Attack Newbie - can you help!

lular

Hello there - I am new to this site and to Dukan, having only started the attack phase yesterday. I got on the scales this morning and actually weigh 1/4 lb more than I did yesterday morning! This was my menu that I had yesterday;

Breakfast
2 scambled eggs with skimmed milk
Lean Ham x 4 slices

Lunch
Cottage Cheese 0% fat
Turkey breast - no fat
natural yoghurt 0% fat with sweetner
16 crab stix

Dinner
Salmon Steak cooked in the oven with herbs
Oatbran x 1tbsp
1 egg / skim milk
2 x SF jelly (230g)

Tea with SM x 3 cups
2 x diet coke
6 glasses of water

have I done something wrong? I note this morning that I should only have up to 8 crab stix per day, so will cut this down, but surely this would not have an increase affect?

Any tips from Attackers greatly welcomed!

Lular x

Hi Lular

Welcome to the forum!!!

1/4lb!!!! I'm soooo glad my scales don't do fractions!!! LOL!!

Give it time, your body needs to adjust to the new regime, your menu looks OK to me, and you've already checked the crab stick thing.

You wait and see, by the end of attack, you will wonder what you were worried about!

Good luck x

Hi :)

I'm quite new on here too!!

Maybe try and up your water intake. I notice that if I have tea and diet coke I tend to gain water rather than if I just drink big standard water from a tap lol!

Good luck! I'm sure the lbs will be soon melting away! Xxx

I find that weight can fluctuate from day to day. I have had days where I gain and I get really peed off and depressed about it. You just need to plod on with it, drink plenty, exercise and it WILL come off. Try and use the :sick0019: before getting on the scales too!! :D

Also - I have been eating today Lean roast chicken slices from M&S but just noticed that they contain Potato starch ..... Good news is that there is no sugar or dextrose! am I being naugty here as well? It is quite hard trying to sort through all the different types of "lean" meat and "low cal" dairy!

Also I saw your SF Jelly numbers....you said 2 is that two full jellies, or two portions of one jelly. We are allowed up to 3 portions a day, most jellies say they make 4 portions.

Crabstix obviously which you have noticed.

However, don't loose hope. The thing is you might be eating more calories with the above than you were before, esp if you were already following a diet, but remember that with no carbs going into your body its soon gonna start using the carbs within your body and therefore lose weight.

TOTM can have a bad influence on loss, also mid month hormone rage can sometimes bloat.

Keep going. How long are you on attack for?

Oh and don't forget to have your full bran allowances each day, it is designed to help with the cholestrol and other issues.

I would say 16 crab sticks are too much too. I would also agree that you should drink more water - I have a 2 litre bottle and tell myself that I can only have a Pepsi max once I've finished my water :) - then I limit that at 1 a day.
Have you thought about replacing tea with green tea? xxx keep going, results will show soon!!

Hi - thanks for your posts. I have actually bought the robinsons pots of jelly which are 115g each. I read somwhere that you can have up to 300g a day?
My menu today is as follows;
Breakfast
2 x scmbled eggs
Lean ham

Lunch
Lrge can of Tuna in spring water
1 x HB egg
FF yoghurt with oat bran & splenda

Dinner
I large rump steak with 1 small red onion
1 chicken breast with skin off
1 jelly

Diet coke
tea w/ SM x 2
LOTS of water

I am weighing myself in the morning so fingers crossed! Any comments on the above and what I should/should not be doing would be mucho appreciado! x

Hi lular , it's just as the other girlies suggest however when I done attack ham lean or not was not allowed and packed meats are dukan dangerous they are packed with loads of hidden nasties :) try without them for a few days see how you go. Good luck x

Ah I see what you say about the Jellies, make sure they are lo sugar though. It might be worth buying the hartleys sugar free and makign your own. They are about 55p for two packs. I buy asda own which are 4 for £1 at the moment.

oatbran and fluids........all important.

I know some people don't drink too much coke or coffee and stick to the water, but Dr D does say in his book that he recommends Diet/Zero Cokes that it helps towards the fluids, but it must be 1cal per drink. I buy Aldi coke zero.

i worked out that I needed to have 6 cups/beakers of fluid a day to reach the 1.5ltr mark. I actually have 3 coffees, 3 cokes, 1 water and 1 hot choc every day, so I am already having 2 litres of fluid a day.

There are loads of recipes on here and a google search will bring up more, its worth having a collection so you're not eating the same roast chicken or fried steak all the time LOL. Fishcakes. Chicken Muffins, quiches, beefburgers, all very yum. (all homemade)

woo hoo, well done. thats great news. I lost this morning too after two days of gains, its a rollercoaster but we'll get there in the end. keep it up hunni x

Lular great loss keep it up xxx

Thanks for your help guys. Today not such a good day in terms of eating a lot as I had a bit of a turn for the worse this arvo..

B/Fast
2 eggs w/skim milk
smoked salmon

Lunch
1 chicken breast marinaded in mustard powder/ water and herbs
portion of king prawns

Dinner
2 egg omelette
Ham and onion
Total 0% greek yoghurt with vanilla extract (2 drops) and splenda and oat bran (YUK)

Drinks
1 x diet coke
LOTS of water
2 x tea w/skim milk

After the prawns I felt sick and could not eat any more this afternoon so was starving when I got home from work at 8 this evening and made myself eat:-(

I got on teh scales when I got home from work and had actually gained 1lb since this morning :-(((((((

Nnnooooo don't ever weigh at night, you will ALWAYS weigh more than a morning, its a known fact.

as for eating, you might be suffering a bit of the dukan flu. Some people suffer in the attack phase, and feel a bit flu like symptoms. It will pass hun, keep up the fluids and try the oatbran different ways. Porridge is good. I really like it.

Hi Lular

Sooooo glad you have now had a loss!!! If you follow it correctly, this diet can't NOT work!!

Well done x

Back