Newbie: any tips/advice?

Hiya. Well, I'm new to all this, so any advice from those of you who have been at it a while will be very much appreciated. I'm on day 4 today, feeling ok and looking forward to being a slimmer me. I don't drink tea or coffee, but I read in one of the threads that peppermint tea was ok. Is this right? I know that fruit teas are a no-no...

hi,
Peppermint tea is ok and lots and lots of water. It'll keep you feelinf full and will also get you into the habit of drinking water when you're finished tfr.
Keeping busy and doing light exercise gets me through. Sometimes if i'm really cold and can't drink water cold I heat it up and have it warm.
Try and mix up your shakes as much as possible so you don't get stuck on the same one. I used to add crushed ice to the strwberry/vanilla shakes. I know some people add pepper to the soup and coffee to the vanilla. I hope that helps a bit.

my advice would be to carry a bottle of water around with you! sometimes i look down and my bottle is empty! i didnt even realise i had drank it! haha

Hi, I was going to put the thread of recipes but couldn't find it, so copied an old thread of recipes which may be of interest to you to give you variety. My own advice is to ensure that you drink the water. Hope it helps.

Smoothie
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water, and your food pack in a Smoothie Maker and blend for approx. 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious cold frothy whatever flavour you like.

Bar of Chocolate!
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack! Mix pack with a bit of water till you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more. It really tastes quite like chocolate!

Variation : Use half chocolate and half vanilla for a Mars bar!
Chocolate Biscuit
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for 2.30 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolatey biscuit with a “dunking” texture.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Chocolate Custard
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70 mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes a lovely hot chocolate custard.

Hot ChocoMint
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a chocolate pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx. 20 secs and stir (better if you whisk with an aerolatte) – Divine!

Soups
Chicken Stuffing
Mix as you would do for a chocolate muffin but use a packet of chicken soup instead. Cook in microwave for 1.40 secs or more or less depending on how dry you like it.

Poppadom’s
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.

Crisps

Mix a soup pack, black pepper, salt and Tabasco to paste using sparkling water. Spoon tiny bite size pieces onto some baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Put in the microwave for approx 1 min depending on the power of your microwave – mine is 900 watts and I put them in for 1 min. If you wish you can shake some salt over them when they are finished.

I asked the LP people why the foods tasted so awful - they replied that if they tasted good you would probably eat too many. I think they have a point. I think it is best to use the opportunity of having horrid tasting food to get used to the idea of eating less and not overdoing it.

wow good tips!

Thanks you lot. Brilliant tips. I love all the recipe ideas, I'll certainly be givung those a go.

Hi, I was going to put the thread of recipes but couldn't find it, so copied an old thread of recipes which may be of interest to you to give you variety. My own advice is to ensure that you drink the water. Hope it helps.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Oh my goodness, I just tried this and it was revolting! :cry:

What did I do wrong??

I just tried the popadom suggestion, that wasn't too great either. Could you put then in an oven instead of the microwave? The edges of it were super crispy but the centre was soggy. Barf.

Hey girls... I`m the same with those 2 recipes... hated them... but each to their own eh lol XX

Back