Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbie but 3 weeks in and need help!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by bexter121, 9 October 2011 Social URL.

1. bexter121

bexter121 New Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    So....I started off really well. Did the attach phase and lost 12.5lb!!! 2nd week of cruise went really well too, I lost another 6.5lb wooooooo!!

....And then the day of the 3rd week started.. I got the flu :( I have been ill all week and not really sticking to the diet, and the scales showed it today ... +5.5 lb :eek::cry:

Tomorrow I plan to jump right back on the 'diet wagon' but im panicking as im already back to craving foods I can't have just like before e.g. bread. I'm in need of some motivation to get me back on track :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cheryl7

cheryl7 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hope you're feeling better now. The weight gain could be water retention as a result of your flu. Try not to beat yourself up about it too much. Personally I'd get straight back into the PP/PV routine. I know someone on an earlier thread had fallen of the diet wagon and did 2x PP to jump start the diet again and it worked for them.

Good luck :)

4. bexter121

bexter121 New Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yes, I'm feeling better than before, just a bit guilty after todays weigh-in..I could almost hear the scales tutting at me! but that sounds like a good idea and hopefully should help lose any water that I have retained. Thank you!!

5. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yep, I went off plan while I had a really awful cold, put on 2lbs, did a few PP days and they were off again! Whatever you do don't get into that, 'Oh well, I've cheated now so I may as well have some bread etc' and don't allow yourself to get into that nasty guilt-ridden thing...Just wake up tomorrow *if you're over your flu* and start again from scratch! You will get rid of that 5lbs and more... Just don't fall of the wagon x

6. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Both times I've had a slip up and gained I lost it all after doing 2 PP days, don't worry or give up u will get back on track!! You've done amazingly so far keep thinking how much u could lose on another 3 weeks and stay motivated !

7. bexter121

bexter121 New Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thank you all so much for your advice! You are all right, tomorrow is a new day, im going to do 2 days of pp and a spot of extra walking to get back on track. Watch this space :)

8. -Pudding-

-Pudding- Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I had some carbs last week on one day when I was away working and gained a few pounds - it's gone again now though. I don't think you can lay down fat that quickly, I think it's water retention when it goes on that fast.

Just do a couple of PPs and I bet it comes off :)

9. Teddy67

Teddy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    as others have said - as soon as you feel better dust yourself down and carry on... you have done amazingly well in a short space of time - you will feel loads better once your back in the routine

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.