newbie facing many challenges

Caz are you ok? X

Hi everyone, sorry I've been awol. I'm not going to lie the diet has gone out of the window and I've been too ashamed and upset to come on and fess up.

Basically I've not been doing so well mentally. I've been very depressed, desperately depressed. I've been struggling to deal with the affair - it hits hard at this time of year. I've also been ill. I just started getting worse everyday instead of getting better.

I just can't face dieting now. I need some comfort. I'm hoping to get back on track after xmas, I need to feel better first.

The dr has had to increase my water pills as the swelling is bad again. My constipation got so bad it actually made me ill and even laxatives weren't working. I was seriously backed up. Sorry if tmi but once I went back to my old horrible eating habits, I was on the loo five or six times a day for two days and it really worried me just how badly it had affected me. I also hurt myself when I finally went. It was pretty bad. I was in agony and you could feel it trying to move through me from the outside! It was like a baby moving but so painful it was more like labour. I honestly think if I had stuck to the diet I would have ended up in hospital, my bowels just seemed to stop working. I've never had it happen before due to a diet so I don't have a clue why it's happened this time.

I talked to hubby and we agreed that for now dieting isn't my best plan, to have a fresh start after xmas when hopefully i'll be ready to try again. I'm planning what I can do differently. Things like taking the laxatives every day, exercising etc. I can't really think what else I can do to avoid the disasters I've faced this time. I can only hope next time it will work out better. I think I will do things more gradually next time.

Even my mum said ''right lady, enough's enough, you're making yourself ill - knock it off til after xmas, have some fun for once and relax before you crack!''

I hope you're not too disappointed in me :cry:I just couldn't carry on feeling so ill and need to take a break and try again later. I'm feeling so much better now my tummy is functioning normally. I'm hoping to have more motivation and energy to try again soon.

It would be a pretty miserable xmas if I made myself continue right now.
Caz x

It's great to hear from you Caz. :) I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a bad time of it, and of course we're not disappointed in you, don't even think that for one second!! We're all on this forum because we struggle with our weight, so no-one's going to be judgemental. I can really sympathise with the constipation - I have it chronically, and nothing helps, so I know how horrible it is. It seems to be even worse since I had my operation last month. :(

I hope you have a lovely Christmas, and that you come back to join us in the new year - I know I'll be needing some motivation after my Christmas diet break! :D

Do take care, hon. :) xx

Last edited:
awww sweetheart it sounds like you are really going through it sorry my lovely. Come back to dieting when YOU are ready. take care of yourself. xxxx

Thanks both, I really appreciate it. xxx

Hi everyone, sorry I've been awol. I'm not going to lie the diet has gone out of the window and I've been too ashamed and upset to come on and fess up. Basically I've not been doing so well mentally. I've been very depressed, desperately depressed. I've been struggling to deal with the affair - it hits hard at this time of year. I've also been ill. I just started getting worse everyday instead of getting better. I just can't face dieting now. I need some comfort. I'm hoping to get back on track after xmas, I need to feel better first. The dr has had to increase my water pills as the swelling is bad again. My constipation got so bad it actually made me ill and even laxatives weren't working. I was seriously backed up. Sorry if tmi but once I went back to my old horrible eating habits, I was on the loo five or six times a day for two days and it really worried me just how badly it had affected me. I also hurt myself when I finally went. It was pretty bad. I was in agony and you could feel it trying to move through me from the outside! It was like a baby moving but so painful it was more like labour. I honestly think if I had stuck to the diet I would have ended up in hospital, my bowels just seemed to stop working. I've never had it happen before due to a diet so I don't have a clue why it's happened this time. I talked to hubby and we agreed that for now dieting isn't my best plan, to have a fresh start after xmas when hopefully i'll be ready to try again. I'm planning what I can do differently. Things like taking the laxatives every day, exercising etc. I can't really think what else I can do to avoid the disasters I've faced this time. I can only hope next time it will work out better. I think I will do things more gradually next time. Even my mum said ''right lady, enough's enough, you're making yourself ill - knock it off til after xmas, have some fun for once and relax before you crack!'' I hope you're not too disappointed in me :cry:I just couldn't carry on feeling so ill and need to take a break and try again later. I'm feeling so much better now my tummy is functioning normally. I'm hoping to have more motivation and energy to try again soon. It would be a pretty miserable xmas if I made myself continue right now. Caz x

Aww sounds like you have been having a terrible time of it!!!
You have deffo got to do what's right for you & I think in your position I would of done exactly the same, I'm not disappointed in you at all!

I really wish you could see my food diary, because when you do come back to it maybe you could try doing things a bit like me & that would help with the toilet troubles, you see I still pretty much eat all the fatty crap I ate before but just either smaller amounts or do more exercise but I'm deffo not healthy yet, I guess our bodies need to slowly work towards that!

Hope you enjoy your christmas :D xxx

Thanks hun, i really appreciate it. I can definitely see the benefit of a more relaxed diet and more exercise. I think that's probably where i went wrong this time. The depression was building and I just couldn't get motivated to get moving. Hopefully i'll have more energy when i come back to it.

Hope you have a wonderful xmas too!

x

Bah, you are more important health wise. There's next year for dieting when Christmas isn't round the corner. Thinking of you x

Back