Newbie here and SO confuzzled

Discussion in 'South Beach Diet' started by ILoveShoes, 20 July 2010 Social URL.

1. ILoveShoes

ILoveShoes Member

Hello lovelies!

I'm so glad I found this site as I'm that stage again where I'm not happy with my body!

Last year was the first time I ever did a diet (life style change) which was Body For Life...which I absolutely LOVED...however the food restrictions were hard to stick to and I just found myself living for my 'cheat days'.

So for the past week or so I have laid off the carbs (I'm a carb fiend) and I actually feel much better and less sluggish within myself so this has had me researching the South Beach Diet and Atkins diet...the thing is I don't know which one to go for.

There seems to be far more information everywhere about Atkins.

So please lovely people I would really love your feedback as to which you have tried or heard that a better (easier) to do.

Thank you
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Maynie

Maynie Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    MFP/South Beach
    I think the important difference is South Beach is NOT low carb. It is basically low GI, so you actually have quite a lot of carbs - the subtitle is 'good fat, good carb' on some of the books. So if you are looking for a low carb diet it is not the one for you.

I find I feel good and lose weight on South Beach and get to eat lots of nice things! However, I would definitely not say that it is easy. You have to avoid quite a lot of things and the first two weeks are hard. There isn't the flexibility to have a chocolate bar (except dark chocolate) or a bag of crisps that you get with slimming world or weight watchers. I haven't found that a problem, so it depends what you're looking for.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.