lucky as read so many posts from people who don't have access to anything and I think i would be stuck for ideas!

xx

Well yesterday was a bit of a disaster!

It took me 2 1/2 hours to do a 40 min journey because of an accident on the motorway. So I didn't eat what I had planned. Got home at 10ish had a few pringles and a banana. I hadn't had many syns so not gone over but it wasn't a substantial meal as didn't want loads just before bed! So I have got my dinner from last night for lunch today!!

Thursday

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEA and B) with chopped fruit

Snack - banana

lunch - savoury rice with chicken pieces and extra peppers and onion

snack - fruit, mini jaffa cake pod (7 syns), 1 roses choc (2.5 syns)

ZUMBA class 6-7pm! Whoop first one back after christmas so looking forward to it and hoping for a big crowd tonight!

dinner - WW lasagne (5.5 syns) with salad.

Total 15 syns

Last edited:
Hi amy hope you dont mind but i sent you a freind request your story sounds similar to mine. I was here 2 years ago and a stone slimmer when i left... i stood on teh scales and seen i have gone from 12st 3 to 13 stone 7 .... want to lose 30lbs x

Hey hun! Friend accepted!!

Its annoying when you look back and know you were lighter but the main thing is that we are back on it now and going to shift the pounds again!

When do you WI? Do you go to group?

x

Hey hun! Friend accepted!!

Its annoying when you look back and know you were lighter but the main thing is that we are back on it now and going to shift the pounds again!

When do you WI? Do you go to group?

x
I weight in the day I started which is a Wednesday x don't into a group because they don't fit round my work shifts so I am using a friends books till I can save to join online x. It's a lot to pay out in one go. X

I used to go to a group but then I started another zumba class so couldn't make it and can't find another one to suit. Managed to buy a new member pack off a friend's mum who is a consultant so i have the books luckily.

If you dont want to pay for online you could go to a group one week just to get the books think there are vouchers for free membership about at the moment so would only cost 4.95.

Just shout if you need me to look up anything in the book - obviously I can't get online but if I can help I will!!

Its good we have the same weigh in day so we can check up on each other every wednesday!!

xx

Did ok yesterday had all 15 syns but used 9.5 on chocolate type things. I know this is completely allowed but think i should probably try to use them in my meals instead of on treats!

On the other hand I was reading the low syn snacks thread which is where I found out about the jaffa cake pods! They are the mini jaffa cakes in little individual pots at 144 cals per pod which is 7 syns. So not bad if you are craving something naughty!

Here is todays food - TGIF!

Friday

Breakfast - Porridge oats with muller light yog and chopped fruit (HEB)

Snack - 2 clementines

Lunch - Ryvita crackerbreads (1 syn each - had 4 so 4 syns) with 75g of light philidelphia (HEA), smoked salmon and salad. Muller light yoghurt

Snack - Pineapple chunks, 1 clementine

Dinner - chicken breast with nandos marinade (1 syn per tbsp - only used 1!!), SW chips, broccoli and other veg. Ketchup (2 syns)

Syns 7 so far

Last edited:
So glad it is the weekend - having a really stressy week at work so glad it is nearly over!

Saturdays are difficult for me foodwise as I teach all day and never really get much chance to eat so need to plan.

I've found the best plan is to just have a totally free breakfast so I can use my HEB for a sandwich which is about all I have time to eat. Last week I also took some cherry tomatos which were great for just picking at.

Also have my nieces christening on sunday so not sure on food options - might try stick to cold meat and salad like i did at a party last week!!

Anyone have anything exciting going on this weekend??

xx

Sorry for the delay glad you did well at weigh in, I did 3lbs so was happy with that :) Have a lovely weekend. My friend is treating my to chinese and I thought I would struggle but Ive checked syns online and chicken in black bean sauce is only 5 syns and 5 prawncrackers are only 1.5 so im excited to have a guilt free treat :D x

Well done on your 3lb! Thats great!

It is fab that you can find low syn options on takeaways! Unfortunately I can't have chinese as it doesn't agree with me but I would happily eat a whole bag of prawn crackers given the chance - don't think I could just have 5!!

Have a good weekend xx

Hey Amy. You're doing really well. I know how hard it is to plan when you're working/busy. Good on you for looking for alternatives :) Have a lovely day tomorrow x

Thanks for all the positivity guys!

Saturday was ok foodwise - didn't manage to eat much during the day but in the evening had a meal made by boyf and used my syns for some oil/sauce so can't see me being over for the day! Especially as I was golden and took grapes to the cinema with me as my snack and just had a coke zero - no popcorn or sweets!!

Sunday I went to a christening - food ended up being a cavery so meat/veg/potatoes not too bad. I had a piece of cake though which was probably over and above my syns but never mind back on track today!

Monday

Breakfast - Shredded Wheat Fruitful - HEB and splash of milk (1/2 syn), chopped fruit

Snack - banana, mixed berries/grapes

Lunch - Egg Salad, 3 babybel lights (HEA), 2 tbsp light salad cream (1 syn), quavers (5 syns)

Snack - Fruit

Dinner - SW Chilli and rice

Syns - 6.5

So glad I resisted the dougnuts yesterday - luckily they all got eaten so no temptation lurking yet today!

Here is my diary for today -

Tuesday

Breakfast - Porridge Oats and Cherry Muller Light with chopped fruit (HEB)

Snack - Banana, 2 clementines

Lunch - SW Chilli and Rice - 20g reduced fat cheese (1/2 HEA), Muller light

Snack - alpen light (3 syns).

Dinner - Chicken Breast wrapped in Bacon with cheese and phili centre with SW chips and veg (1 syn for philli, 1/2 HEA for cheese, 1 syn for BBQ sauce, 2 syns ketchup)

Syns - 7

Last edited:
Back