Newbie and unmotivated

Hi all New to the forum as I need a kick up the bum Been doing SW for months now and only managed to keep off half a stone I feel so unmotivated at the moment and fed up!!! My weakness is wine, guess I get into the habit of a glass or 2 most nights I came back off holiday about 3 weeks ago and I had gained 3lb, didn't go last week and I am dreading the scales I don't really cook well so if any easy recipes I can make would be greatly appreciated Sorry for the rant ?

Last edited:
Hello. It can be really difficult to stay motivated. I used to attend group but wasn't too keen on my consultant so I decided to go it alone so now I weigh myself at home and record it. I've only started back properly this week so fingers crossed I can do it this time. I plan my meals on Friday too so I have my shopping for the week. I'm a rubbish cook but find following the recipes ok especially the ones on here. I've read about a Big Mac in a bowl recipe which sounds right up my street lol!

Keep going we can do this!!

Hello. It can be really difficult to stay motivated. I used to attend group but wasn't too keen on my consultant so I decided to go it alone so now I weigh myself at home and record it. I've only started back properly this week so fingers crossed I can do it this time. I plan my meals on Friday too so I have my shopping for the week. I'm a rubbish cook but find following the recipes ok especially the ones on here. I've read about a Big Mac in a bowl recipe which sounds right up my street lol!

Keep going we can do this!!

Thanks Hun! Going to group tomorrow and back on it, though Friday & Saturday are worst days for me as I usually go out for a few drinks I will try to include in my syns - good luck to you xx

I also like a glass of wine in the evening, I tried putting less wine in my glass but I felt deprived & cheated, what I do now is I have 'mid week' glass it holds 100mls which I count as 3.5 syns I no longer feel cheated or deprived as I have a glass or two of wine most eves. I bought my glasses from the charity shop, you could try smaller glasses & see if that helps ;)

I also like a glass of wine in the evening, I tried putting less wine in my glass but I felt deprived & cheated, what I do now is I have 'mid week' glass it holds 100mls which I count as 3.5 syns I no longer feel cheated or deprived as I have a glass or two of wine most eves. I bought my glasses from the charity shop, you could try smaller glasses & see if that helps ;)

That's a brilliant idea!! Thank you! I feel much more positive now! Xx

Back