New :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by radicore, 13 October 2008 Social URL.

1. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi I'm Zoe :)

I think I'm pretty young compared to most people here (I'm only fifteen), but I thought this site would be helpful with my weight loss. I've been overweight since I was about eight or nine, as I take after my dad's side of the family (all of which of obese) and have always been prone to comfort eating.

At the start of this year, I was about 13 stone, which is pretty big considering I'm only 5'2". I'm now down to 9 1/2 - 10 stone (It seems to vary from week to week), and I hopefully want to get down to 8 1/2 - 9 stone. I'm struggling to lose those last 10 - 15lbs though, which is why I joined this site. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xowee-shortieox

xowee-shortieox Slowly Shrinking. Yay!!

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    105kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    6kg(5.39%)
    Diet:
    Not Following One
    Hi Zoe.
    Welcome To The Site.
    Good To Have you Aboard Matey.. Argggggg.
    Sorry have a weird sense of humour.
    Well Done, On Not Being Obese Like your dads side of the family.
    I too take after my dads side, and Im slowing losing weight, But it must be a great acheivement for you event still :D
    Good Luck

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:welcome: to minimins :)

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Well done for losing all those pounds. And good luck with the few you still want to lose

Irene xx

6. miss_unknown

miss_unknown Banned

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet, what diet?
    Hiya zoe, welcome to the site and ya will get help on here just keep posting and let us know how ya are getting on. Congrats with your weight loss, how did ya go about losing the amount that ya did?

7. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Weird as it is, the trigger was actually dropping out of public school. I'm homeschooled now, but for a few months at the start of the year I wasn't in any kind of education, so I had a lot of free time. Sitting around the house all day got boring fast, so I started going out for walks and bike rides and such (something I didn't like doing usually because I hated running into people I know, but seeing as they were all in school, I didn't have to worry about it). Because I wasn't in school anymore, I wasn't so miserable, and I stopped comfort eating. The first stone or so I lost without really noticing. It was when other people started to notice that I started to make an actual effort to lose weight, because people saying I'd lost weight and was looking better made me feel good about myself. :)

8. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Zoe- I think you are amazing to have lost the weight you have without going to a club or anything.

Sounds like you have this under control now and that last stone will just fall away if you keep up your exercise etc.

I think its great that you have taken action when you are still young so that you can enjoy the gorgeous, new, slim you - not that you probably weren't gorgeous before.... :)

Let us know how you are doing.

LRO x

9. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Welcome Zoe and well done on losing the weight so far. You've also still got some growing to do at your age - and could gain an inch or 2 in height and find that you'll be at the right weight then!

Keep up with the exercising - gentle every day exercise that you enjoy works better than forcing yourself to do a workout that you hate and will end up giving up on.

10. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    S&S
    Welcome to minimins, our friendly forum. You've come soo far. Well done on the weight you already loss. You must be so proud of yourself. Good luck on losing those last few lbs.

11. radicore

radicore Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(22.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thank you everyone for the welcome. :)

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  13. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Well done on losing the weight on your own, that is a fantastic acheivement. Good luck losing the last few lbs x

14. Sammy84

Sammy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.73%)
    Diet:
    Eating Sensibly and Exercise
    Well done you thats fantastic, thats what i am aiming for! You will have no trouble hitting your target by christmas hun, then think of all the fab new clothes u can get!
    I have an aim for xmas too, so fingers crossed!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.