Original Newbie doing it alone needs confirmation!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by queeniescakes, 13 April 2009 Social URL.

1. queeniescakes

queeniescakes Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Hi all, today I have started SW plan (the old version - the new is in the post!). I just wanted to check that what I have planned for today is on the right track?! I used to do WW and know that inside out, but not sure I've understood SW correctly!

Green Plan Food planned for today is:

Breakfast: 42g All-Bran (hex), 1 banana (FF) mixed with fat-free Quark (FF) & 1 tsp fructose (1 syn). 350ml skimmed milk for drinks during the day (hex).

Lunch: 113g cooked chicken breast (hex), boiled eggs (FF) cucumber & tomatoes with 2 tbsp reduced cal salad cream (3 syns), apple (FF)

Dinner: Quorn pieces (FF) cooked in jarred pasta sauce (4 syns for 1/3 jar), wholemeal pasta (FF) & 28g grated mature cheese (hex)

Snacks: Fresh fruit as needed (FF)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It looks fine.
    Can I suggest a recipe for you though, it's from the One pot Wonders cook book called Sausage and chicken hot pot. It's only 2 syns on a red day but if you use quorn sausages it would be free. It's basically onions, garlic, sausages, chicken, curry powder, carrots, red peppers, passata, chicken bovril, sweetener and herbs and seasoning. Very quick and easy to make and you can eat it on it's own or we like it with rice on an EE day or have rice as a HeB on a red day.

4. queeniescakes

queeniescakes Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Awww, thanks for the thumbs up and the recipe suggestion! Unfortunately, I can't get Quorn sausages anymore where I am (they used to have them but they disappeared out of the range - probably because they were not very popular), and anything curry or with peppers in it makes me heave :yuk:.

5. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Looks good to me! The only thing we get told at our SW meetings is that 80% of the space in our food diaries should be free food, 15% healthy extras and 5% syns, so you could probably have some more free food in there to keep you full.

I don't know if you have a sweet tooth (or like things like crisps) but you've got no treats in there - the point isn't to cut everything out, as that's just not practical if you're going to do this for a lifestyle change (who wants to live without chocolate forever?!)!

There's some really good syn-free pasta sauces out there (passata and other ingredients) and would give you at least 4 syns for nice stuff :) Personally I like syn-free recipes as you can eat as much as you like, and I don't have to worry that if I want another portion, it's another 4 syns.....

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

6. queeniescakes

queeniescakes Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I will use syns for treats in a couple of days, I'm sure. I've kinda had my fill of junk over the last few days with Easter!

As for the pasta sauce, yes I know I could make my own for free, but I'm being lazy-arse today and my kids won't eat anything with 'bits' in it :sigh:.

I love fresh fruit, so I will fill up on that if I'm peckish, but it's 13:05 now and I'm not even hungry for lunch yet!

Do you have any good syn-free recipes to suggest (nothing with curry, too spicy, peppers etc! Yep, I'm hard to please :eek:)?

7. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol...ok. I was just trying to save you some syns. Of course you can adapt it to suit you. For instance I don't like peppers so instead of using 2 I only use 1 and pick them out to give to the OH. I don't like spicy food much, I prefer it lightly spiced and mild, so I don't use what they say for the curry powder and just halve it.

But you know what works for you ;)

8. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree which is why I made a recipe suggestion, I thought exactly the same.

Have a look in the recipe and food diary section for some syn free ideas, so you can save your syns for goodies instead of just meals. Or give me a PM and I'll raid my books for you :)

9. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    I can't think of anything off-hand at the moment unfortunately, but as Ninja says, have a look at the recipe folder and I tend to use the SW magazine a fair bit - so far, everything I've tried has been nice and the magazine isn't too expensive either!

10. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Ooohh that recipe sounds great, I guess it would be free with quorn suasages and quorn fillets/pieces? I don't suppose I can be cheeky and ask you to post the recipe could I?

Sorry for post hijacking just really like the sound of that!

11. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Of course no probs, but not right now as I have to do my tea....lol But I won't forget and I'll put it in the recipe folder too.

This is a SW recipe, does it mean it's copy righted? :confused:

12. crazycrafter

crazycrafter I have collar bones!

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(20.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    your food diary looks fine to me. Try to fill up on fruit, yoghurt (muller light and certain Weight Watchers), and drinks. I know if I feel hungry, I grab a glass of no added sugar squash and that fills a space.

13. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world

sorry to butt in but rice is not a HeB on a red day it has to be syned

karen

14. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh god you're right what was I thinking :(. I was confusing it with pasta.
    I'm so used to doing EE days now I forget what's what on what day.

15. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    lol im still not sure what tohave on any day yet, will get there one day

16. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Go on Extra Easy - foods are either syns or free, whatever day it is - simples! ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.