Newbie here - wants to be slim at 30

Hi girls, just thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is Liz and I'm a mum of two gorgeous children, a girl aged 7 and a boy of 3.
I've got 110lbs to lose and I really want it all away by the time I'm 30, I have approximately 15 months to get it all off and I really want to do it so I'm gonna be hanging round here an awful lot and hope to gets lots of advice, motivation and tips.
I'm going it alone for now, good old fashioned calorie counting and as much exercise as I can fit in around my kids. I've tried pretty much all of the diets mentioned on here and they've all worked when i've stuck to them but I'm not good at restrictions so I never stick to them for very long.
Come and say Hi if you can and any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated.
I started on Monday so will make sure I'm on here at least once a week to update my ticker but think I'm gonna be on here everyday just for the support!
Wish me luck xx :)

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your weightloss. X

Hi Mummy Tummy,
I'm in a similar situation, I'm Lynsey and I'm a new-mummy to a 6month old baby girl and DESPERATE to lose weight! My baby's daddy wants to get married asap, but I refuse to walk down the aisle until I lose weight! SO i've got to start asap!

I've got 126lbs to lose (but anything would be a start!) I'm hoping to do it the same way as you - good old fashioned calorie counting and as much exercise as I can fit in - same as you! but I have also been to see my GP who has prescribed me Xenical, so I'm following low cal, low fat.

I've set myself a personal goal of December next year, and if I haven't got well on my way to success by then, im gonna request a gastric band from my GP. But fingers crossed I'll be successful the old-fashioned way! I'm more determined this time than I've ever been.

POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE is my new motto! so if you need support i'm here! Good luck with your weight loss journey - WE CAN DO IT!!

Lynsey xx

Hi, thanks for all you're encouragement, especially 'soon to be yummy mummy', looks like we're in a very similar situation so should definitely keep in touch. Do you think the Xenical works? Not sure if its for me or not, maybe I'll see how I get on doing it alone and see my GP if I feel like I'm strugging.

Well I started my diet 3 weeks ago and I've lost 6.5lbs myself, i started taking Xenical 2 days ago (today's my 3rd day) so i'm not an expert on them, but my understanding is that they're not a miracle pill - if i eat too much off them then im still gonna get fat! and they dont just magically melt away the pounds - it still takes alot of hard work to lose the weight, but they're a good incentive to keep you on track and to stick to a low fat diet, i'm a bugger for chocolate and crisps etc and when im dieting normally i might "sneek" myself some of those and think "oh whats the problem, its not gonna do alot of harm to my diet" but i know if i do that with these tablets i'll have a nasty accident! so it stops me from reaching for the snacks! has done so far ne way!! lol

I think they're worth considering mummy tummy coz they're not "cheating" they just work as a deterent from fats for me - always a good thing. There's no side effects from just taking the tablets - unless you eat fat, they dont increase blood pressure like other diet pills can etc.... and my doctor told me for every 2lb you'd lose on your own dieting they help you lose another 1-2lbs! because they bind with any fat in your diet and take away a 1/3 of it.

I couldve kicked myself last night tho, went out with friends and OH for a karaoke night and meal before and Id been brilliant all day on the diet, they chose a pub that only had burgers/pizzas etc on the menu and one salad choice! so i had the grilled chicken salad, felt almost saintly as they were tucking in to greasy burgers, chips, garlic bread etc..... then i went and ruined it by having 3 glasses of white wine!! bum. feel really bad today now!

hope your diets going better! xxxx

Hello and welcome, i am in a very similar situation, and struggling. Even started to give gastric bands serious thought. I am going to docs on tuesday to discuss the way I'm feeling. Sick and tired of looking and feeling like this!
I have lost in the past (5 stone) through sensible healthy eating and exercise, just can't get the kick start.
Maybe I need doc to help me out to get started this time?

Good luck with your weight loss, I look forward to chatting with you.

Hi Soon to be yummy mummy,

I am interested in your doctor's remark about xenical helping you lose another 1-2 lbs for every 1-2lbs you lose yourself. Sounds like just what I need to get kick started, once I'm off and running..there is no stopping me! LOL
I have heard a little about those tablets, a friend even recommended them to me a year ago, but I didn't ask my doctor. Hmmm, think its time to ask now!

Thankyou for posting that info yummy mummy!

that's what she said Rainbow Rose, have you heard of Alli on sale at pharmacies now? they're basically those but double the strength! they're exactly the same chemical as Alli (orlistat) but with Alli its 60mg and with Xenical its 120mg. I'm glad ive inspired you! lol. it's not something i entered into lightly, as i didnt wanna set myself up for a fall, but its literally what i said to mummy tummy, they dont magically melt away the pounds on their own just by taking them, (shame isnt it!) but if you watch calories and keep to a low fat diet then they help by taking out 1/3 of the fat from the food you eat. There's so much bad press about the side effects - but ive been on them for 3 days and not had any - you literally only get the side effects if you eat too much fat. Too much generally counts as anything over 5g of fat per 100g of the food, or a better idea is no more than 15g of fat per meal. They're fab for acting as a deterrent for me reaching for crisps, chips, chocolate....basically because i dont want to be stuck on the loo all day! lol xxxx

Good luck, and welcome to mini's. im sure youll do great :D

Hi girls, just thought I'd introduce myself.
My name is Liz and I'm a mum of two gorgeous children, a girl aged 7 and a boy of 3.
I've got 110lbs to lose and I really want it all away by the time I'm 30, I have approximately 15 months to get it all off and I really want to do it so I'm gonna be hanging round here an awful lot and hope to gets lots of advice, motivation and tips.
I'm going it alone for now, good old fashioned calorie counting and as much exercise as I can fit in around my kids. I've tried pretty much all of the diets mentioned on here and they've all worked when i've stuck to them but I'm not good at restrictions so I never stick to them for very long.
Come and say Hi if you can and any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated.
I started on Monday so will make sure I'm on here at least once a week to update my ticker but think I'm gonna be on here everyday just for the support!
Wish me luck xx :)

Hi Liz :)

Welcome to our community and come on here as much as possible for support, encouragement and a good laugh!

Isis xx :)

Hiya and welcome to Minis :) Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

Welcome!
Best of luck with your weight loss!!!

HI MUMMY TUMMY,

Hows things going? xxxx

Hi Lynsey,
I've been doing pretty well all week. Not done as much exercise as I would have liked with the kids being home, and the weather hasn't been great so haven't got out much either. I would have liked a few days at the park but it's just been rain rain rain all week. The food side of things has been pretty good though, I've stuck to my 1500 calorie limit everyday and been drinking water like its going out of fashion so I'm hoping the scales will love me tomorrow! lol.
How have you been getting on?
Thanks for all the messages everyone, really appreciated xx

Good luck, I want to be fab at 40 so I have given myself 26 months, I've lost 2 stone since last year so I'm POSITIVE this is 'do able'

good luck everybody. I have 4 stone to lose and have given myself a year to do it. I have found that if I crave chocolate I have a low fat chocolate mouse as these are a lot less calories than a chocolate bar and get rid of the craving for it.

Well done Liz! thats fab. do you feel better with it? i do but i cant stop peeing! lol!

well....i "thought" i'd been quite good, never over 1700 cals (that was wine binge day!, other days around the 1300-1400mark!) but naughtily jumped on the scales this morning and am quite disappointed!

1st go: -2lbs down
2nd go: stayed the same
3rd go: -1lb down

all virtually one after each other? official weigh day for me is Wed, but im only weighing weekly this week, then im gonna weigh fortnightly on the machine at boots by me, you can get a print out then so i can keep them for the doc!

good luck with the WI tomorrow! bet you've lost loades!
xxxx

p.s Seasons - I get my chocolate craving by having coco pop munchers for breakfast or supper - they're (puzzingly??) less than normal coco pops in calories AND fat! i have them with skimmed milk and they hit the spot wonderfully! and count as a whole meal of choc yum! lol!

if i'm feeling particularly hungry @ breakfast, i have that AND 2 pieces of WW bread toasted with a slither of flora really light margarine and an apple! yum!

Back