New :)

radicore

Hi I'm Zoe :)

I think I'm pretty young compared to most people here (I'm only fifteen), but I thought this site would be helpful with my weight loss. I've been overweight since I was about eight or nine, as I take after my dad's side of the family (all of which of obese) and have always been prone to comfort eating.

At the start of this year, I was about 13 stone, which is pretty big considering I'm only 5'2". I'm now down to 9 1/2 - 10 stone (It seems to vary from week to week), and I hopefully want to get down to 8 1/2 - 9 stone. I'm struggling to lose those last 10 - 15lbs though, which is why I joined this site. :)

Hi Zoe.
Welcome To The Site.
Good To Have you Aboard Matey.. Argggggg.
Sorry have a weird sense of humour.
Well Done, On Not Being Obese Like your dads side of the family.
I too take after my dads side, and Im slowing losing weight, But it must be a great acheivement for you event still :D
Good Luck

Hiya zoe, welcome to the site and ya will get help on here just keep posting and let us know how ya are getting on. Congrats with your weight loss, how did ya go about losing the amount that ya did?

Hiya zoe, welcome to the site and ya will get help on here just keep posting and let us know how ya are getting on. Congrats with your weight loss, how did ya go about losing the amount that ya did?

Weird as it is, the trigger was actually dropping out of public school. I'm homeschooled now, but for a few months at the start of the year I wasn't in any kind of education, so I had a lot of free time. Sitting around the house all day got boring fast, so I started going out for walks and bike rides and such (something I didn't like doing usually because I hated running into people I know, but seeing as they were all in school, I didn't have to worry about it). Because I wasn't in school anymore, I wasn't so miserable, and I stopped comfort eating. The first stone or so I lost without really noticing. It was when other people started to notice that I started to make an actual effort to lose weight, because people saying I'd lost weight and was looking better made me feel good about myself. :)

Hi Zoe- I think you are amazing to have lost the weight you have without going to a club or anything.

Sounds like you have this under control now and that last stone will just fall away if you keep up your exercise etc.

I think its great that you have taken action when you are still young so that you can enjoy the gorgeous, new, slim you - not that you probably weren't gorgeous before.... :)

Let us know how you are doing.

LRO x

Welcome Zoe and well done on losing the weight so far. You've also still got some growing to do at your age - and could gain an inch or 2 in height and find that you'll be at the right weight then!

Keep up with the exercising - gentle every day exercise that you enjoy works better than forcing yourself to do a workout that you hate and will end up giving up on.

Welcome to minimins, our friendly forum. You've come soo far. Well done on the weight you already loss. You must be so proud of yourself. Good luck on losing those last few lbs.

Welcome to Minimins :)

Well done on losing the weight on your own, that is a fantastic acheivement. Good luck losing the last few lbs x

Well done you thats fantastic, thats what i am aiming for! You will have no trouble hitting your target by christmas hun, then think of all the fab new clothes u can get!
I have an aim for xmas too, so fingers crossed!

Back