Newbie.... and advice please!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by carla, 7 May 2007 Social URL.

1. carla

carla Full Member

Hello all,

My name is Carla and I am 2 1/2 weeks into lighterlife. The first week I had a great loss of 7 1/2 pounds, but last week, my stick didn't change colour and I had only lost 2 pounds. I have been weighing myself this week and I think this week will only be 2 pounds again! Feeling very despondant as I think what's the point if i'm only having 500 calories a day and only losing 2 pounds a week!!!. :cry:

Since Saturday I have been feeling very cold again so hoping that this means I am back in fat burning mode. Did this slow start happen to anyone else? I have started swimming to try and speed things up, but any other advice welcome.

Thanks very much.

Carla

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Hiya Carla,
    Welcome to Mini's :D

9 1/2 pounds in two weeks is pretty good going :D try not to get too hung up on the weekly losses, instead look at them over a month... Your stick may not have changed colour for a few reasons, had you just had a pack, or drunk lots of water? either way try not to get too hung on those either, so long as you are following the programme the pounds will drop off.. :)

Keep shaking :p

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    The average weight loss a month is 1 stone so you are well on the way to reaching this.

5. chinchilla

chinchilla Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I lost 2lbs in my second week as well. At the time I was gutted but the following weeks did make up for it. Try not to weigh yourself at home, your scales will read different to the ones at your meeting and I think it only serves to demotivate you. Chin up, you're doing a grand job!

Gemma xx

6. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    Please don't believe your scales at home, I weigh myself constantly, even though I know I shouldn't.
    I get very despondant when they don't budge for days.
    I think that I haven't lost any weight, then when I WI at LL I find I've lost more than I thought.

7. carla

carla Full Member

Thanks guys - you've really helped! Next WI is tomorrow night, so here's hoping....

8. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    If you have been 100% you should lose weight......!

Good luck for tomorrow

9. SuzyA

SuzyA Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi

I've not done more than 1 1/2 pounds a week for the last 3 weeks. However I have been losing around the hips FINALLY and it looks like I have already lost more than a pound already this week.

Keep going it is still quicker than any other diet and it will catch up.

Suzy

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.