Newbie! Hi all I'm on day 1 ...

sammydee

Hi, I'm Sam, On day 1 of SS
I'm a little concerned though as my CDC gave me bars for my first week as well?
Is this right?
I heard that you shouldnt have bars for the first 2 weeks, so i emailed her and she replied with
"
Don't worry about the bars - I think it's absolutely fine and I wholeheartedly recommend them for the first two weeks. It tends to keep people on the straight and narrow as they are something to look forward to and also, I think it's more "normal" to chew food, rather than have it all in liquid form. The bars are also good for chocoholics and nibblers/pickers. They also take ages to eat (if you take small bites!!). Anyway, see how you get on and if you would rather not have bars, just let me know.

Good luck for today, I hope it goes really well. Just remember to keep BUSY and drink your water and you'll be absolutely fine. I can just see you in a size ten wedding dress.......!!

Any thoughts guys?

xx

Hi Sam, good luck :D - I am on day 6 myself. I understood that you shouldn't have the bars until week 3 but I can't remember the reason why. Certainly my CDC said not until week 3 anyway.

Hi, You're not supposed to have the bars for the 1st 2 weeks. Having said that Hubby and I are on CD for the 2nd time and we both had bars from the start both times without problems. I'm not saying that's the right thing to do...Just telling you our experience. I think some people find it harder to get into ketosis if they have the bars from the start. We were probably just lucky. Good luck with your weight loss.
Tx

Cambridge dont recommend you have the bars from the start, but I cant do SS without them. The reason is they are very slightly higher in carbs so might take a little while longer to get into ketosis but I wouldnt worry about it. As long as you have your 3 CD's a day (whether its soup, shakes or bars) you WILL lose weight. Just remember to take extra water with the bar to keep up your fluid intake

Back