** New Year's Day Daily Thread **

AlexIce

Silver Member
Greetings folks.
What is everyone upto today?
So far I have managed to get up, get my first soup of the day but then retreated back to my bed to drink it. I was dancing til 5:30 am last night so I feel happily justified in having a long lie in today.
When I do get up I intend to have another wardrobe attack and throw a few more things out, sort out a couple of things to take to the seamstress to be taken in etc.
I am promising to stay on track with CD for another three months then have a bit of a break for a couple of weeks then go back on it for another 2 months, take the summer off and eat salads then back on CD to deal with whatever is left to lose in the autumn.
:) That's my plan and it's going to happen!

well done

You have done so well. Was just looking at your weight loss. You seem to have a clear plan for 2010.
Any advice for someone on day 1

Morning Alex and icandoit :D :D

Any advice for someone on day 1

LOL. Water - lots. Paracetamol (as needed). And grim determination!

You can do it, hun. We can do it (I'm on Day 1 (again) too).

Having a quiet day at the moment. Still sitting in bed, actually. How decadent. :D But I didn't sleep all that well last night - some fool kept letting off fireworks way into the small hours. I don't mind them going off between 12 and 1.00 - but at 4.00am :confused:

Anyway, it's going okay so far. I'll probably have my first shake soon and then spend the day distracting myself by reading the posts here, going for a walk, having a bath etc. :) And then later on, we're going to the cinema, so that'll help a lot.

Wishing everyone a successful Cambridge day!

My advice for Day 1 is this>

Head down...and get on with it.. there is no nice way of saying that :D

Steely determination will see you through this diet from Day 1....and if you've got that..your 99% there!!

Happy New Year folks&folkessess :D

LURRRRRVE January!!!!!!

xxx

Mmmm 13:29... so far - eaten nothing, not interested :confused: and a drink of cola...

Wishing the day away till the 6th and then 1 sleeps till the 7th and I start! :D

Keep going ladies!

Thank you, thank you. :D

I reckon maybe you're just fasting in sympathy? :D That was of course diet cola, right? ;) At this rate, you'll waste away before you even get started on CD...

Still haven't had my first pack. Not really hungry and I figure the longer I can go without it, the more I'll have to play with later. Seems logical to me. :D

Still not doing much either. Though I am now at least dressed. This is turning into a really lazy day!

hello all,
glad youre all doing ok today, its a tough one!
I went to the parents last night, didnt have ANT alcohol as I was driving, and only had a couple of mini sausages and my bar while everyone else pigged out! feeling quite righteous!

When I eventually got up, I spent the morning in pamper mode! havent done that in YEARS!! face pack and everything!

Just popped down to the shop, fancied a magazine so picked up the weight watchers one. Went to pay and the lady behind the til said to me 'you dont need that dear!'
FANTASTIC!!!! thats never happened before, and felt really good! am so chuffed!

Somehow I managed to actually fall into a mini-binge yesterday. Of course I felt terrible about it last night but today I'm leaving all of that in 2009 and this is a brand new year! Good timing eh? :)

I'm really excited for 2010 because I really do believe that this will be the year that I get my weight under control and move onto all of the other things I could possibly stress about, like my teeth or something...

That and by this summer I'll look dang hot in a bathing suit :)

Just popped down to the shop, fancied a magazine so picked up the weight watchers one. Went to pay and the lady behind the til said to me 'you dont need that dear!'
FANTASTIC!!!! thats never happened before, and felt really good! am so chuffed!

So you should be! That's fantastic! Well done hun. :D

I'm really excited for 2010 because I really do believe that this will be the year that I get my weight under control and move onto all of the other things I could possibly stress about, like my teeth or something...

That and by this summer I'll look dang hot in a bathing suit :)

Absolutely. I'm not sure that I'll ever manage 'dang hot' again (too many stretchmarks :eek:) but if I leave my glasses off, no one will see them if I can't, right? ;) You go, girl!

Of course diet cola, tastes better than normal!

It does, doesn't it? Glad it's not just me that thinks so. :D

Well done everybody - keep it up! This day's just flying by with you all posting stuff for me to read like this! :D :D :D

Icandoit - the only advice I can give is just basic - keep to it. The diet works if you don't cheat. Drink plenty of water, space your packs out and just enjoy watching how the numbers go down on the scales :)

As far as today goes - well I have had another wardrobe attack, got some clothes out from under the bed which I have never been able to get into and now I can :)
I am desperate to buy some new clothes but I am trying to restrain myself until I have lost more weight and actually need to buy more - so here's to 3 more months of being good and then a 4 day shopping spree in the Metro Centre!

I find buying stuff on ebay is good, I have bought a few things in each size i have gone through, it doesnt cost much that way, and at least you have something to wear!

Aly - yes but ebay gets addictive! lol I have to stop buying things and wait until I have lost more weight and need it. My mum has lost loads of weight too and has given me lots of her jumpers which should keep me going til Easter. By summer I will need a whole new summer wardrobe - yippeeeee.

Hello day 1 nearly over so glad an early nite for me i reckon.! hahaha

Does anyone know how u change your thread title on a daily basis? i see people change theirs.!! thanx

ive just been v careful what i have bought, and only literally 1-2 things in each size on the way down.. some stuff i still wear now as it doesnt matter that its too big, like shirts, jumpers etc..
but like you by the summer i will need a whole new wardrobe, as i dont have ANY summer clothes at all! I chucked it all out, its 4 sizes too big, and looks ridiculous! so out it went!
here's to summer shopping!

well done shanny!
im just having my soup now, hugely watered down in a massive mug so it lasts longer!
how have you felt today? hope its not been too bad...
just think by early on next week you will feel fantastic!

thank u ive stayed in my bedroom alday watching t.v while family been downstairs eating away.

but im ok ive been here all before.! ha i must say i have never had any of the soups.x

Try the soups, theyre great!
initially i had them in a bowl, and had it at the same time as the family so i didnt feel i was missing out..
now i water it down alot more and have a huge mug!
theyre great in this cold weather!

I tried each flavour in the beginning, then just ordered the ones i liked.
I only have veg, chicken and mushroom and leek and potato.

Back