Newbie diary who is more determined to loose weight than anyone.

chug

Silver Member
Hi all

Well this is my first time I'm having ago at slimming world. So please help me lol. I'm doing this from home so I have found the list of foods on the internet. So officially I'm going to be starting tomorrow so tonight I'm going to make a plan for the week. I will post my start weight tomorrow.

Can I be cheeky and ask if I put say 3 days up can someone please check that I'm doing it right and please tell me off I'm doing something wrong.

I will say this also through my diary if I'm doing bad or doing something wrong please tell me and if necessary shout at me because unless I know I will just carry on.

I'm also hoping by doing this Slimming World it will help me to give up chocolate because I love chocolate and could be classed as a chocolateholic so I need to stop eating it.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Hi all

Well this is my first time I'm having ago at slimming world. So please help me lol. I'm doing this from so I have found the list of foods on the internet because at the moment money is very tight so I'm unable to go to classes or do online but I may have to do 1 month online if it really comes to it. So officially I'm going to be starting tomorrow so tonight I'm going to make a plan for the week. I will post my start weight tomorrow.

Can I be cheeky and ask if I put say 3 days up can someone please check that I'm doing it right and please tell me off I'm doing something wrong.

I will say this also through my diary if I'm doing bad or doing something wrong please tell me and if necessary shout at me because unless I know I will just carry on.

I'm also hoping by doing this Slimming World it will help me to give up chocolate because I love chocolate and could be classed as a chocolateholic so I need to stop eating it.

Thanks for reading

Go ahead and post 3 days, we'll be happy to help you xxxx

Thats great thanks Liz3.

Ok so here I go:

Day 1

Green day

Break fast:
Canned peaches in syrup 100g - 3.5 syn

Lunch:
Cucumber - free
Flat peach - free
Cherries (raw) - free
Grapes - free
Low fat peach yoghurt - free
2 Mini Babybels - free (Healthy extra)

Dinner:
Chicken - 1.5 syn
Fresh mash potato (no butter) - free
Peas - free
Muller light strawberry yogurt - free

Snacks:
2 Rich tea biscuits - 4 syn

Total Syns: 9

Day 2

Break fast:
Canned peaches in syrup 100g - 3.5 syn

Lunch:
Cucumber - free
Flat peach - free
Cherries (raw) - free
Grapes - free
Low fat strawberry yoghurt - free

Dinner:
Jacket Potato - free
Bake beans - free
Muller light cheesecake yogurt - 1 sun

Snacks:
Ready salted crisps (18g and 95 calories) - 5 syn (please say if I worked out the the syns wrong)

Total syns: 9.5

Day 3

Break fast:
Fresh strawberries - free

Lunch:
Cucumber - free
Flat peach - free
Cherries (raw) - free
Grapes - free
Low fat peach yoghurt - free

Dinner:
Jacket Potato - free
Tuna - free (Healthy extra)
Light Mayo (1 tbsp) - 5
Muller light cherry yogurt - free

Snacks:
2 Rich tea biscuits - 4 syn

Total syns: 9

Can you please let me know if I have done this right.

I know it doesn't sound much but I have to admit I'm a very fussy eater which doesn't help with dieting. I love fruit but I don't like any vegetables apart from Peas, Potatoes, Lettuce and Cucumber.

Last edited:
Ok so I weighed myself this morning and I'm 75.6kg which is 11 stone 13 :( which is better than last Saturday as I was 76.2kg.

anyway here to a new start in garden with my cat for a bit then will go in & have my free salad & fruit.

Hi chug,
good stuff planning 3 days ahead! Off the top of my head that looks fine. I would say that when your doing an original or green day then you can take 1 or 2 healthy extra a's and 2 healthy extra b's.

B

Hi chug,
good stuff planning 3 days ahead! Off the top of my head that looks fine. I would say that when your doing an original or green day then you can take 1 or 2 healthy extra a's and 2 healthy extra b's.

B

Thats great thanks Bennyb.

Can I just ask taking healthy extras from a and b is that the healthy extra original and healthy extra green day lists?

Thanks for any advice.

Ok morning everyone hope you all doing ok. So my first day went well I started with my Day 1 from above. Today doing Day 2 so I enjoyed my canned peaches. I'm going to plan the rest of my week now. Going to Lidls shortly to get treats for my partner so that wil be hard for me because I will see loads of nice things that I wil want but can't have lol.

Hi Chug,

yes thats the red & green day healthy extras. I haven't tried the EE plan yet.... For my healthy extra b's I take Aldi benefit chocolate & fudge bars. That way I get my chocolate fix & my healthy extra lol.
Hope it's going well for you.

B

Hi Benny B

well that's good news for me then hmmm will see what red healthy extras I can have tonight. You've made my night now for me lol. I know I can have chocolate but I'm trying to avoid it at the moment. Done well so far not had any for 3 days lol.

So I'm on day 3 and I have Jacket potato and Tune so looking forward to it especially my Muller light yogurt sad I know.

lunch was nice again & it may not sounding but it is.

i still haven't chose my 2 healthy extras from the red list.

i have to admit & I maybe getting my hopes up but I'm feeling different in myself I hope this is a good sign & I won't be disappointed on Saturday.

Hi Chug....
Good to read your thread so far and well done for the scales moving down!!

Are you just doing Green days or a mix?
As long as you feel satisfied with the amount of food you're eating, that's fine.
I have to admit that I'm a bit of a one with chocolate. What I've found has helped me is to buy individual bars....if I start a whole bar of something, that's when I can't stop!! :sigh: I also drink Options hot chocolate...just add hot water. That sort of gives me a choccy fix too!!

Last edited:
So I'm on day 3 and I have Jacket potato and Tune so looking forward to it especially my Muller light yogurt sad I know.

lunch was nice again & it may not sounding but it is.

i still haven't chose my 2 healthy extras from the red list.

i have to admit & I maybe getting my hopes up but I'm feeling different in myself I hope this is a good sign & I won't be disappointed on Saturday.

Hi Chug,
nothing like a jacket potato & tuna.... You could have 42g of low low cheese melted on it as one of your healthy extra a's & a lovely big salad with it. I know your fussy but it's important to eat enough too. - unfortunately some days I take that bit of advise too seriously lol.
Id a great day out with the family today but unfortunately as it was a spur of the moment decision to head off, it meant that I'd no time to sort my meals out.... So I failed miserably today, big style!! Ahh well I'll start again in the morning.

B

Hi Chug....
Good to read your thread so far and well done for the scales moving down!!

Are you just doing Green days or a mix?
As long as you feel satisfied with the amount of food you're eating, that's fine.
I have to admit that I'm a bit of a one with chocolate. What I've found has helped me is to buy individual bars....if I start a whole bar of something, that's when I can't start!! :sigh: I also drink Options hot chocolate...just add hot water. That sort of gives me a choccy fix too!!

Hi Janet

Thanks for the nice comments.

Well I do hope the scales keep moving down fingers crossed.

At the moment because this is all a trial for me I'm sticking to green days just to see how I get on.

Strangely enough I do feel full after everything I eat. I also drink a lot of water so I think that helps too. Also if I do feel hungry I will have a glass of water to because 9 out of 10 its thirst rather than food I need lol.

I've tried just buying single bars but for example if I buy a pack of 4 chunky kit kats I would eat 2 or 3 in one night so I can't even buy multi packs now. Anyway I've managed to not have any for 4 days which is a record. I may try the options idea thanks for that.

Hi Chug,
nothing like a jacket potato & tuna.... You could have 42g of low low cheese melted on it as one of your healthy extra a's & a lovely big salad with it. I know your fussy but it's important to eat enough too. - unfortunately some days I take that bit of advise too seriously lol.
Id a great day out with the family today but unfortunately as it was a spur of the moment decision to head off, it meant that I'd no time to sort my meals out.... So I failed miserably today, big style!! Ahh well I'll start again in the morning.

B

Hi Benny B

I've never thought about putting low low cheese melted on top of it thats a good idea thanks I will give that go. How has your day been today?

Well today I thought for a change I would have pasta so I went for something that was recommended pasta, shredded chicken, chopped bacon (no fat) mixed through with some light Philadelphia with garlic and herb and I have to say it was really nice and only 3.5 syn and then I had a Cherry muller light yogurt.

My lunch was the same as everyday.

As for breakfast I forgot it this morning but it didn't bother me really.

I have a bit of headache at the moment but I think its a combination of the weather changing and also because I'm so tired because I have a B12 deficiency but I'm having my injection tomorrow so I can't wait for that because I be able to start to stay awake on the nights lol

Your meal sounded good Chug....isn't it nice to try new recipes.
Hope you soon feel better once you get your B12 jab. Yes you're right the weather is changing, we have rain forecast for tomorrow!

It was lovely thanks I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'm planning on having pasta with prawns and I was going to have seafood sauce but I don't know how many syns I think it will be 8 syns because each table spoon will be 4 syns because each spoonful is 78 calories. Otherwise I don't know what to have over my prawns & pasta.

It was lovely thanks I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'm planning on having pasta with prawns and I was going to have seafood sauce but I don't know how many syns I think it will be 8 syns because each table spoon will be 4 syns because each spoonful is 78 calories. Otherwise I don't know what to have over my prawns & pasta.

Yes I know sauces can be high in syns....as I don't eat pasta or prawns I'm no expert but checked the SW syn list and looks like if you could find a
Basic, Dressing, Seafood dressing/sauce, reduced fat, 1 level tbsp - 2 syns
SW is basically a low fat way of eating.

Another option, another time could be to use a Colman's packet mix:

Colman's, Seafood Sauce , 1 level tbsp 2 syns

Yes as a general rule 20 cals = 1 syn.

Thats great thanks Janet well that is a lot better than I thought. I best throw the one I have out and trade it in for a more healthier one lol. I couldn't find it on my syn list. Obviously I'm not looking hard enough lol.

If you don't mind me asking which syn list do you have because I've checked mine again and seafood sauce is not on there. Is it under Sauces or Dressings?

Back