newbie / forum and exante

stepmac

Hello:wave_cry:
I have just started Exante today I have heard of some great weight loss stories with VLCD's so am excited. I weigh 16.5 :( stone and want to get to 12. Today not too bad although have felt a little 'woozy' but not really too hungry. I would love to hear stories from the first few days / weeks of this diet. I will keep you posted.

Last edited:
Good luck Stepmac!
I have been on exante for two weeks on Sunday (nearly my second weigh in). In my first week I lost 11lbs - so the hardship in the first few days is definately worth it!

Keep us informed xxx

Hi stepmac

I am on day 5 and feel fab. Not had one headache. I have felt woozy a couple of times. But water tends to remedy that. I feel on top of the word and am really pleased I have not suffered (though not sure if my stuffy nose is down to the diet or the dodgy, forever changing weather lol)

hi

Hi thread, I started on tuesday, had bad headaches for the first 2 days but have been ok yesterday and today:) like you not feeling hungry, taken me 2 years to get to this stage so really hope I can keep montivated.... have a wedding to go to in 7 weeks and there is no way i'm wearing a tent!! like you would love to hear more stories for motivation. good luck

Welcome Stepmac! This site is fab for support so if you need to ask anything, go ahead. Someone is usually on here to answer from their experience. It can get rough at first: headaches, dizziness, dodgey bowels, fuzzy mouth, bad breath, body temperature out of sorts and you may even wanna throw the towel in.
But then one day, that all just goes(exept for the ketone breath!!!) and you feel great and energetic and food is not that tempting anymore. You start to realise that you want that food more for the variety of flavour/texture rather than hunger so you walk away and that's a victory under your belt.

Water can be your lifeline in the first few days, so keep glugging away :)

good luck

good luck step mac and welcome. i am on day 5 but i am feeling hungry, what is the secret to hunger pangs, i am not giving into temptation which is good, i am drinking 3l a day, have shake for breakfast, soup for lunch and bar for tea,
so why am i hungry? any advice welcome from my slimming buddies welcome.

I'm not sure calligas, I'm on day 6 and can honestly say I have not actually felt hungry. I've definitely had cravings for food especially as its been the weekend and I'm not sure they'll ever go, I guess its just trying to take your mind off of it as much as you can that may help. Good luck, apparently the first week is the hardest so its almost over! x

And Goodluck stepmac! It definitely gets easier after the first few days and this forum is a lifesaver! x

I'm not sure calligas, I'm on day 6 and can honestly say I have not actually felt hungry. I've definitely had cravings for food especially as its been the weekend and I'm not sure they'll ever go, I guess its just trying to take your mind off of it as much as you can that may help. Good luck, apparently the first week is the hardest so its almost over! x

I have felt just like you. It helps a lot :)

Getting a 100% first week under your belt must hold you in good stead. Well done!

Thanks for all of your replies. I am feeling OK although sometimes the cravings for food are pretty strong. I had been 'doing' 4 a day, shake at breakfast, soup lunch and tea then a bar at night but I think I am going to drop to 3 per day from tomorrow as 1)it's cheaper as the packs last longer and 2) I have a wedding in 6 weeks and a holiday in 7 so am up against 'unwanted fattiness'
This is the first time I have felt that I wanted to do something so strict diet wise. I have done WW and SW over the years but never a VLCD before. The thing with me is that it is ideal as the choice of what to eat is taken away from you so portion sizes and getting carried away with eating don't come into it. I will be HAPPY to be a size 14/16 and weigh 12 stone (sadly I was always that until I hit my mid thirties - but hey that's what eating too much and exercising too little does to a gal!
I will keep you posted.
good luck to everyone else - I have just sent hubby to shop for peppermint tea; apparently it helps with the bad breath;-)

hi stepmac, know what you mean I too have a wedding in 6 weeks and just can't face wearing a tent lol...Like you I feel like the diet queen, been there done it and failed on way too many times. Its my first time doing VLCD I just needed to take all choice out for me and try and get some control back.. weigh in tomorrow so lets hope the first week has gone ok, I'm doing 3 packs a day which has been fine,, the weekend hard as I was away BBQ's ect but stuck to my guns, so very chuffed. Just kept thinking "its only food, in tens mins there be finished then its all over" anyways good luck with the peppermint tea, I quite like it.

Thanks for all of your replies. I am feeling OK although sometimes the cravings for food are pretty strong. I had been 'doing' 4 a day, shake at breakfast, soup lunch and tea then a bar at night but I think I am going to drop to 3 per day from tomorrow as 1)it's cheaper as the packs last longer and 2) I have a wedding in 6 weeks and a holiday in 7 so am up against 'unwanted fattiness'
This is the first time I have felt that I wanted to do something so strict diet wise. I have done WW and SW over the years but never a VLCD before. The thing with me is that it is ideal as the choice of what to eat is taken away from you so portion sizes and getting carried away with eating don't come into it. I will be HAPPY to be a size 14/16 and weigh 12 stone (sadly I was always that until I hit my mid thirties - but hey that's what eating too much and exercising too little does to a gal!
I will keep you posted.
good luck to everyone else - I have just sent hubby to shop for peppermint tea; apparently it helps with the bad breath;-)

You know what Stepmac...you REALLY brightened my day, when I read this. I too have been happiest at size 14/16 (I'm closer to 22 than 24 at the moment) and I find that when I say that, I often find eople saying that one should aim to be 8/10!
I'm just so glad that someone else feels like I do.
Keep it up hun xxx

glad to be of help

I am glad to be of help :)
Today I have been much better. I didn't have my 'breakfast' until 12ish, which is normal for me so I have then had a soup at 4.30 and am waiting to have a third 'meal' 'til about 8.00pm then I won't feel I have to knaw my own arm off later!

Hi stepmac, I am on day 7 lost 14lbs and not had a problem with hunger. Just seeing the lbs falling off makes this worth it for me. Good luck and if ever you need motivation or inspiration just use this site.

Back