*Newbie Alert* ;)

Avery.Liz

Hello everyone! I was searching for weight loss support forums (thank you Google!) and found this lovely site. I think it will be a great resource for me.

I'm a 13 going on 14 year old girl (probably on the young end here), high-school student from the USA who stands at five foot seven and weighs just around 165 pounds. I'm looking to do more than just lose weight. I want (NEED!) to make a life-style change, I'd love to be more active and healthy.

I was the average girl growing up, maybe just a little heavy after a while, but at about the sixth grade I really started putting on the pounds. Grade seven was probably the worst year, as far as taking care of myself. Grade eight, I was still gradually gaining weight, even more so without participating gym class or soccer. Now, I'm ready to make a change. Summer seems like the time to find yourself and come back a new person.

The problem is... about a month has already passed with no action. I'm one of those "I'll start tomorrow" kind of people. I try, but when I screw up the whole diet or exercise plan just goes out the window. I've only got just under two months, if that, to make some changes.

Well, a little bit about me. I'm a really shy, quiet, braniac type of person. Probably your stereotypical geek, haha! Taking AP classes, glasses, acne, marching band. ;) Even my closest friends say they don't know me well. I'm looking to try new things and be more outgoing. I was very athletic and too competitive for my own good, and I want to get back to that.

By the looks of things, I think I'll really enjoy it here. The support means the world. :)

-Avery.Liz

Last edited:
Hi, and thank you for the welcome! :)
I am not consulting my doctor, though I know I probably should be. I'm doing this the healthy way though; good old fashioned calorie counting and exercise.

Congrats on your own weight loss and such adorable grandchildren!

Hi, and welcome!

It's good you're looking at ways to be healthier and combining more exercise with healthy foods. I hope you don't mind me saying that i think you should take it easy with dieting as your body will still be growing. My sister who is a year older than you, grew so tall in the last year and all her puppy fat disappeared without her doing anything different.

Hope you don't think I'm being patronising, I just think you sound like a lovely girl who is clearly clever and bright. It's a lot if pressure to put yourself under to diet and try to change yourself in two months.

Consulting your doctor is probably the best thing to do and I'm sure they will be able to give you advice on the safest way of getting yourself as healthy as you want to be.

X

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. :)
I'm not too overweight, pounds wise, but I'm extremely out of shape, which is probably more of what I'm working on. I'm slowly easing myself into this, but probably have some unrealistic goals.

Hello welcome to the forum hope you find all the help your looking for here :)
And i don't believe your a band geek lol i've seen American Pie and what they get upto at band camp ;)

Back