Newbie here

You are doing brilliantly - this is the hardest bit, I promise it gets MUCH easier!
Black coffee is a miracle for me - it staves off hunger panges really well. x

I am glad it does, and that is really encouraging, because although I have had hunger pangs i don't regret it for a minute. I just KNOW that this is going to work for me, and this will be the key to me finding a good healthy place to be. I have a lot to look forward to, and I don't think I have ever felt so positive in the early stages of a diet. The short term goals are so big, I just don't see it as a massive journey, it is a short one to get there, then I can enjoy learning what my body needs to stay there. The fact it gets even easier makes me smile, because I am managing this, so I know I can manage that. :)

Hello Tinka,welcome between us.Im sure u will be fine.You have to be honest with yourself,why you want it.Keep strong.Its my 3rd day,feeling cold but very positeve.Good luck on your journey.

Here comes first taste of the porridge...

That was ... interesting. I think it was a bit sloppy, maybe i put a smidge too much water in. Again, it is ok, and it got better as I was eating it. :) I was expecting the first mouthful to taste like oats so simple porridge, and, well it isn't that similar. But still quite nice. Not disgusting, and I will buy it again.

I am addicted to the porridge! I make it with slightly less water than it says to on the packet x

Good plan I think, then just have a glass of water with it to compensate. I might get some of those husk things too to make a shake into thick porridge like substance. mmm banana porridge.

Well, Day 2 is here. Went to bed last night and Hubby was laughing at my rumbling tummy. He said "get up and have a glass of water", I refused, reckoning my bladder might just burst overnight.
I have woken up with a headache, so just had 2 paracetamol and a big glass of water. I think I will try the banana shake this morning. I hope it is nice.
Still feeling very positive, I know today and tomorrow are probably going to be the killler days, and I am determined to busy myself and get through. I also have about 18 reports left to write, and I really must do it, instead of surfing the net and making weight loss inspiration charts. LOL

Ok,
1. banana and vanilla shakes are very nice indeed.
2. I have bad breath! Bleurgh.

Question... does the breath thing last, or will it pass quickly... fingers crossed here. Otherwise I am going to be getting no horizontal jiggy jiggy action, I would be so self conscious (can't hide breath with the light off!) :sigh:

hi tink
i am on day 2 and water helps with the breath thing lol

i am having my first wobble as the kids are having yummy food while we are watching a movie but i am not going to cave in.

and from what i have read day 3 is hard going but we are going to get through it and be fine x

Thanks Kerry, drinking lots of water and brushing my teeth more. Yakky.
I made the kids lunch today, I don't really want to say what it was on here in case it gets people craving for it - but it was aromatic and I kid you not, my mouth was watering. It is like my sense of smell was heightened and tuned right in. I made them eat in in a different room, and had my vanilla shake.:)
I had a very low carb day on Monday (day before i started CD) so I am hoping that today might be my last hungry day... but if it isn't I know we can get through tomorrow and it will get easier.
I keep going out to try and take my mind off it. :D

Tinka, you are so nearly there now, I promise! Well done on resisting a nibble when you made kids' lunch - that must have been hard x

i am eating in the same room and trying to keep it all as normal as poss as next week when the kids are back at school i will be back on cooking duty

Well, something weird is going on. I had porridge again this morning (had it on my first day and thought it was ok) and it was vile. Really salty and gross, I added sweetener to it and managed to force it down, but it was yakky. Dunno if my tastes have altered.
Headaches are fading, but I still feel weak. Breath is urgh too, just scrubbed my tongue etc. Looking forward to feeling better.
Going to try a tetra for lunch.

i bought 7 soups to have for dinner but i am hating them but will drink them so i have just put next weeks order in and no soups for me lol

i am sure it must have an effect on you taste.

no headaches for me yet but i am doing well on the water sipping it steadily all day thought i would be up all night going for a wee but no probs.

I have been an irritable shrew all day, shouting at the kids, rolling my eyes and I seem to have a sarcasm overload!
Just had quite a teary moment in the kitchen, it hit me like a wave while I was making lunch for everyone again. I could smell cheese, my mouth started watering and I slammed down the knife and huffed off onto the stairs like a petulant child, tears in my eyes. Hubby came in from work and saw me leaning on the wall.
I was blurting out how I am so fed up, and I feel weak and drained, and the kids won't listen... and blahhhhh.
He said he wasn't going to let me eat until I had stuck to it a week, and he took over the lunch.
Feel fine again now, just a peak of frustration I think. I need to remember that food will still be there when I can have it again. :sigh:

i feel your pain i was like that last night the smell of the kids dinner was too much just remember we just need to get through today and in the morning we will have made it past day 3

Tetra Brik Strawberry = Bleurgh!!! *Shudder*
I went to Stourport this afternoon, lovely town on the River Severn, sat on my picnic blanket and drank my tetra while hubbs and the kids ate their sandwiches and played football.
Feeling very proud of myself, especially as I could smell barbeques.

Tetra Brik Strawberry = Bleurgh!!! *Shudder*
I went to Stourport this afternoon, lovely town on the River Severn, sat on my picnic blanket and drank my tetra while hubbs and the kids ate their sandwiches and played football.
Feeling very proud of myself, especially as I could smell barbeques.

Congrats on making your first goal hunny, i started on Tuesday so boy do i hear you with what your going through....i have been busy with college had A Level exam (mature student :D) so luckily been wtg busy revising to worry bout food my hubby says it was lucky i was busy coz i was a grump with the hump:D but when i woke up this morning i felt excellent full of beans couldn't believe so i am hoping i have turned a corner. Also don't kknow if it helps but i froze my tetra coz i didn't like them either and it did help (worth a try), wot porridge you having i actually love the apple and cinnamon.
Anyway take care and keep up the great work
p.s i love to sniff the kids crisp packets - empty ones of course it seems to help my cravings
Luv Sharon xxxx

Back