Newbie.... and advice please!

carla

Hello all,

My name is Carla and I am 2 1/2 weeks into lighterlife. The first week I had a great loss of 7 1/2 pounds, but last week, my stick didn't change colour and I had only lost 2 pounds. I have been weighing myself this week and I think this week will only be 2 pounds again! Feeling very despondant as I think what's the point if i'm only having 500 calories a day and only losing 2 pounds a week!!!. :cry:

Since Saturday I have been feeling very cold again so hoping that this means I am back in fat burning mode. Did this slow start happen to anyone else? I have started swimming to try and speed things up, but any other advice welcome.

Thanks very much.

Carla

Hiya Carla,
Welcome to Mini's :D

9 1/2 pounds in two weeks is pretty good going :D try not to get too hung up on the weekly losses, instead look at them over a month... Your stick may not have changed colour for a few reasons, had you just had a pack, or drunk lots of water? either way try not to get too hung on those either, so long as you are following the programme the pounds will drop off.. :)

Keep shaking :p

The average weight loss a month is 1 stone so you are well on the way to reaching this.

I lost 2lbs in my second week as well. At the time I was gutted but the following weeks did make up for it. Try not to weigh yourself at home, your scales will read different to the ones at your meeting and I think it only serves to demotivate you. Chin up, you're doing a grand job!

Gemma xx

Please don't believe your scales at home, I weigh myself constantly, even though I know I shouldn't.
I get very despondant when they don't budge for days.
I think that I haven't lost any weight, then when I WI at LL I find I've lost more than I thought.

Thanks guys - you've really helped! Next WI is tomorrow night, so here's hoping....

Hi

I've not done more than 1 1/2 pounds a week for the last 3 weeks. However I have been losing around the hips FINALLY and it looks like I have already lost more than a pound already this week.

Keep going it is still quicker than any other diet and it will catch up.

Suzy

Back