Newbie *hello*

OllieB

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a few days trying to make my mind up about starting! Yesterday I decided to try CD.

I follow a diet called the unit diet by Jigsaw and i'm losing weight steadily at about 2-3 lb per week. BUT, I'm 30 in June and want to be slim for my party (if I get one :cry: )

I weighed in yesterday at 16 st 10 lb. I am 5' 5" so guess i'm very overweight. I have a few mini goals along the way....

1st Goal: 15 st 7 lb
2nd Goal: 13 st 13 lb (oh to be back in the 13's :D )
3rd Goal: 12 st 12 lb (my weight when I joined ww for the very first time 9 years ago!!!)
BIG GOAL: 11 st 4 lb (my weight when I met my hubby)

11 st 4 lb is a size 12 for me so i'd love to get back there.

I bought 4 weeks worth of shakes off ebay (sorry :eek: ) I'm just too embarrassed to go to a cdc. I will pluck up the courage if I get on ok over these 4 weeks.

Sorry if i've bored you all. I just feel so excited about getting started, but also scared as it's all new to me.

Love Ollie

never boring to meet a new CDer :D

i would tell u off for buying them online but am sure plenty of others will mention it and all the reasons why so i will just say that i hope u find this month really helps and that it leads you to a real CDC who can give u help and support.

do u have any medical reasons why u should be monitored while doing this plan? week 5 ought to be ur "Add a meal" week so please dont do more than the 4 weeks without a CDC.

lots of lovely people here so i hope u will feel supported.

xxxxxx

Hi Karen

Thanks for that.

I knew I was being stupid when I bought them. Then I was reading the posts on here last night and there was a post about buying the foodpacks from ebay. Everyone was saying how you don't know what might be in them, or they could be contaminiated and it got me worried.

I will use up some of these packs and contact a CDC to do it properly. I don't have any medical conditions, and don't take any medication so I should be ok. But I would rather be safe than sorry.

Ollie

yeah theres no price u can put on good health so it needs doing properly but i can understand not wanting to get involved with a CDC if u arent sure about the diet.

as long as u dont have diabetes and not been recently pregnant or have any medical problems then theres no immediate concern. still worrying tho! off to a CDC as soon as possible.

I hope u like the shakes anyways! the first week is fun trying out the different flavours (even tho u would rather eat "real" food!)

the first week can be really really tough when u go on a VLCD as it takes a few days to get into ketosis (that stops u being hungry cos body starts burning fat). u may get some horrid affects like dizziness and headaches.

try to drink 4 litres of water a day as that helps shift the weight quicker and only use tablet sweeters if u want black tea or coffee.

i really wanna tell u to go directly to a CDC but you've made ur choice so I think its best if we just tell u the best way to do the diet til u get proper support.

hopefully a real CDC will post soon as that will be much better advie than mine lol.

the longer u do the diet, the easier it gets so just hang on in and tuff out the first week or 2. when u r properly in ketosis ur cravings and hunger will be gone. replaced with energy and good skin and a feeling of being detoxed and yummy.

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi and welcome Ollie.

On this diet you will be looking fab by June. As Karen says
the sooner you go to a CDC the better. You will then be able to get the best support and advice for this diet, also your packs should be miles cheaper than ebay.

I was scared to make that 1st phone call but it was loads easier than I thought. I also had to go to the doctors to get the diet signed off and worried myself over it, but it was much better received than what I thought it would be. Dont forget CDC are there to help you and you will feel much better when you speak to one and then be more relaxed about the diet.

Good luck with week 1, dont forget to post if you have any questions, there is always someone who can help.:D

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a few days trying to make my mind up about starting! Yesterday I decided to try CD.

I follow a diet called the unit diet by Jigsaw and i'm losing weight steadily at about 2-3 lb per week. BUT, I'm 30 in June and want to be slim for my party (if I get one :cry: )

I weighed in yesterday at 16 st 10 lb. I am 5' 5" so guess i'm very overweight. I have a few mini goals along the way....

1st Goal: 15 st 7 lb
2nd Goal: 13 st 13 lb (oh to be back in the 13's :D )
3rd Goal: 12 st 12 lb (my weight when I joined ww for the very first time 9 years ago!!!)
BIG GOAL: 11 st 4 lb (my weight when I met my hubby)

11 st 4 lb is a size 12 for me so i'd love to get back there.

I bought 4 weeks worth of shakes off ebay (sorry :eek: ) I'm just too embarrassed to go to a cdc. I will pluck up the courage if I get on ok over these 4 weeks.

Sorry if i've bored you all. I just feel so excited about getting started, but also scared as it's all new to me.

Love Ollie

Hellooooooo Ollie.....WELCOME to Minimins :D

CD is fab...the weight'll fall off in no time.....but wouldn't buy any more supplies off eBay.....a lot more expensive from there, not always the UK formulation, may have been 'tampered' with......CDCs are well used to dealing with people's embarrassment...and will almost certainly make you feel at ease....:)

so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...no more off eBay !

lecture over.....;)

good luck on your journey.....

love

Debz
xx

Good luck Ollie B, remember if you have any questions there is always someone on here to answer your questions. Sarahxx.

Back