newbie- hi all

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by hackneybird, 30 December 2008 Social URL.

1. hackneybird

hackneybird New Member

Hiya everyone,
    I need to lose 7stone 7lbs as I am killing myself . I've been a yo-yo dieter and comfort eater my whole life, and at 17st 7lbs at 34 years old and 5ft 2in , a mother of two lovely girls and a sufferer of high blood pressure I have had enough, i must take action now. I have put on a stone a year for the last ten years, and I avoid looking at myself in mirrors or having my photo taken.
    For some its drink or drugs to battle demons, for me its food.
    I cant buy the clothes I like, or do the things I used to do, ive eaten myself into a prison.
    I hope I can drop in from time to time and take strength from you all, or be there for anyone if its needed as someone who understands.
    :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

Hi there and :welcome: to minimins :)

I know it seems like a big hill now but try and take it little by little dont look at it as 7stone. take it in half stones and tackle them that way :) Have you decided on some kind of plan to follow? there is lots of info on here abour various diets :) I can totally agree with what you say about drink and drunks food is the exact same isnt it :sigh: I hope you feel at home here :) xx

4. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

Diet:
    WW Discover Plan
    Becky is right (as usual)... take it in small steps... I know how daunting it is to have a big target, and it really helps to have a smaller and realistic target.
    Do let us know how you get on and give us a shout if you need any help, support or encouragement. This forum is amazing for all that!
    Good luck!!!

~Silence~

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Your'e not the only one there believe me Hackneybird, I'm sure the majority of people on the boiard would agree with that. I agree, set yourself small achievable targets.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.