Newbie... Any tips on exercise??

Gingery

Hi there everyone.

I joined the online Slimming World yesterday and I'm starting it in earnest today.

I'm trying to plan my week with a combination of Original and Easy days to start with.

The thing that concerns me is that I've only tried one diet in the past and the first time I ate something that I shouldn't I put nearly all the weight back on!!! (I was only on it for a couple of weeks). I can't remember what it was called but it focused on reducing carbs to practically zero etc.

I'm planning my week and the food I'll be eating seems practically the same so I'm concerned the same thing will happen.

In addition, I want to get fit and stronger so I am planning in lots of exercise. I'm concerned I'm going too overboard and it will ultimately have a detrimental effect.

Can you take things too far on SW???:confused:

Make changes slowly so your body has time to catch up with the changes. There isn't many foods you can't eat within your daily 15 syns allowance other than the obvious takeaways etc. you shouldn't activley be reducing carbs on SW unless you don't particularly like them and intend always eating like that. However you start should be the way you end as this is about a lifetime change of eating habits Good luck with your journey.xx

My Consultant often stresses that SW sucess is about everything in moderation.

I do Extra Easy and I could not see me maintaining by red or green, it just doesn't seem 'normal' to me and is the reason I've avoided SW previously.

As for the exercise, the body magic guide helps you build up at your own pace. I am on Platimum now and am in the gym at least 3 or 4 days a week doing swimming, spinning and body pump. I am now looking at c25k running but was unsure however, based on what another poster has just said, I will be giving it a go.

Back