Newbie diary who is more determined to loose weight than anyone.

Hey, just found your thread. Well done for making a great start.

A free substitute for seafood sauce is plain fat free yogurt, tomato puree, Worcester sauce and vinegar to taste. Then you can save your syns for a treat. :)

I noticed you've listed low fat yogurt's, as free but only the some of the fat free one's that aren't plain are free. Do you know which type it is, I'm a member and am happy to check the correct syns for you :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya Chug, great diary. you could alays make your own with some fat free fromage frais, bit of mustard powder if you like and some tomato puree or passata- syn free!

Hi glittermonkey thanks for your nice comments and advice that is great. I will try this one over the weekend as I don't have all the ingredients. It's always helpful to have tips especially syn free ones.

Hey, just found your thread. Well done for making a great start.

A free substitute for seafood sauce is plain fat free yogurt, tomato puree, Worcester sauce and vinegar to taste. Then you can save your syns for a treat. :)

I noticed you've listed low fat yogurt's, as free but only the some of the fat free one's that aren't plain are free. Do you know which type it is, I'm a member and am happy to check the correct syns for you :)

Hi melonball

thanks for your nice comments and advice that is great. I will definately give that a try I have all them ingredients. I love the idea of not having to use syns on sauces & saving them for a nice treat.

thanks re the yogurts the ones I have is the Morrisons Savers low fat yogurts peach and strawberry. I also have the muller light yogurts like the cherry, peach & I think its strawberry with cranberries I think I read these are free. I've also had the muller light cheesecake yogurts and I read they was 1 syn but please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't to cheat my way through this. Also I hope you don't mind me asking but can you find out what cream crackers are please. I'm trying to avoid bread at the moment and can't eat Riveters because I had a bad experience with them.

Hi chug,

your flying at it now! Great stuff. Maybe check the cherry muller light. I remember hearing that the cherry mullers might carry some syns. Although your well below 15 syns on all your meal plans!
today was grand for me, stuck to my plan & walked about 8km.

Your ur getting loads of great tips
B

Hey, the Morrison's savers yogurts are 3 1/2 syns each!! I didn't think they'd be that high! The cherry Muller light is free as long as it's not the one that's vanilla with the cherry sauce at the bottom.
The lemon and strawberry cheesecake cake one's are 1 syn each.
And cream crackers are 2 syns each.
There are other crackers that come in at either 1/2 a syn or 1 syn.
For your heb you can have some corn thins, Finn crisp crackers, some wheat crackers. Is it all ryvita you don't eat as there are lots of different types around now.
Are you on *********? I can post a screenshot of HEB crackers on there. I'm helen__sw (that's 2 _)

Found you

Have you now switched to EE days as you are having pasta with meat or fish as I can't tell ?

Thats great thanks Janet well that is a lot better than I thought. I best throw the one I have out and trade it in for a more healthier one lol. I couldn't find it on my syn list. Obviously I'm not looking hard enough lol.

If you don't mind me asking which syn list do you have because I've checked mine again and seafood sauce is not on there. Is it under Sauces or Dressings?

I was on the SW website and just typed in seafood sauce.... glad you have some syn free alternatives, I wasn't sure if you used anything with tomato.

Hi chug,

your flying at it now! Great stuff. Maybe check the cherry muller light. I remember hearing that the cherry mullers might carry some syns. Although your well below 15 syns on all your meal plans!
today was grand for me, stuck to my plan & walked about 8km.

Your ur getting loads of great tips
B

Hi Benny B

Thanks well I just to stick to it. Its the support from you and everyone whose come and commented on my thread that have helped me keep so motivated. Yeah someone has checked the muller light cherry yogurt for me and I'm ok its free yyyyaaaayyyy.

I'm glad you had a good day and that you managed to stick to plan and did a good walk.

Yes having loads of good tips here.

Hey, the Morrison's savers yogurts are 3 1/2 syns each!! I didn't think they'd be that high! The cherry Muller light is free as long as it's not the one that's vanilla with the cherry sauce at the bottom.
The lemon and strawberry cheesecake cake one's are 1 syn each.
And cream crackers are 2 syns each.
There are other crackers that come in at either 1/2 a syn or 1 syn.
For your heb you can have some corn thins, Finn crisp crackers, some wheat crackers. Is it all ryvita you don't eat as there are lots of different types around now.
Are you on *********? I can post a screenshot of HEB crackers on there. I'm helen__sw (that's 2 _)

Hi Mellonball

Thanks for getting back to me OMG about the Morrisons Savers Yogurts I'm so shocked know wonder they are only 33p for four I didn't think they would be that high either. Oh well I can still afford them in my syns but will have to re think for next week plan. As for the Cherry Muller light yogurt thats good I don't have the one with the vanilla so I'm glad that is free lol. I'm treating myself to the muller light lemon cheesecake yogurt tonight so looking forward to that. Wow 2 is pretty high for a cracker as well.

Yeah I don't eat any ryvitas because I chocked on one years ago and since then I'm to scared to eat any. I like wheat crackers so I may put them on my shopping list for next week.

Sorry I can't work out what xxxxxxxxx is lol. Can you please inbox me some letters so I can try to work it out because having the screen shot would be great. I can always install or register what ever I need.

Found you

Have you now switched to EE days as you are having pasta with meat or fish as I can't tell ?

Hi Jaffa

I'm glad you found me.

I don't know if I've switched to EE I'm not even sure what that is lol. Sorry. I'm having a green day week but using my syns on the meat or the fish. Is this ok or am I doing it wrong please tell me if I am wrong. I'm new to it all and have never followed a Slimming World diet before lol.

I was on the SW website and just typed in seafood sauce.... glad you have some syn free alternatives, I wasn't sure if you used anything with tomato.

Hi Janet.

Thanks for that . Yeah I have tomato puree I don't like big tomatoes or tinned tomatoes. I know I probably sound very strange. I will eat cherry tomatoes as well but only very few lol just to make things even more confusing.

Well what I can I say I'm so glad that I joined SW because I have had such great support on here. Thank you all.

So let me talk about today.

In work it was someones birthday and they brought it cakes and I'm was very impressed with myself and I didn't have any. I have to admit it wasn't easy but I felt so much better in myself for not having any. So as a treat I'm going to have a Lemon Muller Light cheesecake.

So for breakfast I had strawberries which was nice and refreshing.

As for the lunch well that is the same as everyday which included a low fat yogurt which was 3.5 syns

As for dinner I've had as planned my pasta and prawns and a sauce made with the ingredients that i was advised by Mellonball above. So all the syns I've used for that would be for the prawns because on green day which is 2 syns because I had 56g.

So now I'm going to have my muller light lemon cheesecake.

I'm going shopping tomorrow can anyone recommend good meals that I can go for bearing in mind I don't like anything hot or spicy, vegetables apart from potatoes, frozen peas, lettuce & cucumber (fuzzy I know lol).

Looking forward to seeing peoples suggestions.

Hi I've come to follow :) diary looks good.

Which books do yiu have or are you following as EE has existed fir the last few years and it is an amalgamation of red and green and is meant for people who eat meat fish rice pasta potatoes etc regularly.

Green days is really only useful for veggies or vegan or those who eat very little meat or fish and not daily. Red is for big fish and meat eaters who love veg but dont like eating many carbs.

This is a simple explanation

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...orld-works-advice-newbies-updated-2014-a.html

On EE you have 1 hex a and 1 hex b as all stuff free on red or green is free together on ee like chicken and pasta together.
You are advised to have 1/3 of your plate superfree so fruit veg or salad and the rest free foods like chicken pasta fish potatoes etc.

You really need to know more about the plan so perhaps read the starter stickies as there is only so much we can post due to sw copyright

Sorry I can't work out what xxxxxxxxx is lol. Can you please inbox me some letters so I can try to work it out because having the screen shot would be great. I can always install or register what ever I need.

Just saw it changed it! It was
I N S T A G R A M hopefully that won't get x'D put!

Which books do yiu have or are you following as EE has existed fir the last few years and it is an amalgamation of red and green and is meant for people who eat meat fish rice pasta potatoes etc regularly.

Green days is really only useful for veggies or vegan or those who eat very little meat or fish and not daily. Red is for big fish and meat eaters who love veg but dont like eating many carbs.

This is a simple explanation

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...orld-works-advice-newbies-updated-2014-a.html

On EE you have 1 hex a and 1 hex b as all stuff free on red or green is free together on ee like chicken and pasta together.
You are advised to have 1/3 of your plate superfree so fruit veg or salad and the rest free foods like chicken pasta fish potatoes etc.

You really need to know more about the plan so perhaps read the starter stickies as there is only so much we can post due to sw copyright

Hi Jaffa

Thanks for that to be honest I didn't realise there was different plans. I will be honest I don't have any books I've just been following advice on the forum. I'm thinking I may just do 1 month online. To be honest I think I'm following the EE plan but I didn't realise that chicken with pasta is free together. But now actually looked at my list and can see how you get that now. So you pick Pasta from the green day free food list and then have the chicken from the green day Healthy Extra list is that right?

Yeah I think your right. I'm mainly a pasta and potato eater and I love fish and meat so yes definitely the EE plan for me lol. I think thats what I'm trying to follow but making some mistakes lol.

This is really difficult to explain to someone who doesn't have any books at all sorry.

Can you go to a class get your new member pack which will cost you £10 then listen to the new member talk then nit go back ir it us £4.95 a week if you just go for 4 weeks you will learn so much.

Read the link I linked to as that lists in better detail what the 3 plans are.

You are getting yourself confused with healthy extras

If it is free on red and green it is free on ee
So most
Fish
Meat with no fat
Poultry
Pasta
Rice
Potatoes
Cous cous
Vegetables
Fruit except rhubarb
Salad stuff
Eggs
Beans

And more can all be eaten together with
1 hex a - calcium portion and
1 hex b - fibre portion

This is really difficult to explain to someone who doesn't have any books at all sorry.

Can you go to a class get your new member pack which will cost you £10 then listen to the new member talk then nit go back ir it us £4.95 a week if you just go for 4 weeks you will learn so much.

Read the link I linked to as that lists in better detail what the 3 plans are.

You are getting yourself confused with healthy extras

If it is free on red and green it is free on ee
So most
Fish
Meat with no fat
Poultry
Pasta
Rice
Potatoes
Cous cous
Vegetables
Fruit except rhubarb
Salad stuff
Eggs
Beans

And more can all be eaten together with
1 hex a - calcium portion and
1 hex b - fibre portion

You have nothing to say sorry for I understand. My friend has done Slimming World so I've asked her if she still has the books and if so if I can borrow them.

Unfortunately I don't drive and there is no classes near by me :( so if my friend doesn't have the book maybe I have a look on eBay. I have found a load of list one for green day one for red day, 1 for both days, also the hex for red, green & both days.

so if all the above is free on EE plan then that is the plan for me so thank you so much Jaffa for pointing me in the right direction. It's trial and error at the moment for me. So I will read the link you sent me and try to get my head around it lol

Back