Newbie grateful for opinions on my first day.

birdy68

Hello :)

I'd managed to lose 5 stone over the past couple of years, half with weight watchers, half with calorie counting. I've been really struggling this year but had managed to maintain until the last month or so, where I've put 9/10lbs on. I tried calorie counting again last week but I was miserable and hungry so I thought I'd give SW a go. I've been nicely full all day but I want to check whether people think I've eaten too much, it looked like this(extra easy):

Breakfast: 2 small(400g loaf) wholemeal toast(HexB), 4 scrambled eggs, half tin beans, mushrooms.

Lunch: Salad of rocket, kale, gem lettuce, cucumber, raw carrot, raw red pepper, handful broad beans, half tin chickpeas, 1 grilled chicken breast, lemon juice, 6 crab sticks.

Dinner: Wholemeal pasta(around 200g dried), 1 courgette, 1 red onion, 3x emmental light Laughing Cow cheese(HexA), 1 egg yolk

Snacks: 2x chicken drumsticks(baked without skin), 1 muller light yog, melon, grapes and pomegranate seeds.

I'll be going to the gym later tonight, where according to my heart rate monitor I'll burn between 600-800 cals depending on how I'm feeling.

I'd be really grateful for opinions on my day of food as some of these things felt a little wrong(but oh so good) to me as I've had success with different diets/change of lifestyle.

Sounds good to me, you've had your hexs, sounds like you've also had 1/3 super free, what are you doing for syns?

Looks great. Would highly recommend having your syns too- I have done SW before and noticed people loose less if they don't have their syns. Honestly!

If you want to, take a peek at my food diary and you'll see I stuff my face lol. Totally understand the worry though. 1st time I did SW I couldn't wrap my head around it and actually decided to eat what they said I could to proove it doesn't work. To test the plan by eating pasta and potatoes lol. I have lost 9lb in 2 weeks. The plan works, and there is no need to go hungry at all :).
it looks like you are doing brill. Maybe set up a food diary in the food diary section of the forum to keep track and get advice/ support from others to help alleviate any worries? I am finding doing mine helpful and everyone is so lovely and supportive xx

Thanks both :)

It is difficult trying to wrap my brain around it, I think it's the pasta and eggs more than anything! If I can lose weight on what I've eaten today then I'll be really happy, I imagine my workout tonight will be great, it's always better when I've had a decent day of food, much more energy. I was wondering whether to do a food diary, I'll definitely take a look at yours, thanks :)

Syn-wise, I eat out once a week and drink probably twice a week(I'm a musician, there's not much getting around it). So I was saving my syns for a meal out and alcohol. I've seen people say I should be having them every day and then others disagreeing and saying they save theirs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back