newbie- hi all

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by hackneybird, 30 December 2008 Social URL.

1. hackneybird

hackneybird New Member

Hiya everyone,
    I need to lose 7stone 7lbs as I am killing myself . I've been a yo-yo dieter and comfort eater my whole life, and at 17st 7lbs at 34 years old and 5ft 2in , a mother of two lovely girls and a sufferer of high blood pressure I have had enough, i must take action now. I have put on a stone a year for the last ten years, and I avoid looking at myself in mirrors or having my photo taken.
    For some its drink or drugs to battle demons, for me its food.
    I cant buy the clothes I like, or do the things I used to do, ive eaten myself into a prison.
    I hope I can drop in from time to time and take strength from you all, or be there for anyone if its needed as someone who understands.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

Hi there and :welcome: to minimins :)

I know it seems like a big hill now but try and take it little by little dont look at it as 7stone. take it in half stones and tackle them that way :) Have you decided on some kind of plan to follow? there is lots of info on here abour various diets :) I can totally agree with what you say about drink and drunks food is the exact same isnt it :sigh: I hope you feel at home here :) xx
  4. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

WW Discover Plan
    Becky is right (as usual)... take it in small steps... I know how daunting it is to have a big target, and it really helps to have a smaller and realistic target.
    Do let us know how you get on and give us a shout if you need any help, support or encouragement. This forum is amazing for all that!
    Good luck!!!

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Your'e not the only one there believe me Hackneybird, I'm sure the majority of people on the boiard would agree with that. I agree, set yourself small achievable targets.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.