Newbie, and definitely a WeMITT!

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by LaLaLou, 8 August 2009 Social URL.

1. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi everyone!

I'm Louise, and I'm new on here. My weight's finally got to a point where I've though, "Right, I can't keep on like this, I NEED to do something and I need to do it now!"

I've got a great deal to lose, and I think this is probably the place for me to find some support, as well as hopefully support some other people too :)

I have around 120lbs to lose before I'll really feel happy with myself I think. It's a huge amount, but I am so determined this time. Plus my mum has a similar amount to lose, maybe more, so we also have each other for support and encouragement.

Well, I've rambled long enough now, but just wanted to introduce myself to the board.

Louise xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Hi Louise and welcome to Minimins. You have made a great start deciding to come on here - you will find lots of information, inspiration, support and encouragement whenever you need it.

What plan are you going to try?

4. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Barb,

I've decided to start calorie counting, rather than following a specific plan. I'm cutting out all the obvious "baddies" eg chips (potato fries) high fat foods, chocolate, crisps, and takeaways. My diet is so bad atm, so I'm introducing alot of salad and steamed veg, lean meat, grains and some fruit. Oh, and drinking a load of water per day!

Can I ask what plan you're on?

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Welcome. and good luck to you both.

I followed WW first and recently moved to SW. As long as it works then it's the right diet for you

Irene xx

6. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks for the welcome Irene, and well done on your weightloss, you must be chuffed! Can see I *might* become a bit addicted to this site, lol, there are so many sub-forums I'm getting lost.

PS Small question, but whenever I try to upload an avatar pic it won't let me, do I have to have a certain number of posts to do this?!

Louise xx

7. drylaw

drylaw Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st8lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st4lb(-1.24%)
    Diet:
    W8
    welcome louise
    irene is right whatever plan you decide to do it will be right for you as you've made the choice to do something yes this site does become a bit addictive but id rather be typing or reading on here than shoving something in my mouth
    think you need a few more posts to upload an avatar

8. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi Louise and welcome to Minis :D
    xx

9. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone, hope to get to know you all a bit better. Found the threads re: siggies, avatars etc so bit more clued up on that stuff :)

10. Neen

Neen On a mission !

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(23.43%)
    Diet:
    Gastric band/Slimming World
    Hi Louise, I think you're definately in the right place for good support and advice. I have a long way left to go as well, try and focus on the positives and take a stone at a time. That helps it feel a lot more do-able for me. I have got into the habit of buying cheap jeans a few sizes down at a time and concentrating on getting into each smaller pair as a mini goal as well.
    All the best on your journey!

11. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Neen! I've contemplated buying an outfit in a much smaller size as a sort of target. I think I might have to do that!

12. Neen

Neen On a mission !

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(23.43%)
    Diet:
    Gastric band/Slimming World
    No worries:) I reckon go one size down, something really cheap off ebay or from a sale. Reason being , if you can wiggle in it a bit, it's not too daunting and then when you fit in it properly (in a fairly short time) you will feel really encouraged and pleased with yourself. It's good for getting you motivated for the next mini goal.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.