Extra Easy Newbie advice please

bug2008

Hi I started extra easy on Monday!

My husband joined class as he wanted to go to get the info as I have previously been (when just red and green) and he questioned all the rules, so opted to go himself!
We can't afford both of us to attend class and I have him and lots of support and someone I have to show result of scales too weekly!
Anyway like most newbies in struggling with the amount I'm allowed to eat so wanted to share my past 2 days to check I got it right really with a couple of questions at the end!
Monday
Breakfast - 35g no added sugar muesli (heb) and milk (hea) with 5 grapes chopped)
Lunch - normal size bowl of tuna pasta and sweet corn with extra light mayo (syns), a muller light
Tea - large jacket and baby jacket potato with baked beans and homemade sw coleslaw using extra light mayo (2syns)
Snacks- bag of baked star crisps (4.5 syns) and bowl if grapes and strawberries

Drinks 1.5 litre no added sugar squash and 0.5 litre mug of tea with sweetner and milk left over from hea

Tues
Breakfast - 35g raisin wheats (heb) with blueberries and strawberries and milk (hea)
Lunch - mug shot, apple and cherry muller light
Tea - roast chicken, mash potato half plate with petit pois peas, carrots, broccoli and gravy (2syns)
Snacks - grapes and blueberries (afternoon) baked crisps (4.5syns) and grapes and strawberries (evening)

Drinks - 1.5 litre no added sugar squash, mug of tea

So the questions.....
An I eating too much? Not enough? When portioning your free foods etc how much really can u have tomorrow I wanted chicken fried rice was going to pack with spring onion and peas but do I have a large plate full (I'm a complete carb fiend) or do I opt for a small bowl?

Syns, I had 8.5 and 6.5 should i be aiming less or more or where I am

Thanks for taking the time to reAd and if u reply thanks in advance

Bug2008
Xxx

Your food diaries look ok apart from a few points. Sweetcorn and peas aren't superfree food, it's a free food, but not superfree and on extra easy you HAVE to have 1/3 plate superfree else you won't be following the plan 100%. I can't look over the healthy extra Bs though as I am exempt from having my B choice (consultant and regional manager approved).

There is no portion control on extra easy, but my advice is eat until you are satisfied. Not until you are full to bursting point. If you wanted a whole plate full of chicken fried rice, have it. Bulk it out with more mushrooms, onions.. or even throw in some stir fry veg that you can buy frozen from places like Asda.

Syn wise, I would use all 15 for now. When your losses hit a plateau or when you're struggling to lose those last few pounds, you won't have anything to cut back on if you're already low now :)

It is to bulk plate out! You'll soon get in the habit of cramming delicious veggies into everything you cook. My top tip is loads of grated carrot in minced beef bolegnaise. It cooks down and makes the sauce really sweet and yummy. X

Most people have too little food potions when they start SW! I usually work on 50g per person of rice, pasta etc, 50-75g chicken, meats etc. Lots of superfree choices out there just have your 1/3 with each meal.
As an example I have beans, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, 2 toast, coffee & an apple for breakfast most days. Usually a chicken & rice dinner such as my peanut butter curry & a lighter supper such as a spaghetti carbonara! I have lost 7st! (follow the link below for my recipes & ideas, Index on page 74)
Pete

Back