Newbie Alert!! Introduction and a few questions please...

Hi All, on day three of attack, not experienced headache, but still getting hunger pangs! so making the most of the "unlimited" rule!! hope that doesn't slow things down!
So far I've lost 4lbs, so quite amazed and pleased as I seem to be eating tons!
I have the ketone test sticks and they are showing no sign of ketosis yet, which might explain the hunger?
Hope ketosis kicks in soon!

We do advise new people particularly to post their menus, preferably in advance so that we can catch any errors potentially.

Normally, by the end of day three, one would be in a light ketosis but few of us here (if any) waste money on those stix. Dukan doesn't go there. Just stick to as pure as possible protein, and you'll get there. Eating unlimited quantities of the pure protein will only help your weight loss. Dairy overloads can cause a stall though so add a boiled egg/chicken breast if you're ravenous at a strange time rather than another four yoghurts ;)

Walking daily is brilliant for the old mind, I find, and doing it first thing as I do has helped me stick to the straight and narrow more than once rather than waste all that effort! I bet that 20 min walk will soon only take 10!

Good luck, and keep posting! (Particularly menus!). Six days' attack really is a lot for the old body to handle, and your intestines won't thank you for continuing! I'd even go so far as to say five would be fine, then move onto alternating PV and PP days.

Hope you're eating your oatbran :D

Definately eating the oat bran, I love it! I have it as porridge in the mornings, and I wish we could have more than 1 1/2 tablespoons!
Somethings working as I've lost 4lbs in 3 days! :)

I'm also eating my oat bran!
I use 1tbsp with skimmed milk and Splenda for porridge for breakfast and half tbsp in a galette for lunch.

Looking foward to going on cruise and having 2 tbsp a day.

Still getting headaches, but then I am prone to them.
I also went for my 20 min walk today and my legs really ached on the way home.
Is this usual? I usually walk for 1hr 30mins twice a week so was surprised my legs ached after such a short walk. :confused:

Are you weighing yourself daily red heart? I have been as the book advised it, but not sure if you do that in cruise phase too?
Re- legs, I've noticed fatigue too, push through it, just don't over do it x
Sounds like you are doing fab x

I don't remember my legs aching in attack - but it makes sense that they might, as before going into ketosis the stores of glycogen in muscles (and liver) are depleted.

I don't remember my legs aching in attack - but it makes sense that they might, as before going into ketosis the stores of glycogen in muscles (and liver) are depleted.

Well, I went for a 1 hr 30 mins walk yesterday and no aching legs. :)
It was just on Day 3 of attack when they ached after a 20 min walk. It soon went, though.

Well Day 6 (and final :D) day of Attack!

I finally managed to go to the loo for the first time since Wednesday (sorry if TMI) but it was concerning me as I am usually at least a once, more often a twice, a day girl. Again sorry if TMI but there wasn't a great deal of it. :eek: Is that usual?

Tonight for dinner I am making burgers.
I've got Extra Lean Steak Mince which is under 5% fat, will use an egg to bind and, as I can't use onions just yet, I am going to use chives in their place. What quantity of chives would you use to replicate 1 onion please? It's not like I can yaste it until it's too late to add more!

I made tandoori chicken yesterday - tandoori spice with FF natural yoghurt marinated overnight. It was delicious and I will definitely do it again. :clap:

Have a good day everyone xx

If you equalled onion with chives it would be too much for attack. Try a good dollop of mixed herbs, black pepper and a clove of garlic squashed down to fine pulp. Or ab bit of chili pdr. And put the chives on as a sprinkle after so they taste more oniony.
You don't need an egg unless you really want it in there, just squash the burgers together well with your hand to bring it together. Then you can dryfry or poach the egg and have it on top!

Topaz is right - if you cook the chives like you would the onion you will lose the oniony taste anyway - so sprinkle on them fresh on the top just before you eat, and get a lovely oniony flavour hit

If you equalled onion with chives it would be too much for attack. Try a good dollop of mixed herbs, black pepper and a clove of garlic squashed down to fine pulp. Or ab bit of chili pdr. And put the chives on as a sprinkle after so they taste more oniony.
You don't need an egg unless you really want it in there, just squash the burgers together well with your hand to bring it together. Then you can dryfry or poach the egg and have it on top!

Thanks for your tips!
Never thought about having a dry fried egg on top. That's a much better way to use the egg. Oo I can't wait now... :D

Weigh in this morning...
I lost 6.4lbs. :happy036:
I'm really pleased with that as I didn't cheat once - not even when hubby brought home 2 punnets of strawberries!
Now onto Cruise today and my first PV day.
I must admit that, although I am looking forward to eating veg again, I am wary of undoing all my hard work.
I suppose everyone feels like that though.
Have a great day xx :)

although I am looking forward to eating veg again, I am wary of undoing all my hard work.
I suppose everyone feels like that though.

Think of it this way - Cruise is where the real weight lose starts.

In Attack you see dramatic results as your body uses up its store of glycogen and sheds excess water.

Now, in Cruise you actually start to lose the store of fat; with glycogen gone, and no carbs to replenish it you will be burning of fat to provide the energy to move, think, stay warm - even to sleep. Every single day.

Well done - and good luck.

Mummypower and Red Mich, just wondered how you were both getting on with Cruise? xx

Back