newbie facing many challenges

Thanks Waffle! errrmmmmm, I've got to be honest...it's gathering dust:eek: I kinda fell off the wagon exercise wise lol. I will get back into it. I'm just so lazy. Think I will make it my priority for month 2. I think I only used it about ten times in month 1. Caz x

Well that's even better than if your losing the weight without the exercise things can only get better weight loss wise when you add in the exercise should become easier to do as you lose weight anyway :) xx

Thanks hun! :) how are you doing?

Caz x

Thanks hun! :) how are you doing? Caz x

I'm doing good today thanks Hun, I'm good at doing exercise but useless at eating healthy lol xx

Glad you're good :) I tend to be swings and roundabouts. Sometimes it's the exercise, sometimes it's the eating - but it's rarely both lol.

I must admit I have had to relax my diet a bit. I've been getting crazy binge cravings, even dreaming about junk food. Permanently hungry all of a sudden and it's got a lot harder. I'm especially hungry after tea so I've allowed myself 2 gingernut biscuits as a pud. They aren't too bad. I looked up the lowest cal biscuits and it's only 90 cals for two and they satisfy my cravings a bit. I can look forward to them. I am however struggling to just eat two. It take the edge of my hunger so I know physically it's enough, but mentally I want the packet!

It's all well and good deciding not to eat anything that could set of a binge BUT if I don't allow myself a small indulgence I will end up on a proper binge anyway, out of desperation and hunger. I need to find the happy middle ground and I think a low cal treat after dinner and the occasional splurge meal should make it easier to stay in this for the long haul. I need to learn to control myself and learn when to stop.

If it negatively impacts my weight loss though I will have to rethink.

I am also giving hubby the scales to hide this week and give them back Thursday morning so I can't get upset by fluctuations. Now that IS scary! I might not make it the whole week but I'm really going to try.

Caz x

The weightwatchers biscuits come in sealed packs of two - yo uget about 8 a box if it helps? :) They're around 85ish cals a pack and easier than having an open packet laying around an making sensible choices is always a good idea - like you say - rather than having a big binge.

HUGE congrats on the weight loss love - 3lb is AWESOME! :)

Thank you hun! Individual packs sound ideal!

Hubby guilted me out tonight :( I was just getting myself my treat and I was saying 'I'm not that hungry but I've been looking forward to this all day' but before I got past the first part he jumped in and said 'don't have them then' ...I'm gutted but I guess he's right. I feel deprived lol. Can't go against him and have them anyway, I feel too guilty now. :rolleyes:

He's probably right.

Caz x

Thank you Tracey! It's the inches I'm most shocked at lol. I could tell there was a difference when I'm sitting and bending etc. Feels good!

Caz x

Fab news - pounds and inches off! Well done!! I never measured myself when I started, and I wish I had now, so I could see the difference. :) xx

That would have been good! All the weight you have lost must have been a lot of inches, you're amazing tbh. I can't imagine achieving your success.

I've done it all this time. Before photos too in a vest top and yoga pants to boot (shudder). I'm planning on photos either every 3 months or every stone, not sure yet. I've only taken my waist measurement cos even when I am slim my arms and legs remain big. It's too depressing. I believe it's the waist measurement that's most relevant health wise too.

Plus I dream of that magic waist hip ratio of 0.7 lol. No harm in dreaming!

Caz x

I would have love to have been able to see them! You've lost so much weight too. So many inspirational people on here. It really makes me think it can be done:)

Caz x

I wish I'd taken some measurements as well. I've no idea what my waist measurement was when I started, don't even know what it is now. I think I'll do that this weekend, write some measurements down. What's the waist/hip ratio thing all about Caz? I've never heard of that. Does it represent a healthy waist/hip ratio?

Firstly, wow! Well done on your loss!

No, it's not a proper thing at all hun. I come out with some proper drivel sometimes. I was only being half serious tbh. It's a silly thing that's mean to gauge the 'perfect' shape 'supposedly' according to men. It's meant to be the ratio that's the sexiest.

I find it really silly but really intriguing at the same time. It would be cool to have that as a claim to fame lol :rolleyes: There are even online calculators you can use to work yours out, just like a bmi calculator! Crazy!

As for waist size, well that's a real health thing. I didn't know the exact figures though so have just looked it up.

The NHS page says for women anything over 31.5 inches means you have a 'higher risk of health problems' and anything over 34.5 inches means you're at an 'even higher risk'. Very scientific eh, not. I'm sure we can figure out that if you're over 31.5 is a risk then over 34.5 would be a higher risk. Or is that just me thinking that sounds really silly? I'd be chuffed with a 34.5 inch waist tbh!

They're talking about heart disease, diabetes type 2 and cancer. Apparently waist measurement is a more accurate way to assess risk as it's belly fat that's most dangerous...until they figure out something else for us to beat ourselves up over anyway.

When my dr got the tape measure out. It was actually colour coded! Starts out green, then goes orange, then red, then (if I remember right) a dramatic dark red. Thankfully I looked away but I suspect the tape near enough ran out!!

Waist measurement is the NHS's latest 'guidelines' on how to tell if we are at a 'healthy' weight, supposedly a better indicator than BMI. it makes sense in a way. All those athletes with a lot of muscle would be classed as obese using the BMI but I bet their waists are tiny. Also the slim people with obviously unhealthy beer bellies, or no muscle to speak of, that may not weigh all that much but still be at risk of health problems.

I don't know why they don't just measure body fat tbh.

I am taking my measurements purely to see them drop, it's fun lol. I do have the healthy measurements in my head but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't get there. Surely 'any' reduction helps so that's where I am focussing for now.

Caz x

ETA! Just looked it up and the NHS DO look at hip waist ratio! Anything over 0.85 is a concern. Who knew!

Last edited:
Thanks Caz, I might work mine out when I get round to taking my measurements. On second thoughts...it'll probably depress me how far away from being the perfect shape I am :doh:

It's interesting to know all that stuff though, thanks for explaining x

No problem! I just hope the info I gave you is correct, I'm no expert I just spend a lot of time checking stuff on line lol. I'm one of those people constantly googling :rolleyes:

Caz x

Ha ha! That's made my day! :8855:

Caz x

Mines 0.78 :/ but I'm fat? And it says it's good confused.com

Back