NEW YORK MARATHON MADNESS!!!!!

JEM

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi

In a moment of utter madness, I have decided to run the New York Marathon in November this year :eek:

Having lost over 13 stone and kept it off for the last year, I decided that I needed a new challenge and wanted to do something to raise money for Breast Cancer Care........running 26 miles seemed like a good way of doing this!!

Having never run before it will be a total challenge and is already giving me nightmares already! So..... I've put down my vodka bottle, bought some fab running shoes (any excuse to buy new shoes) and I've started training......and I'm actually enjoing it :D

So, if anyone would like to sponsor me - I have a justgiving website:

Justgiving - Jemma Smart's Fundraising Page

Thanks in advance

Jem xx

Oh wow!!! Well done you!!

You should have said, I would have run it with you.

Mike

How much is it costing you????

M.

Wow jem, so proud of you, what an absolute star you are. Have you been to NY before? It is one of my favourite places in the world.

Wow jem, so proud of you, what an absolute star you are. Have you been to NY before? It is one of my favourite places in the world.

Thanks Barb, most pople think I'm totally mad for doing this but it just makes me evn more determined to finish it!

Been to the US lots but never been to NY before so will be a great way of seeing the sights......not that I will be in any fit state to appreciate them!!

How's you?

x

I'm pretty sure you'll find time for shopping :rolleyes::D

Well done (again!) ... and does this mean I have to bring my running gear on the 14th?! :eek:

Me shopping in NY???? Never!!!

LOL, no you will be spared from running as Friday is my one day off a week from training............so unfortunately we will have to shop and drink skinny lattes instead!!

Looking forward to seeing you......been blooming ages!

x

Saw this earlier on the site Jem but didn't know the person was talking about you!!!!

Gawd.....how exciting:eek::D:D:D...New York!!!

A charity very close to my heart as my Mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer a few years ago and is still in remission now. Put me down for sponsorship...xxx

Saw this earlier on the site Jem but didn't know the person was talking about you!!!!

Gawd.....how exciting:eek::D:D:D...New York!!!

A charity very close to my heart as my Mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer a few years ago and is still in remission now. Put me down for sponsorship...xxx

Thanks hun, I'm the nutter doing it!!!

My Mum had breast cancer about 10 years ago hence me wanting to do it for Breast Cancer Care.....think its a great charity and will be nice to give a little back.

If you'd like to sponsor me, please click on the link in my signature, that takes you to my justgiving page.

Jem x

Thanks hun, I'm the nutter doing it!!!

My Mum had breast cancer about 10 years ago hence me wanting to do it for Breast Cancer Care.....think its a great charity and will be nice to give a little back.

If you'd like to sponsor me, please click on the link in my signature, that takes you to my justgiving page.

Jem x

Will do now...xxx :)

WOW.... well impressed with you chick......:D

I'm at work so can't stay on here long.... will be sponsoring you later for sure......:D

BTW you do know you can't run in leopard print stillettos.....;) (but I bet you could get trainers in the same print...lol')

I have no doubt in my mind that you will do this - and in a good time too.....:D

And although I don't know anyone who has/had Breast Cancer it is one of the charities I support regularly.....:D

I will watch your training/progress schedule with interest....

love and admiration

Hiya SportyJem .... it was me who had a chat to the mods. and asked if I could add a link to MY signature to spread the word even further because I think you are doing such a wonderful thing. It is great for the Breast Cancer Charity, great goal for you and great for the Cambridge Diet image too. I have already added my name to your sponsors list and shall encourage others to help you add on the ££££ as you have taken off the lardy lbs in such a magnificent fashion.
Leopard skin training shoes huh! You will look magnificent in whatever your wearing as your current size suits you perfectly. We are all routing for you. Happy training

:character00116::character00116: :character00116::character00116: :character00116::character00116: :character00116::character00116: :character00116::character00116: :superwoman:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, your support is greatly appreciated as I'm not getting a lot of it in "real life"!!! My friends seem to think I'm a silly cow and will never complete it (then again, they were the ones who said that CD would never work for me!).....it just makes me even more determined to do it! :p

Now...I must go and google for leopard training outfits!! :eek:

xxx

Thanks everyone, your support is greatly appreciated as I'm not getting a lot of it in "real life"!!! My friends seem to think I'm a silly cow and will never complete it (then again, they were the ones who said that CD would never work for me!).....it just makes me even more determined to do it! :p

Now...I must go and google for leopard training outfits!! :eek:

xxx

Tell ya what chick - it's great to prove people wrong.... so you go show them.... I would love to do a marathon.... first I need to loose the weight, learn to walk fast and then learn to run :eek: - starting with the Race for Life in June .... oh and trying to get the weight off!!

You could run in a bin liner and 'daps' and still look drop dead gorgeous:D

You go prove them doubters wrong chick and all of us here are right behind you....:D metaphorically speaking of course....;)

lots of love

Back