• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Newbie,getting my head round slimming world and this site!!!

#1
Ok here goes....
Started sw week before last, tried really hard first week with food but couldn't give up the wine .... Then on the morning of first weigh got my period. Result was......no change in weight :0( not giving up tho, as I'm sure sw works.

I made myself a ticker, how do I add it ? Do I have to post first?

Oh hello everyone !

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st3.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 1st12.5lb(10.43%)
#4
Welcome Red-squirell:welcome2:


Mostly every woman I know gains a few pounds at this time so don't let the scales discourage you...in fact you have probably lost weight and it will show up once you are over your period.

Here is the link to the SW forum here and good luck with your weight loss journey.

Slimming World - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

If you have your ticker made you just need the BB code that works for here.

Go to the User CP on the Blue Bar at the top of the page and on the left side you will see a menu and under Settings & Options click on Edit Signature and you can post your weight ticker into your signature.

When you have 20 posts you will get a bigger signature and can add an Avatar and when you have 50 posts you can do private messaging and a huge signature space for all your tickers information etc.

Give the software about an hour to update your new privileges each time.

To read more about getting around MiniMins click on the link below...

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

If you need any help please ask.
 
#8
Feeling good today, had a lovely walk round the shops in Manchester, enjoyed the sun, and didn't fall prey to eating out and ruining my hard work.
Came home and made sw syn free chips and burgers, they were yum, feeling full too!

Me and the hubba are going to have a few drinks tonight, but not going mad, really determined today, want thus weight off for my holidays x x

Loved reading everyone's ideas and tips x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
 
#9
Hi i'm new to the site but done slimming world in the past, this is my first time doing slimming world having a baby (6 month old) which is a bit harder, definately more planning needed, lost 6 pounds in my first 2 weeks 3rd weigh in on tuesday struggling a bit this week as its star week and all i want to do is eat some chocolate!!! determined to get back to my pre-baby weight for summer!
 

GothGoddess

Time to start again!
#10
sarah5298a1 said:
Hi i'm new to the site but done slimming world in the past, this is my first time doing slimming world having a baby (6 month old) which is a bit harder, definately more planning needed, lost 6 pounds in my first 2 weeks 3rd weigh in on tuesday struggling a bit this week as its star week and all i want to do is eat some chocolate!!! determined to get back to my pre-baby weight for summer!
Hi there, I hope you are enjoying mooching around the site, I love it I found the app on my phone about three weeks ago and have found it helpful and friendly... I am on my star week too and have had choc and red wine cravings... The beauty is though, with SW you can indulge and still stay on track, although, I went astray a little last night, but today is a new day and I can put it right by weigh day... I hope you do well and keep checking in for help, hints and tips, or as I do just a chin wag... Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins
 
#11
Hi there , I bet it's a lot harder with a new baby, but you ve done really well so far.

I had some wine last night, but really took my time with it, which is rather unlike me, and I didn't start nibbling , which is so easily done when you re relaxing with a drink or too!

Think I'm going to plan out a few days worth of meals today, so we can just choose what we fancy but stay on track (hubba is doing it with me but hasn't joined club)

Bought quoth mince so probably do a chilli and a bolognese and freeze, but also want to try some new recipes from the sw mag x

Have a great weekend, let's try to get through it

X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
 
#13
A little Easter treat shouldn't be too bad...
I've been good today , had syn free brekkie made by hubba, scrambled eggs, bacon, toms, mushrooms. Then we went out for a walk, I rustled up some chicken fried rice, only 2 syns in the whole recipe (sesame oil which really gives the flavour to the chicken) and we took that with us and had a nice little picnic.
We did stop and have a cheeky pint , I had guiness (will check the the syns later but at a guess prob 8.5??)
But we would normally end up buying a snack at the pub as well and we didn't even think about it.
As it's Easter I just had 2 little hershey kisses (1 syn each) so all in all not a bad effort, just hope I see something on the scales on tues.........

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
 

GothGoddess

Time to start again!
#14
Red-squirrell said:
A little Easter treat shouldn't be too bad...
I've been good today , had syn free brekkie made by hubba, scrambled eggs, bacon, toms, mushrooms. Then we went out for a walk, I rustled up some chicken fried rice, only 2 syns in the whole recipe (sesame oil which really gives the flavour to the chicken) and we took that with us and had a nice little picnic.
We did stop and have a cheeky pint , I had guiness (will check the the syns later but at a guess prob 8.5??)
But we would normally end up buying a snack at the pub as well and we didn't even think about it.
As it's Easter I just had 2 little hershey kisses (1 syn each) so all in all not a bad effort, just hope I see something on the scales on tues.........

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
Sure you will, and well done! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins
 
#15
Think coming on here has been a godsend, if nothing else it's kept me busy!

also found the slimming eats website and have tried two recipes already, they were great and the hubba loved them too!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
 

GothGoddess

Time to start again!
#16
Red-squirrell said:
Think coming on here has been a godsend, if nothing else it's kept me busy!

also found the slimming eats website and have tried two recipes already, they were great and the hubba loved them too!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
Glad you are getting on ok, I must admit, being on here, has helped me no end... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins
 

GothGoddess

Time to start again!
#18
sarah5298a1 said:
had some great tips and recipes off here, i got my half stone award after just 3 weeks of rejoining SW i'm very pleased :) xx
That's all good, you should be pleased that's a great result for that time line, I've been back a month and lost just six... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins
 
#20
Hooray I'm just back from class.... Lost 2llb , that's more like it! Even tho there were people who lost 4or 5llbs, I'm really pleased with 2 after last week!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
 


Similar threads



Top