NEWBIE HERE WITH A QUERY..

pommychic

Hi everyone!

My name is Andrea and I joined weightwatchers propoints last week. I am praying weightwatchers is the answer to my prayers in finding a diet plan that will finally work!

I have my first weigh in tonight and I am a bit nervous! I have gone through my tracker book checking what I have eaten throughout the week and I was wondering about the weekly propoints... I have used up 43 of all my weekly points. (I had a very busy weekend socially) I have been reading on these boards and I have seen that there are members who do not use the 49 points to give themselves a better chance of losing.. Is this the case? I have done quite a lot of exercise during the week - jogging, power walking and spin classes which I havent accounted for.. so hopefully fingers crossed!

I just dont want to sabotage my weight loss by using the weekly points... what does everyone else do?

Hi and welcome :)
Everybody seems to find different things with their weeklies. I personally eat all of mine pretty much every week and have good losses (or maintain if I eat more dailies, depending on what I want that week). The only thing is I have to eat them first half of the week, rather than close to my weigh in.
If I were you, I would start just as you have, eating a good chunk of them if you want/need to. If you find you are not getting the losses you hoped/ expected, you can always cut back on them a bit :)
Hope that helps!

Oh, also, if you're doing a lot of exercise but not counting/ eating the points (I'm the same!) I'd say definitely go for it with the weeklies :)

i drink most of my weeklies :party0036:

i eat most of my weekly's but save my activity points and i've lost 9lb in 4 weeks which i am very happy with.
some do well on this diet, others not as good, so i would just see how it goes and figure which is best for you as you go on.

Yeah you should eat your weeklies and see what happens. If you get into the habit of not eating them for too long your metabolism changes and you wont ever be able to have them without gaining... which for me would make the diet a lot harder. The whole point (lol) of ww is that its supposed to be something you can integrate into your life!

Eating less doesn't always mean losing more

I eat all my weeklies. Just follow the plan as written and only worry about it if you don't lose. And don't forget that if you are in it for the long haul then you might want to take the more livable route rather than the quickest. I think it is better to point everything and use your weeklies if necessary rather than pretend you haven't eaten stuff which would probably be what happens if you have another social weekend but have decided not to have your weeklies :) Point and stay in control x

I eat all my weeklies. Just follow the plan as written and only worry about it if you don't lose. And don't forget that if you are in it for the long haul then you might want to take the more livable route rather than the quickest. I think it is better to point everything and use your weeklies if necessary rather than pretend you haven't eaten stuff which would probably be what happens if you have another social weekend but have decided not to have your weeklies :) Point and stay in control x

Yeah I completely agree. (bolded part in particular)

That's the only bad thing about here. People come on and read other peoples cheats or amendments.. and think this is the way to do it. Why make life hard for yourself before you've even started? If you want to lose weight ridiculously fast you shouldn't be on ww :)

This weekend my father and I are making home made freakin pizza (the extra points will be taken out of my weekly points!) and I have to say I can't wait. I love how you actually ENJOY food on this plan.

While I rarely eat all my weeklies, I did at the beginning. It's taken me since I started (September last year) to really get into the swing of it. And it's different for everyone; some eat all their weeklies and lose, others eat em and gain. I've found personally that I generally have a week of eating lots of them then a week of only eating a few. The thing that plataeus me is eating the same thing (and point amount) every week. Then I just stall. It's not great but at least means every week I get to shake it up a bit. :)

I usually use my weeklies, and I was doing well on it. I'm sure if you keep going with eating your weeklies, you'll be perfectly fine! Best of luck x

Hi, I eat just a few of my weeklies on a Saturday night, thats out treat night. Tonight its fish and chips. I think if I was to eat all my weeklies I wouldn't lose anything, but everybody's different and you get to know your own body. You just need to try it for yourself. Hope this helps.

I tend to eat at least half my weeklies. I try to eat them in the first half of the week and only stick to dailies in the 2 days prior to WI, works for me :)

I eat all my weeklies. I would be lost without them.

I was the same as you Reading on this and getting worried cause I didn't feel like I was dieting.

I've lost 8lbs in 3 weeks :)

I would say go for it and eat them and see how u get on

I am in my third month of doing wwand i have eaten all my weeklys everyweek and have lost 2lb a week since starting so i wud say definatly go for it! X

Back