Newb

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
Hey

Thought I'd say hi, I'm starting s&s tomorrow and I'm a little nervous.
I did cambridge last year and lost 1.5 stone in 3 weeks but then I started to struggle and as more things went wrong in life the more I turned back to comfort food and here I am 3 months later having gained back my 18lbs:whoopass:. I'm not in a particularly good place mind wise but I figure If I can mange when I'm a low point then maybe if something major happens it won't completely knock me off track,

I'm a bit nervous about the shakes to be honest, with cambridge I lived of mint choc shakes and nothing else but I liked them. I've tasted the chocolate one and I didn't like it much too strong maybe, might need to experiment with some more water in it. I'm not the most adventurous with flavours so i tend to stick with chocolate or vanilla and I don't like soup although I am intriged by the crispy shakes, is it just a shake with bits in?

I'm going on holiday for the first time in about 6 weeks and to be honest I'm dreading it, the heat, the plane, the thought of not fitting in the plane mostly. I obviously don't have enough time to completely fix that issue but every little helps I guess.

So I start at a horribly even 24stone :cry::ashamed0005:

Good luck! I started at nearly 22 stone in July last year and lost 60lbs in the first 15 weeks... I was by no means an angel!!! If you stick to it then it works.... But you know that :)

Welcome on board. Don't be nervous, be excited, this plan is life changing :). This forum is all the support you need, there is always someone around who can help out. I'm the biggest eater of emotions going - have you tried reading The Beck Diet Solution? It's working really well with me, I'm even starting to believe that I can actually keep this weight off, I've not been this light since I was a teenager. And I've been no angel on this either so far, but it's all a learning process in the right direction.

Do experiment with the packs, a little less water works well for some, a little more for others, but it's a personal thing - I prefer mac cheese and oatmeal with less, all of the shakes with a lot more, except chocolate, I make up a mug full then heat it up for a hot chocolate and it's lovely. The crispie shakes - not my thing at all, it's shakes with teeny rice crispie like things in them, but many people love them! The soups are good, but again, it's what you like. My tastes change all the time, tomato used to be my favourite, but I had one today and didn't enjoy it one bit, I'm back into chicken again, went off that a few weeks back...

Anyhow, welcome once again, here's to you on your way to a new thinner you :)

Welcome :) And Good luck, I'll be with you every step of the way! I am starting tomorrow too, so excited but nervous too I have a long road ahead but knowing there is such a support network here makes it much easier!

Best of luck for tomorrow and if your looking for some extra support I'll be there :)

Welcome and good luck! S&S is, I think, much nicer than Cambridge. The packs are nicer, they're less powdery and there's more variety so you're bound to find something that you like. How about ordered the sample pack so you get all different flavours to try? At least that way if you don't like something, you only have once of it.

Where are you off on holiday to? It's great motivation, you could easily lose 2 stone by then!

Back