Newbie Food Diary Help

HelsAngel

Silver Member
Hi All, This is my first post so if i've got anything wrong, that's why!! ;)
I'm currently on day 3 of SW and am an old WW convert. I'm mostly getting to grips with everything but the small problem I have at the moment is with the Food Diary I'm supposed to be filling in (paper form and on the website).
Basically, last night I was celebrating a friends birthday with a meal and drinks. I've recorded all of the drinks but I don't know how to calculate my meal syns.
Do you work out the whole meal or just the stuff that doesn't feature in Free foods?

For starter I had chicken wings (which has skin on)
Main I had Fusilli pasta in a tomato based sauce with chicken, bacon, tomatoes and peppers. Most of it is free food but it can't have been. I'm not beating myself up about it at all but obviously I want to record it properly so my my consultant and I know exacly what i'm having.
It was from Prezzo and i can't seem to find anything on the forum with syns for there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
HelsAngel

Hi, welcome to SW!

so for your meal, the chicken wings would be free if you removed the skin, if not then syn it!
all the ingreditents sound free for your pasta, but normally in restaurants oil is used so maybe syn this, and the bacon if it was rather fatty!

Good Luck x

I'm not sure about the chicken skins as I'm a veggie but as far as the pasta goes all the ingredients are free the only thing you need to account for is how it was cooked. I used to work as a chef in a restaurant and know how liberal chefs are with the cooking oil, so when I eat out regardless if the meal is all free food I always allow 10 syns for oil. It might be a bit of an over estimate but I'd rather do that than guess under.

Chicken wings with the skin on are one syn each. Did they have any sauce with them? If so you will need to syn that too but your main seems free so add some syns for the oil

Back