New York countdown....

Whitey27

Silver Member
Hi everyone :). I've been off track with the diet now for a good couple of months and as a result I've lost and put on the same three pounds virtually every three weeks. I am a classic binge eater - will be good all week and then bake cupcakes (hummingbird bakery) and eat four of them in one go - I actually felt sick!!

Anyway, I decided it was time to get back on track and start (another) food diary. I have three weeks until I go to New York with work and I want to be able to go shopping and feel good about myself again. I want to set myself a mini target of losing 7lbs in that time. When I set myself bigger/longer term targets I seem to fall off the wagon and keep putting it off so I am going to have lots of mini targets until Christmas.

A bit about me - my name is Emma and I'm an accountant (don't judge me ;)). I don't have lots to lose - probably about a stone. I find the stories on here really inspirational where people have lots more to lose but then I get frustrated with myself seeing that everyone else seems to progress and lose a couple of pounds a week whereas I just go round in circles....

One more thing to add, I usually work quite long hours so don't manage to go to class although am going to try and start going to walk in classes at lunch time (not sure what that will entail?!?!?!) so I have enlisted my boyf to weigh me in each week biggest loser style!!

Right, enough of the rambling.... now for food for today......

Monday 19 Sept (red day)
B - lots of different berries, 5 scan bran (heb) and FF yoghurt
Snacks - two alpen light bars (HEB), two satsumas
Lunch - chicken, parma ham (I think 2 syns), tomato, peppers and mushroom salad with balsamic vinegar (need to check syns). More fruit and ff yoguht
Dinner - Tuna steak, broccoli with tomato ketchup (3 syns - I love the stuff) and MOOORREE fruit and FF yohurt.

So that's 5 syns in total..... day one down :):p:)

Hi Emma, bet youre really excited about going to New York!! Im in a similar place to you, I wanna lose about half a stone/ten pounds for my holiday to vegas in a month! Just keeping the holiday in mind stops me going off plan. I enjoy baking too, but have put my energy into making sw friendly meals rather than my usual cakes.

Im sure youll get to where you wanna be for your trip. Good luck!!

Hi Funky Monkey... thanks for the post. I'm, really looking forward to it although I am going with work so not sure there will be much time for fun stuff.... Wow, Vegas - now that definitely is a good motivation. Hope you have fun!

Right now for today's diary entry.... good day - started with an early morning gym session. I have managed to bruise the sole of my foot (perhaps my bum is too big and my feet can't carry it?!?) so couldn't do much but it made me feel better all the same...

In terms of food, I fancied a green day so had the following:

B - fruit, ff yoghut, 4 scan bran (part of HEB)
L - jacket potato, cheese (HEA) and beans (nommmm, noommm, noom)
Dinner - wholemeal pasta, lots and lots of veg (peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic) roasted with fry light and a tbsp of red pesto (2.5 syns) followed by FF yoghurt, fruit and 1 scan bran (rest of HEB)
Snacks - 2 alpen light bars (HEB), nectarine, banana, apple

So that's a total of 2.5 syns which I know is low but I have meals out towards the end of the week so want to be strict whilst I can.....

Just watching Pushy and Proud diet crazy mums at the moment - they really are crazy!! Can't believe they are putting this sort of pressure on their daughters - scary to think what sort of issues they might develop! :sigh:

Another good food day today.... I am on a roll - which is appropriate really given I have a definite roll over my work trousers too!

Today was a red day.

B - fruit, fat free yoghurt, 4 x scan bran (HEB)
Lunch - chicken, parama ham (2), lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms
Dinner - chicken wrapped in bacon with phili light garlic and herbs (3), broccoli and a grilled flatmushroom
Snacks - Hi fiber bar (yum - HEB), banana, nectarine and a peach....

Dinner today was great - really impressed myself. Usually as I live on my own I will cook something as straightforward as possible for dinner or binge on cereal bars and toast.... anyway, tonight even though I was tired and had not much food in I dragged myself to the supermarket and got some SW friendly dinner in and it was YUM!! Definitely worth the hassle (which wasnt much to be honest!)...

Got inspiration for dinner off here actually so thanks guys and gals - you have kept me on track once again....

Right, logging off now to watch that Claire from steps food thing on Sky! I am literally obsessed with food tv programmes at the moment

Catch you soon peeps - hope you're all having a good "hump" day!! :) xx

Back