New year, same me; just less wobbly + Project 52!

Thankyou Steve! I've done the same today plus I actually made an effort wlking the dog (normally I just stay still and throw the ball, today we actually walked and ran about a bit!).

Must add, last nights tea:

ForumRunner_20120104_191755.jpg

Was delish and completely worth the 9 syns :)

I will be back later with my diary for today.

Last nights dinner looks yummy :) Well done on the body magic, you'll be skinny before you know it :D

So today has been a pretty decent day for dieting and exercise. I'm glad as I return to work tomorrow and that will no doubt be hellish.

Firstly, I finally got round to a P52 batch of soup- expect photos and a recipe tomorrow!

I've done my 20 mins of 30 day shred, 40 mins on the wii, a good dog walk and 15 mins on the ab circle pro. Woo!

Food wise- 2 weetabix choc and a banana with milk for brekkie, no lunch but an apple and banana and a fab SW roast for tea- whole thing was only 2 syns (for the gravy) and I kept potatoes and parsnips to a minimum, stocking up on superfree brocolli, carrot, red onion and green beans instead. Everyone loved it.

ForumRunner_20120105_002808.jpg

Tomorrow is looking daunting already. As my first day back it will be looooong, so I want to take plenty of fruit with me and maybe 2 portions of soup or maybe a synned portion of leftovers from my freezer. My job involves lots of travelling, which equals being cold and wet and often means I can't refuse a posh coffee. God only knows what they hold in terms of full fat milk and sugar or chocolate toppings! So i've prepared myself a little sandwhich bag of herbal teabags. That way I can keep control of my milk intake aswell, i'm a proper milk fiend.

So tomorrow is the challenge!

Hope your first day back at work isn't too difficult xx

I was super narky this morning, probably because of the lack of caffeine, but i've improved now. Still working, just had an appetising Lamb Hotpot soup for lunch, although it did look a bit like vomit.

ForumRunner_20120105_135840.jpg

Got up a bit early to do 10 mins on the ab circle pro this morning, so I feel quite proud of myself. Plus i've managed to avoid coffee and petrol station snacks. This is very good for me!

Today was effing horrendous. Started at 8am, finished at 8pm. Spent all day wet and cold, then just about getting dry and having to go outside again. I'm so tired, but I'm happy to say that I stuck to the diet and didn't wobble!

As I said, I got up early to do a teeny bit of exercise. Had my 2 weetabix, banana and milk to cover my HEX's. Took a portion of soup and a portion of leftover SW spag bol to work with me, plus a banana and apple and a load of teabags in case I got desperate. Had the apple and banana as snacks and the soup for lunch. I admit, when it passed 5pm and I would normally be home I was starving, but I decided to leave the leftovers in the office fridge for tomorrow :)

I survived on water all day until 7pm, when out of desperation I had a black coffee (I was seriously starting to lag at that point). Managed to get home without having a single synful snack, so enjoyed (yet another) spag bol, which other half cleverly packed out with white cabbage to make more filling. To reward myself for being good, I sprinkled 30g of cheese on top- defo worth the 6 syns!!

Now it's half 9 and I'm pooped, but I'm going to do 20 mins of 30 day shred. I owe it to myself not to give up on day three and I'm hoping once I've done it I might have enough energy to do at least 5 songs on just dance.

I will update!

Just a quickie to say I managed both the 30DS AND the 5 dances, plus 20 reps of each move on the ACP. Yayy!

Well done on the exercise and for staying strong during work!xx

Thankyou Shenzi :)

Today was another good day. Standard weetabix, banana and milk for brekkie, 1/2 portion of sw spag bol for lunch then a sw mixed grill for tea: 2 joe's sausages, 2 joe's burgers, 2 rashers bacon, mushrooms dry fried with garlic and onion, a bag of birdseye steamfresh veg (green beans, carrots and peas and some mushy peas for a bit of moisture! It was nommy!

ForumRunner_20120106_200837.jpg

I do believe the joe's stuff is all free, can anyone correct me if I am wrong?

I had lined up some pineapple and a mullerlight for dessert but i'm that full that I won't bother!

I'm knackered, but determined to do my 30DS and the reccomended reps on the ab circle pro. Might not manage the wii tonight, i'll have to see how I feel.

I've also decided to join a group. I've found one with loads of glowing reviews (happened upon another SW'er at the bus stop!) and my mum has offered to pay for a 6 week countdown for me. I start officially on thursday, but will still weigh myself on sunday so all tune in then!

Ooh a Thursday weigher like me! I think most of the Joes are free you have just reminded me i must order some this month! If you read the website Im sure the syns are listed on there xx

The dreaded weigh in.

I officially join the group on thursday, so for no I'm sticking to my original plan meaning weigh in is today!!

Let's start off with yesterday and how it went: The big victory of the day is that it was a saturday and I didn't drink:) I would normally have one or two glasses (bottles) of wine. It felt weird, but i've got loads done today because I was up early and hangover free!

Treated myself yesterday by having 37g of granary bread with my SW breakfast (3.5 syns). It was bloody delicious!! Had no lunch, snacked on a banana and an apple, then made a jambalaya for tea which was 1/3 superfree. I added 100g of chorizo for flavour, well worth the 2.5 syns per portion, and i've managed to save some leftovers for a meal in work one day. Ended the day with a SW cheesecake (thanks forum for the idea) made with one of my HEB Alplen Light's, fat free greek yog, splenda and an optons sachet. I think the splenda is free, so my only sin was the options? And that was 2 syns for the sachet. So a nice, tasty day all round- proof that I'm losing weight but not using flavour :)

Anyway, for the juicy bit, I got up this morning and weighed myself. My original weight was 226lb. Today I am.................................................................................................................................

......................................................................................................................................
221lb
:party0023:

Woohoo that's amazing Im so pleased for you!!xx

Well Done that's amazing! :D

Thankyou all!

Quite a lot to report today. Firstly, I had my first whole hearted attempt at Project 52. I opted for a SW minestrone which was simple and turned out really tasty. It used up the end of the xmas ham and it's really filling, plus I'm going to try a whole week of original menu's to see if I have another good loss next sunday. This minestrone includes both of my HEB's so I don't have to worry about incoporating them into my evening meal.

THE SOUP:
400g ham
400g cannelini beans
100g w.meal pasta
2 tins toms
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
8 carrots.
Pinch oregano
Pinch basil
Pork stock cubes

Literally just fried it all together in a pan, added pork stock cube and enough water to cover. Simmered for an hour and give it a whizz! Lovely.

I've been pretty bloody good today too. Started with a pre prepared pack of pineapple- easy but tasty. Had visitors for lunch so threw together a salad with boiled eggs, bacon and chicken in a 5 spice glaze then followed with a huge SW roast. Not sure how much gravy I had so i've overcompensated syns and counted that as 4. I followed that with some strawberries, banana, an alpen light microwaved and fat free greek yog with an options mint sachet mixed in. All thoroughly enjoyable and didn't feel like I was being "good".

So here is to a new week. Good luck everyone xx

I've been so busy I've forgot about this!!

Red week turned into a bit of a farce! Completely forgot about my intentions on monday so stupidly started the day with weetabix, meaning my wonderfully pre-prepared minestrone soup had to be synned. Managed to keep my overall syn intake to 5 but I was trying to flexi for my BFF's birthday on saturday. We will be heading to dreaded Wetherspoons (really don't know what to waste 20 syns on!!).

Tuesday was equally as chaotic. Managed to stick to red plan meal wise by taking a syn free chicken soup to work instead of the Minestrone. It was vile, but it staved off hunger for a while so I'm not complaining. Got a load of fruit down too. All went a bit down hill after that though...had to go to a launch do and the place was littered with nibbles. Managed to resist, only drank water and black coffee but got really depressed (and hungry) at the sight of thin people eating yummy, deep fried food. Left early and went home via the newsagents, picked up a packet of velvet crunch as a "pick me up" which sort of did the trick. Once I got home went on the forum and read a recipe for weetabix cake. Happened to have some ingredients in the cupboard so attempted a chocolate variant of it. Well it was *****! Ate one portion for the hell of it, which cost me another 5 syns and really wasn't worth it. Felt guilty all night that i'd not been 100%, even though I'd stayed within syns and done really well resisting everything at the launch party. Meh...still not got over it.

Woke up this morning feeling bloated and tired and lethargic and fat. "That time" of the month, yippee!! I had planned to go swimming tonight with BFF, obv couldn't but we did half an hour on Just Dance. I'll be honest, I didn't give 100%. I also haven't had time for 30 day shred since last weekend, so I feel crap about that too. Oh, and I haven't had a fag for ages, so if you hear of a Scouser ripping a bus drivers head off it was probably moi.

Was good all day, lots of fruit, weetabix, less milk than usual. Struggled to poo- to top it all off!! So felt a bit icky, but then managed it which cheered me up a bit :rolleyes: Had a packet of velvet crunch again (slippery slope those velvet crunch) but expected to be having a syn free evening meal so didn't feel guilty. Went to a friends for dinner, told her earlier that I'm doing SW and really trying my hardest- asked for a plain portion of fish instead of the battered cod that was on the menu, yes that's fine she said. Got there to discover that she'd bought me an Asda Extra Special Mackerel fillet with a horseradish herb crumb....gah. I ate it out of duty, although I only had 1 fillet and other half had the other when no one was looking. Everything else was free, but don't yet know the syn value for the fish so I'm waiting for a response from the syn values section. Knowing my luck this week it will be something ridiculous like 15 syns...just what I need and I don't even like horseradish!!

So basically, this week has been **** so far but I haven't given up hope yet. Hopefully tomorrow will be a damn sight better.

Busy day today! Had my first class tonight, must admit I really preferred it to the old one I went to. The women there were so nice and we had a laugh, plus my consultant seems nice. She took my weight as 220.5lb's so I've adjusted my weight on my details. I really hope I have a decent loss this week, I'm going to try really hard with the body magic stuff and stick 100% to plan, even though this is my first week at class it's technically my third week overall so I want to make a good impression. My Mum has paid for a 12 week countdown and I bought myself a recipe book for good measure, she has promised that if I lose 2 stone in 2 months she will pay for my next 12 weeks too :)

Got home from class to a little "happy dieting" present off OH- Zumba 2 for the Wii. God it's brilliant! Only managed 21 minutes before both my head and body exploded! So I'm having a proper crack at it starting tomorow-will try to do 45 minutes. It couldn't come at a better time- the PS3 has just given up on us, so no more 30 day shred until we buy a proper dvd player (or another ps3).

Food wise, well today has been ok. When I got to work a lovely (but thoughtless) coleague had bought me a Costa Mocha (lge, full fat) and left it on my desk. I faced a bit of a dilemma as I love a coffee! I felt bad knowing that it would have cost her close to £4 and she was only trying to be nice but then it was more syns than I could afford (Wetherspoons still looms). In the end I poured 2/3 of it down the sink and saved the final third, she saw me drink it and (sweet jesus) I enjoyed it. Also, I got to savour the fantastic smell whilst the empty cup sat on my desk :)

I had 2 Alpen bars, a banana and an apple for brekkie, followed by another banana and another apple then another apple. Got down a portion of syn free soup, then for tea had slices of a roast pork joint with a massive stir fry. I used 2 tspns of Asda Chinese Noodle Seasoning in the stir fry for flavour but I noticed it thickened a little- I guess this means that it's not syn free: must look that up.

Weatherspoons top tip? - baked potato, beans & side salad - free on green/extra easy. - simples!

What are Joes sausages like Jez?

I've tried other low-fat or fat free and they're awful. I'd sooner have "proper" sausages and syn them.

Steve

Apologies for the delay Steve- death in the family, I've been up the wall.

No, they are crap compared to an actual sausage!! I bought a lot of their products and froze them all, I've still got 2 packets to get through, but I wouldn't buy again after that. I love a good sausage (behave!) so like you I will syn them in the future. Out of interest, what brand do you normally have?

Sorry to hear about your bad news. Brings a dose of perspective to proceedings:(

Usually whatever I fancy from Asda, usually Richmond (thick or thin - no preference) or Walls. I have tried several low-fat or even fat-free ones, but end up binning them:eek::eek:

I seldom eat sausages so don't mind the odd "splurge"

Back